The Steigenberger was booked for us by our tour operator (Ahmad at Egypt Tours Portal) as part of our package and what a resort it is! There was nothing more we could have hoped for in Hurghada...the Steigenberger has massive bedrooms, bathrooms with bath and shower, resort facing balcony, attentive and prompt staff, mouth watering food and top class resort facilities including an aqua club for water sports. In the evenings, there would usually be a pianist filling the hotel's huge lobby with pleasant music which was a great touch.
Despite the above, the Steigenberger is very reasonably priced in all departments which is the icing on the cake. We tried the dinner buffet a couple of times and the selection and quality of both food and drinks on offer was outstanding so although pricey, it was certainly worth it. Whilst enjoying the private beach, we ate at the beach cafe which again was very reasonably priced for a nice lunch.
I'm not sure what other hotels rated better than this can have but I would definitely recommend this hotel and resort for a properly relaxing stay in Hurghada.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Hotel is an exclusive luxury hotel built in fascinating Swahili architecture, situated directly on the beach at the southern tip of Hurghada with a spectacular view of the sea. The hotel is famous for its luxurious spacious rooms and superb restaurants, and it presents a variety of unrivaled features; from a unique Lazy River, inviting you to lose yourself in the tranquility of a gentle river ride, floating through the landscaped gardens until you disembark straight into an amazing pool covering 5,000 m3. A private beach that is almost half a kilometer in length, just to relax or to play, with "Ilios" the world class dive club and aqua center, where you can scuba dive, snorkel, go windsurfing, water skiing or parasailing. A 9 hole par 3 golf course, floodlit, for playing a challenging game of golf under the summer night sky. As for the feeling of complete well-being; immerse yourself in 1000 m2 of the "Algotherm Red Sea Thalasso & Spa" for pampering body treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Resort
- Hotel Steigenberger Al Dau Beach