Hor Palace
$155
$85
$113
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 14, 2012

The only reason I gave 3 point for this hotel, it is because each time I was not satisfied I asked myself "really what could I expect by paying EUR320 for one week including the flight?". The hotel is really bad mantained. Where you have steel you have rust. Where you have wood, you have cracks. The toilet smells, you can feel the springs of the mattress on your back, The breakfast lacks eatable cheese and ham, bui the omelet is good. The bar is just visited by ghosts. But the worse is the a guy, who seems to be the owner, he just confiscated our bottle of water at the entrance because it is forbiden to bring water into the hotel!!! The cleaning people even confiscated a bottle from our room lefting only the empty ones :-)
The good things are: the staff is really friendly, the guy who clean the room made every day diferent sculptures with the towels, the beach is very good, the room is big, the hotel is place in an area with many shops around.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
12  Thank Marcos V
Reviewed December 28, 2011

We've stayed there for the last night after our liveaboard diving trip. Rooms are very poor, everything is warn out. Territory is green but i can't say it is nice. Meals are rather poor. Beach is not good also. This hotel is suitable only for those who spend not much time in the hotel itself, used to go out or have some other activities.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank DiveTheBluee
Reviewed May 8, 2011

Right i have just come back from this hotel yes this isnt 5 star nor 4 but the staff are freindly and will bend over backwards to help except for those at the front desk. The owner is always around and if there is something wrong speak to him and it will get sorted.
the food is a bit boring and the hotel is a bit dated and could do with a update but look at the price you are paying to stay there. If you want a 5 star then pay for it .The beach and sea is clean but no good for snorkeling as there isnt may fish around.The rooms was always clean and tidy.There is only 1 restaurant open which is the main 1 open 7 to 9 breakfast 1300 to 1430 dinner then 1900 to 2130 tea. There isnt any other food available and no ice cream available for the children

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
10  Thank shaun b
Reviewed January 10, 2011

Brought home lots of souvenirs and friends from Hor Palace: My body is covered with scars from bed bug bites. I examined the bedding as soon as I entered...and there were visible signs of bedbugs....the room was filthy. I complained and they send a man to clean but refused to change my room. The middle of the night in peak season in Hurgada is time to go looking for another room. I awoke that night scratching and itching ... when I arose I saw the telltale blood drops all over my bed. Then they changed my room.

Also came home with head lice...I don'h think the pillows have ever been washed...and a bad case of dysentary. The water in the bathroom smelled vaguely of sewage. I washed my face and mouth will alcohol...but may have caught the dysentary from eating the food, which was Horrible...probably because it was cooked in the horrible water. The food was also recycled: the vegetables from the hot table were fixed up and served as a cold "salad" the next day. The dishes were chipped and broken........there is just no level of sanitation here.

I am a seasoned traveler: 65 years old and having visited 26 countries, many more than once and I can say unequivocally that this is the worst place I have ever stayed. The only thing worse is the travel agency, Pegas Tours, which sent me there. Thtey assured me this was a wonderful hotel...probably knowing better. Regretfully, they are a Russian company which means it have no legal rights. However, I will be writing to the Egyptian Tourist bureau...and on every travel site I can find. If they give you a room for free ... don't take it.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
15  Thank yackshina
Reviewed November 18, 2010

We had a great time at Hor Palace Hotel in Hurghada. The food was really good in the hotel and in the Hor Palace Restaurant, especially the lamb and the king prawns and the cocktails!! And you should try the Egyptian Champagne!! The staff were lovely - really professional and friendly and couldn't do enough to look after us. I think the service was of very high standard in this hotel.
The hotel is set right on the seafront with it own lovely beach and crystal clear waters that were so warm. There was a very professionally organised massage centre in the hotel grounds and I had a really relaxing massage from lovely woman called Sherwood - I would highly recommend their massages - Thank you Sherwood!! There was also an aqua centre on the beach selling diving, and snorelling trips out to sea or you can try windsurfing. The weather while we were there was fantastic - you couldn't fault it. The whole location is beautiful, with lakes and nice walkways, and it was nice and quiet, even though the hotel was fully booked - there was no loud animation by the pool, making a racket as you get in some places, so we could really chill out. The hotel complex was right in the heart of the promenade and was surrounded by lots of great bars, cafes and bazaars, and you can sit in the hotel restaurant facing the promenade and just watch the world go by. We will definitenly return to this hotel the next time we're in Hurghada, and can't wait to return to the disco which was loads of fun :0)

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple