“best hotel locally”

Ranked #91 of 221 Hotels in Hurghada
Manchester, United Kingdom
“best hotel locally”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We spent 10 nights here mid june 2014. Granted, it catered more for the Russians, Germans and Polish however, from speaking to other travelers, this was the best hotel locally. We have no issues with any of the other travelers but manners were not top priority!!! We got a really good deal on the hotel and requested a pool view; if you dont, your could be at the front on the road or sides looking at next doors as the pool is in the middle/back. The excursions were amazing!!!!!! No complaints. pool facilities were great although food wasnt too great but chefs are happy to help!!! In Egypt on the whole, you are constantly nagged to buy items; best advice we got off a worker was to not speak and shake your head; as soon as they know where you are from, they will strike up conversation. Barter! Rooms fully air conditioned and good for families and couples.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Katie F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed June 26, 2014

i stayed for 3 nights my reservation throw booking.com from 12/06 till 16/06.
hotel view, room and employees is good

the problem : upon c/i the GSA give me a poor paper with hotel instructions and i followed all instructions. second day one of pool team contacted me and told that it's not acceptable for your wife to use the Islamic swimming suit in pool. i inform him that i have the paper by your hotel instruction and i didn't find any info about that, he informed me that i can use the 3rd swimming pool as this one is for foreigners by bikini, i inform him again I’m here to use any pool not to use Specified pool.
i ask him to contact the duty manager to finalize the issue with me. he gone and come agan and inform me ''duty manager ask you to read the instructions good'' -- i got the paper and give it to him and told i read it good please give it to your duty manager to read it again as may he don't have time or information about what in it.'' again tell him to contact me.

after 30 min one of FO team contact hhhhh me and said''Mr. Mohamed Saady i'm sorry my manager in meeting --sorry it's our mistake we give you the paper of foreigners instructions , we have one special for Egyptian by Arabic.''

any way i was in vacation and don't need any …………''i inform him that I’ll us the 3rd pool it’s okay’’

but I’ll never come again to this hotel as they don't give any respect for guests.......

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank mrmohamedsaady
Pribram, Czech Republic
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Mirage Hotel is a friendly, smaller and simpler devices hotel. All services offered are very good. The staff is friendly and arranged everything to our satisfaction. The sea here is really great, but there's a super swimming in pools. Outside the hotel there is a large promenade that evening will give your holiday a pleasant atmosphere. Hotel has the best Czech-speaking delegate ... I recommend this hotel for less demanding clients who do not eat to look for the problem, but relax.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Marie N
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I got back 2 days ago and All I can say is Awful hotel, dodgy food, dated rooms, full of Russians, don't expect the room you booked to be available we ended up with a twin room (booked double pool view) looking out onto a dirty alleyway ! The bar/ pool staff are friendly but the managers don't give a "@""! A lady collapsed and it took 10 mins for the 'on site doctor' to get run 30ft to her and he didn't even know CPR and looked at us English like what do I do! Sadly the lady ended up dying because she didn't not get the proper attention and was just flung in the back of a car after 20 mins of incorrect attempted resuscitation. When I complained that at least the lifeguards need to know CPR the manager laughed at me!
The pools are very clean but the hotel is very dated and the rooms dirty. Broken tiles and nails sticking out of the walls (actually ripped my partners Tshirt) everyone who we met who stayed here got stomache upsets from the food!
Do not stay here i wouldn't even give it 2 stars! Complete waste of money and the promenade outside the hotel is just too pushy! If your going to Expect hassle from the locals, awful food, broken tired rooms. The only good thing is oxygen diving who are located just on the hotels jetty!
Please take note of this review, and don't waste your time or money!

• Stayed May 2014
10 Thank Jessicamaielliott

Travelers are raving about these Hurghada hotels

Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

Rooms were dated but clean. Really nice variety food. Close to all the excursions. Nice little beach, nice pier, enough sunbeds, clean pools, good spa. Very nice friendly staff. The entertainment was in russian i think. Felt isolating because only a couple of brits were there. I don't think many brits go there otherwise I'd stay again because I didn't understand anything going on and missed all the entertainment. Too many excursions to do in egypt. i love egypt

• Stayed March 2014
5 Thank DonnZee
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Nice time, place, good hospitality, weather we have this Ester in Mirage New Hawaii Hotel.
Many thanks to Guest relation Manager Aladdin.
Little more work on the beach, has to be cleaner.
Refreshment on the bar can be original instead of supplants.

Hope to come back again!

SERBIA

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
8 Thank bobana82 .
Corfu, Greece
Reviewed April 22, 2014

+ Nice place with shops in front of the hotel, different selection of dishes every day, good enough beach.Clean swimming pools and nice garden. All the staff were polite and helpful except the reception's staff. A thank you to animation team for the entertaining shows and to the cleaning room staff who every day cleaning the rooms and making different animals with the towels.

- One of the problems started when we arrived at the airport. Our booking confirmation via Booking.com was writing that we had free transportation fron/to the airport. So few days before the arrival I sent to the reservation manager Mostafa Elsayed the flights details as he had asked.,but noone was at the airport. We were waiting about 45 minutes and because our baby started to cry and it was late at night and he was tired, I called to the hotel. The man at the reception was very rude although I explained the situation and told me: I'm not informed of something like that,I'm not going to send anyone to pick you up from the airport and it's not my problem. Call booking.com which you made the reservation to solve the problem otherwise come by taxi. Finally we arrived at the hotel by taxi and of course I paid for it. Second problem were the beds. We booked a triple room with 3 single beds or preferably 1 single and 1 double room but in the room was 2 single bed and 1 folding bed with very poor quality mattress which an adult can't sleep. Third problem was that the descent of the water was very low in the washbasin.The second day I discussed the problems with an another manager named Alladin and told me that all the problems will be solved and of course that they will take us to the airport free the last day. To say the truth the problem with the bed and the washbasin had been solved after one hour. I informed him about another broblem with the bill: When I went to the reception to pay for the room the man at the reception asked me to give him 499 euro for a triple room in all inclusive for 7 nights as the confirmation wrote. I paid this ammount and gave me the receipt signed, but the next day wanted 29 euro more due to different equivalence as he said. When Alladid saw the receipt told me that it's not a problen, I don't have to pay more and took my receipt to copy it, but the last day we realise that everything was a trick and the man at the reception forced me to pay the 29 euro and pay the taxi for the transfer to the airport as well! I have been to different countries and for me is unacceptable a four star hotel not have a mini bus for transportation!

Room Tip: If you want to stay at this hotel avoid to book it by yourself and prefer a package via a travel age...