4,296 results
All reviewstamarind restaurantahmed faragalexander restaurantspecial thanksmain restaurantaqua magichuge poolpool barall inclusive packagekids clubhalf boardamazing hotelreception teamsea viewprivate beachbreakfast and dinneraqua gym
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Having worked in the travel industry for many years, I have stayed in many hotels in Egypt and other countries over the past years. I must say that the Steigenberger Al Dau is definitely on top of my list! To Egyptian standards, if I may say so, this is the best hotel in its price range that I have ever experienced.

The Steigenberger Al Dau distinguishes itself from other hotels (again, in its price range ; this is not The Oberoi ;-) by its excellent service and eye for 'details' (but oh so appreciated!): the delicious drinks/refreshing towels/fresh melon/.... brought to you while lying by the pool, the live piano music or violin at night, the guitarist at the beach bar playing happy summer tunes :-), the discrete animation during the day (nooo loud music, no ennoying announcements!), very kind entertainers but in no way intrusive, the possibility of having a la carte lunch either by the pool or beach, the main bar open 24hrs, the quality of the drinks, the amazing lazy river, the excellent service all over the hotel (a few exceptions left behind), the big and comfortable rooms with large terrace, the fact that there are always enough sunbeds around and quiet places in the resort, etc etc etc.

If there is one thing that could improve in my opinion, it is the buffet in the main restaurant. It could be more refined (e.g. appetizers and desserts in individual portions, a better presentation, more show cooking), but still the food is of very good quality.

All in all, if you are looking for a classy hotel with excellent service and a friendly, quiet atmosphere, I would highly recommend the SAD! I will definitely go back :-)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank 66Helene
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have just checked out from this hotel a while ago, we stayed for 5 nights all inclusive as part of our Egypt trip, and we felt 5 nights were enough really, the hotel has beautiful well maintained grounds and the building it self is quite new 2007, I'll not repeat what previous reviewers wrote,but will just say that the staff are very dedicated, and show obvious proud for working for the hotel, wherever you go you find one of the maintenance staff doing something , the rooms and amenities were adequate but nothing to rave about, breakfast buffet was extensive but again nothing to rave about, the weather was cold during the day hence the main swimming pool and lazy river are empty, and most guests( including us ) used the heated swimming pools with temp maintained around 31 while the main swimming pool temp was 19 as they are announcing it daily, we used the free water sports, we rented bicycle daily and we engaged in the introductory golf course, all were parts of the all inclusive, yesterday and today morning there was intermittent power shortage,that lasted few mins or less up on calling the operator she advised that its all over the resort , we booked directly with the hotel and we availed the free round trip airport transfers and there is bit of price difference, Alexander food is wow and we needed to wait for two days before we got a table there, definitely will recommend this hotel to any one and yes we will be back there soon

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank asialoverR
Reviewed December 7, 2012

It is really difficult to fail this hotel, as all part of our stay there were pretty much faultless. Although I might reiterate a lot from previous comments, after the great job people at Steigenberger have done, the least thing I could do is to leave this review.
Accommodation: It is a perfect family hotel, situate by the sea. The rooms are spacious and clean. Rooms are cleaned daily, with room towels changed daily as well. Beach and swimmingpools are great, especialiy swimmingpool that seems to be the largest in Hurgada, Food: If there is one negative thing I can name about food – it is that it’s very delicious and there is great variety of it. so I end up with daily struggle as what to choose and not get overfull. In short – plenty of delicious dishes every day that should satisfy everybody’s taste i

Room Tip: high floor
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DAKOKA
Reviewed December 5, 2012

This is a very nice and comfortable place to spend your vacation. The buffet has lots of variety and excellent food quality. Entertainment in evening is excellent. Beach is very clean and has plenty of benches and umbrellas to lie under. I just had one complain which is the quality of the alcoholic drinks which needs to be improved. service is excellent.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Staying at the hotel Steigenberger Al Dau Beach for the whole week (22-29.11.12) with a corporate group of 30 persons I've found several important points of leisure:
- everything is FOR YOU here: any request, any service you need, just ask and wait for a few moments;
- all the staff is polite and friendly in any day time, even 4 a m :))
- food. The food is excellent! Believe me, I love to eat much and every day I was satisfied by variety of offers, everything was fresh and every evening something new for the dinner!))
- my group had a conference, that was arranged brilliantly. And every day I saw happy faces of my participants, who were surprised by warm and kindest welcome...
So, hope to come here again as soon as possible on holidays.
p.s. If you need to organize any date, birthday or anniversary or anything else please find the banquet manager, he is splendid!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business