“Loved it”

Ranked #92 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Bishop Auckland, United Kingdom
“Loved it”
Reviewed February 5, 2011

Loved the hotel. The rooms were clean and pleasent. Cannot fault the food, there was plenty of choice with the different restaurants. The staff were friendly but a little annoying when you were trying to eat. I would have no hesitation to recomend this hotel to any of my friends

• Stayed November 2010
4 Thank john121165

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Rzeszow, Poland
Reviewed January 29, 2011

We were at this hotel in May / June, pens negligible storm and landing in Cairo and the lack of assistance from the oasis only to a small office VACO bis was staying was extra, the hotel itself consists of three buildings on the beach 4, super food, beverages and packaging , Polish, and the waiters know you can get great smaiło communicate with them, especially if they can work 14 hours a day is a dollar tip causes that do not have to fly after the drinks, and we have reserved tables at all times a full glass of August because the waiters know so recommend us to others and the whole stay turns into a pleasure without standing in line for drinks and get the wine from the bottle and not from the carton and beer with a gold tip and not the standard, the best drinks are always at the bar opposite the reception. waterslides disappointed us, but swimming pools, beach and pizza at the sea is a great thing, the stores can be a bargain, I recommend to scratch from the store with the words lidl, Christian and śweitny guy speaks Polish, and especially as the evening write to a pipe in the shop, small rooms with loud climate but still go back there at night and mostly in a good mood so it makes no sense to worry about them at the disposal of a few restaurants so easy to find something for yourself, I recommend the Italian and Chinese, you have to save but how is your waiter, it goes without a record and there until we uszte to the palate and swietne wino.z tour bought from Arabs Giftun Island is a great diving on the reef, przejzadzka quads in the desert but, God forbid, a jeep ride to the village of Bedouin kórej we have a few huts and baked a cake, a waste of time for something like that. the only drawback is lawn watering water, sewer odor, but this is africa and a liter of water costs as much as 3 liters of gasoline, if someone goes there to the lazy, drink, laugh to turn a blind eye operation and the shortcomings of this hotel is the most worthy of command, in my experience that if the hotel throughout the year there are more Italians, Russian (rude and vulgar wsioki), German or French cuisine that is subordinate to these hotels at them, as well as support, they only know the language and not count that will handle the same poles as the Germans or the Italians (the issue of tips), so you should choose the hotels where the majority of Poles, and then we have scrambled eggs for breakfast and quietly speaks to the waiter and tour operators. So as I read the reviews presumptuous Polaczków who went to the hotel, 5 *, and not giving tips May grievances that staff is looking at them as poor wsioki their opinions can be omitted because it falls between August crows etc but unfortunately nelezy foreign language, give bigger tips as germany and eat dishes from their kitchen and did not complain because we have chosen such a trip . This hotel is certainly not to those Poles and there are well treated and there is no question there, to feel like someone worse. I visited several hotels in Egypt and stay in this hotel was najlpeszych holiday we had.

1 Thank szczepan-1
London
Reviewed December 5, 2010

My husband & I stayed at the Aqua Blu for 1 week at the end of November. We enjoyed our stay & had wonderful weather, the guest are 50/50 european & russian, staff are freindly & helpful with the exception of recption staff when you need something, We have stayed at a few hotels in Sharm on previous years & this was better than some, but there are a few points that need attention. The rooms were dated & the bed lining & blankets are stained & old, this also applies to the beach towels. The other annoying thing was the shortage of glasses & ice at the bar & resturants. This is good hotel for familys with children or for groups travelling together, not so great for couples or singles as lack of evening entertainment.

1 Thank TracieLondon
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 24, 2010

After much searching and deliberation I chose Aqu Blu for my first trip to Egypt. I travelled with my 6 year old Daughter only from London. we spent the October half term there. The Hotel in my opinion was fantastic. Excellent service, wonderful and friendly staff. We asked to change rooms and this was done the next day. No problem with the room just wanted one wtih a better pool view. The rooms and general cleanliness of the hotel and other facilities was excellent. The staff work really hard and worked long shifts. I would in particlular commend Ahmed Marwan on Reception, Haitham, Heba, and Mona at Horas Spa and all the staff in the main restaurant. The name of the Lady who helped with seating in the Restaurant escapes me. I would like to thank her for all her help and assistance, especially as I travelled without an adult companion.The Paradise Programme that Horas Spa offer is worth every penny. The facilites I found were better in their Spa in Aqua Vista Hotel. You can use the facilities of both Hotels as they are adjacent. My Daughter and I were independant Travellers. Please note that after making several enquiries there appeared to be no English Tour Representative in any of the nearby Pickalbatross Hotels that I could organise any excursions with. The Hotels predominately cater mainly for Germans and Russians in terms of the language interpretation, excursions, and the animation team. In the end we had to book a taxi service to take us to Cairo and Luxor. Also my Daughter went to the Kid's Club on site only once as none of the Children spoke English and you could only send them there for a morning or afternoon session. There was lots to occupy us so this wasn't a problem. Please also note that the Aqua Blu as I understand most of the Hotels do in the area, offer a laundry service; there is no iron or ironing board available. The food was varied and mostly hot, though tended to get cold if you went to the food stations inside and outside the restaurant to complete your meal. All said and done, we both had a fabulous time. We als went with Sky Aqua Center on a snorkling trip, going to 4 different Islands. I recommend Mohammed Dahab. We also bookd a Badawya Safari trip with Steven. Also well worth doing. I look forward to going to Hurghad again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank caribbeantwist
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed November 13, 2010

Stayed 2 nights in hotel..it's ok to enjoy the hot November sun...best of all is the show arena in the evening and afterwards the small disco on top of a building

pools too small to swim
10min to beach a walk away across the main road to beach albatros

rooms ok good night rest; bathroom had no window

main guests seemed to be from russia >50%

1 Thank bumsii
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed October 11, 2010

Stayed at this hotel for 1 week and it was great. We had an Allinclusive pass wich was very nice. Rooms and staff where great. In order to get to the beach you have to do a short walk, not very far. But you have to cross a trafficated road. The food was not very good, espesially the Buffet. But you dont go to Egypt for the food anyway :) If you just want to relax, have some tan and have a couple of drinks. This is the place for you. There is a Nice Spa there, we can recommend, but remember to negotiate the prices. We will go back next year for sure.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank travelerstar
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2010

we stayed at the aqua blu resort for 11 nights, fully inclusive, 10am - 12pm daily, anything after that time was chargeable. firstly, I would like to say that I nearly cancelled this holiday because of bad reviews that I had seen on trip advisor. and secondly, I am so so glad that I didn't cancel because of those reviews.
we are a couple in our 30's with 2 teens, 17yrs and 18yrs. all of us enjoyed the holiday.
yes it is seen fitting to tip, but when you consider some of the staff in the resort and much of the surrounding areas, work for as little as £80.00 (GBP) per month, working as much as 18hr shifts, 7 days per week, then a £1 - £2 tip is not a lot of money to us.
if you tip the cleaner, he will leave you extra water bottles and may even do you a swan or crocodile towel arrangement on your bed. the rooms were clean and spacious. the grounds are constantly cleaned and maintained. the restaurants are very clean and there are 3 main ones to eat at, although we found cave du roi the best in general. the drinks do come in little glasses but if where any bigger would be hot before you drank it. the food could be repetitive but there is always a choice so unless you are supper fussy you should find it no problem. the only bad thing we found about the resort in general is the rude people who visit there, I will not generalise on the nationality but I am more that sure you will be able to guess who the worst culprits were from reading other reviews.
in all we had a great time, quad biking booked with Marco, Hi Marco :) the massages booked with Tariq, Hi Tariq :) (who gave me a couple of foot massages around the pool) and not forgetting Mayo (who doesnt like being called mayonaise) lol, he does the water trips, and the amazing bar staff, Hi Ramy! :). the friendliness of the staff blew us away and made our stay even more comfortable and amazing. oh and one last thing, the pray call didn't bother us at all, if anything it was an experience to hear their pray call in their home land.
there is something for everyone, however if you are looking for a mad one its probably not for you. and if you find complaint then you should consider if it is you who is to fussy and hard to please. so I would defiantly recommend this hotel to friends and family with or without children, and plan to go back next year, this time with all the clan.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family