“Aqua Blu - You will enjoy it”
Review of Sea World

Sea World
Ranked #95 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed June 29, 2009

My friend and I stayed at the Aqua Blu last week and had a great time. We had a twin room which was clean, modern and spacious. There was a problem with the shower when we arrived but that was rectified very swiftly after a call to housekeeping. In fact, any problems we had were dealt with swiftly by either reception or housekeeping. The food at the hotel was fine, just what you would expect from an All Inclusive Hotel, pasta, meat, salad and vegetables. It is not gourmet food but quite edible. The food hygiene standards seemed better than when I was in Sharm as I didn't get ill at all on this trip. In Sharm we all came down with a touch of Dehli belly. The other good thing about this hotel was that bottles of water were available whenever you wanted it – no need to queue up at a bar – just go to one of the many massive fridges that just had water in them. The only drawbacks to the room was that there was no safe. But, there is a safe deposit box in reception that you can use for about GBP10.

The entertainment on-site was good, there was a guy singing lots of Eurotrash numbers at the Albatross beach bar from say 9:00 to 11:30. You could then go to the Bridge Disco (at the front of the hotel) until 2 or 3 in the morning. Or, if you wanted to go offsite, the Hard Rock Café in New Town is a good night out.

The beach is a 5-10 minute walk away. The part where the Aqua Blu guests can go is o.k., but not the best part of the beach. There is a lovely breeze though and if you are into Kite Surfing you can get lessons on the beach.

One other thing I would mention though, make sure you agree a price with the taxi drivers before you get in and make sure you give them clear instructions on where you want to go. We asked for the Hard Rock Cafe and ended up at his mates shop. The hard Rock Cafe is based in New Town and should cost about 40 Egyptian pounds, and about 60 after midnight. I would recommend using the Taxi Service at the hotel (desk by the front of the hotel) to take you where you want to go. You can pay up front and arrange to be collected at the end of the evening.

All in all I would say this is a really good hotel. We didn't feel under pressure to leave tips but we did leave them when deserved.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank EmmaColchester

Reviewed June 17, 2009

This was our second trip to Egypt, first was to Sharm which was last year in March 08. Firstly Egypt was discovered as a mass holiday destination by Russia and the Eastern Europeans well before the British started going, so you would expect lots of them there on holiday, do we not live in a multicultural society in the UK anyways! Sharm is the same lots of Russians and Eastern Europeans so this hotel is not unique. The hotel was to be fair sptlessly clean and the bedrooms were new, modern and cleaned everyday, first time I have had a shower unit that was spotelssly clean in an overseas holiday resort hotel. The staff were very friendly and like the English as we are the minority there and the Russians can tend to be arrogant towards the staff at times but that is just them isn't it, same as people from Germany. It was great to have a choice of 4 hotels in the complex, although you could only eat at 3 of them, but you could drink and use the facilities at all 4. This allowed use of 14 swimming pools and the beach at the albatross beach, where you were met by an Egyptian employee who always found you a sun bed on the beach with shade, defo a neccesity in the heat as it was over 40 degrees each day for the week we were there. You can feel free to tip them a few pounds LE (few pence in UK money) but not a necessity and you do not get a scowl if you do not tip just the same friendly service, we tipped a few times in the week but not every day. One thing I would say DO NOT go to Sakala downtown unless you like being hassled consistently and it is also smelly and full of beggars and skinny cats running everywhere etc. It was not a nice experience, if you do want to get out of the hotel for a few hours, try going in a cab from the front street, ask for Hard Rock Cafe, they will take you there for about £3 equivalent each way and the meals are excellent and cheap (recommend the rib eye steak approx £7) and there are also a few shops in the vicinity for you to look around and although you are hassled it is less so than in Sakala. I would definately go back to this hotel again, for £300 each all inclusive we had a great value for money holiday, although I did prefer Sharm, if only for the snorkelling experience as there are not many fish and coral reefs in Hughada area. Sharm is also better security wise therefore you feel safer, but also Sharm is much more expensive to get to, so you have to weigh up these facts. The food in the hotel was good, neither my partner or I did not have any upset stomachs or anything, not like when we went to Sharm last year, where it took us almost a week to recover when we returned home, although nothing too bad. The hotel on the beach had fresh pasta and fresh pizza every day for lunch, on an evening the Aqua Blu had fresh salads, rice, pasta, chicken, beef, fish, potatoes, chips and vegetables done all ways etc so always plenty for everyone. We always avoid the made up salads and cut out own fresh, as this allows you to avoid any risk of bad stomach etc, just a peice of advice. Not sure what the breakfasts were like as we never got up early enough. Bottled water is a necessity and there are fridges full of the stuff in the pool bar area where you can go and get as much as you like and there is also a fridge in the room to keep stocked up for through the night as it is always extremely hot even with the air conditioning. We did not drink much, as it was too hot, but can recommend the red wine and the beer is not too bad. Entertainment is also on each night, cannot really comment as we did not partake as we prefer just to sit around and relax, but from a distance it sounded pretty good, it is mostly in the ampi theatre, but there was one good night where dancing in the pool etc which the music was good etc. There is also a disco downstairs at the front of the hotel, never went but as our room was above it the musci sounded good enough, alsthough we were above it never bothered us too much through the night. All in all a great holiday and for the same money I would go back again but only for a week as it is too hot to stand 2 weeks and we always like to go somehwere else for our second holiday annually. We went with You travel and the service was second to none, good pick up and transit through airport etc. Not sure about the rep at the hotel though as we never had reason to see them and never went to welcome meeting, although I did see one UK couple having an argument with him over something one morning! Tips - do not go to Sakala, do not drink too much as it is too hot (we do normally like a drink), use the beach as it is cooler and there is a breeze and the sea is more refreshing than the pool, tip occaionally, enjoy!!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Corbetts23
Reviewed June 5, 2009

it looks nice in the pics but im sorry they must of done a bit of air-brushing.
went there in may 2 weeks of fun !!!!1
Mate and i had booked and paid for a room each . did not happen
sat Tv for having a laugh... bbc news 24 if your greman, polish or arabic then you might be ok
rooms, smelt shabby, but clanish beds and stuff done each day helpfull staff that do the rooms..
pools sort of ok but wuld not be allowed in the uk very poor plastic cleanish, saw the water in the pool a few times with a yard brush sweeping up the sides of the pool !
the water slides when open are at least a bit of fun well the walk up to the top is you will slide up and down the stairs quicker that you get down the slides, if the water in them that helps the friction burns is still running !
the tennis courts are crap no point playing on them in the day its far to hot, but at night if you have night vison specs then you will be ok, if you can find ayone to get the key to open the courts .....
mini goilf well dont even bother starting me on that one... lets just Dont bother
they had darts..... and a dart board.. only 2 darts though. a minor problem but to be fair to the resort they do rather cater to the less savoury side of the European civilisation who like to go tooled up when there is food on offer any time of the day!
Dont hahe a massage they say that they have medical massages well take it form they have no idea what they are doing. I went to have one as my shoulder was giving me some problems all I got was a kid saying that the shoulder is bad I knew that but to be charged £40 for the pleasure was a to much like highway robbery in between being asked all the time if I ha any money on me 9like id have money on me when im having a massage.
the food well well well don't know were to start stick to the vegetable soup, the rest is so bad I aint no gastronome but and id eat anything but not there ,,,,, it might smell ok but its not worth the risk I ate stuff other than the soup twice and I had the squirts big time. as well as a need to vomit and seek medical advice (from a Dr in England)
the bars well they shut at around 10 ,11, or whatever time the bar staff have a row with whoever as got on thee nerves on that day ,they are a bit cheeky if your British or English they make the same stupid remarks all the time never give it up and it gets so boring and then annoying, the drinks all taster the same. Crap beer is shocking vodka, gin whisky god knows how its made but I think that it all comes form the same nail polish remover factor. you need to get all your beers and sprits in paper cups as they don’t wash the glasses properly i.e. in a sink no soap and dried with a an old rag
that in mind it was not cheap either
the trips well don’t eat on a boat trip please………..
there is nothing to see or do out of the complex or for that matter nothing to do in the complex in the day or night you cant just chill out by the pool as there is so many Russian Germans and French people who cant talk but have to shout everything and most of them have kids and they are worse… rude is a word they have no concept of .. its good fun to watch them push into people in their way if they think they are missing out on something..
Brits get a bad press on holiday but give me them anytime over the above never meet such vile people in my live never been so close to losing my head and knocking the brains out of so many people in such little time
this should be a 2 star complex in anyone's book .
don’t go I urge you (unless of course you’re an MP as you will get the same value for money as we the British tax payer gets from you lot) Nada
David Lancashire

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank righthand
Reviewed June 4, 2009

From the moment we arrived at the Aua Blu we knew that we had made a mistake in booking this hotel, we are a family of 4 and was given a grotty room with 2 single beds and a put up camp bed, we immediatley went straight back to reception to ask for another room as this was by far innadequate but was told we would have to stay in it and to come back tomorrow to see if there were any other rooms available. We returned the next day and was given another room with a King size bed,a single and believe it or not a "Sun Bed" from the side of the pool. My children ended up sharing the King size bed with me and my husband was on the sun bed as the single bed was not fit for a dog,if you laid on it you got bites.
The rooms are nothing like the pictures you see they are very basic and simply not clean.
I don't know where to start with the food it was just awful and after one day both my husband and i had food poisioning and as i write this i am off work with the same symptoms. Lots of other people also had food poisioning but having witnessed a chef touching raw meat in his hands and then went straight to make pizza dough i'm not at all surprised.
The water slides are ok but you have to be very careful with the kids because the life guards do not watch to make sure it is all clear before the next one goes down.
My sunglasses went missing after the cleaner had left but the so called manager of the hotel got very unpleasant with me for accusing a staff member of stealing and said that nobody steals in Egypt, one of the suitcases had been opened at the same time but they wouldn't listen.
You are only allowed 1 small bottle of water per person so if you need more you have to buy it,soft drinks are included but they are in the smallest glass you have ever seen so be prepared for lots of journey's to the bar.
All in all a terrible hotel,terrible holiday and a complete waste of money and i only wish i had stayed at work(how bad is that)
The one good thing that came out of this is i am half a stone lighter, so if you need to lose weight then this is the "Perfect Holiday" for you!!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank florida30
Reviewed May 19, 2009

As many of the more recent reviews have stated this resort was not the disaster that previous reviews have made it out to be. On the whole the experience was really positive. The Aqua Blu is part of the Pickalbratos group of which there are a cluster of within the vicinity of Aqua Blu, not really sure how much you are allowed to use the other hotels but we did anyway!! Although i think that you can’t avail of the all inclusive drinks etc in the Albatros beach hotel/Palace hotel ,which are on the other side of the road from Aqua Blu, Albatros Garden and Aqua Vista,(which are side by side).
FOOD- bearing in mind that it’s an all inclusive resort the food could be repetitive but on the whole it wasn’t. it helped that there are other restaurants on the complex that you can visit, just need to book one day in advance. All meals had a selection of hot and cold food, soft drinks, wine and beer.
ROOM- was a good size, with TV , fridge (empty)and good sized bathroom. It is cleaned daily and the staff our very attentive to ensure that it is clean and comfortable. There are only a few power sockets.
COMMUNAL AREAS- All well serviced and clean, there is always someone clearing or cleaning. There are a number of pools, with bar/snacks near to each. Again you can move between the different hotels. You will be given a card to get a beach towel every day...be careful about leaving them on sunbeds as they could go ‘walkies’ and you will have to pay!! It wasnt so busy that we couldnt get two sunbeds somewhere around the resort. There is crazy golf and a big chess board
ENTERTAINMENT- well it was Butlins but the 'Animation Team' made a real effort to entertain everyone with various things throughout the day, not least mid day aerobics, evening shows and kids activities. The only thing is that the entertainment is prolonged by announcements in about 6 different languages...it got a bit tiring!
TRIPS- Would recommend that you book at least one trip, it gets you off the resort and they are actually good value for money. We went on a desert safari which included quad biking, camel riding and traditional evening entertainment including a cobra show which was impressive!! We also went on a boat/snorkelling trip which lasted about 8 hours..really good! Speaking with other people on the trips the prices varied in terms of what everyone paid for the same trip...my advice is to negotiate the price as low as you think is respectful. We booked with George and Hany at Sky Tours for our trips, which is by the main restaurant for Aqua Blu.

Wherever you are people will try to rip you off, you have to work out what you think is best but don’t be afraid to haggle!! Also the resort seems to run parallel to the flight path into Hurghada airport , not a big issue but worth knowing.

Anyway i recommend that you book this resort and hope that you have as good a time as we did!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2009

It is designed for the mass cheap Eastern European market not recomended for the very minority British. Having booked 5 months prevously via Querty Travel & You Travel, on arrival no room allocated no apology either, told you share with another unknown couple and sleep? first night on prevously used day beds!!! Bad start.!!
Resort is one of three linked ( average 2,000 persons! ) very large but well designed and very clean, but mass canteen food with very rude Russians eating like its last days of available food is not for us. Several resorts have same/similar name so confusing when booking plus none on beach as some photos allege.
Resort is 500ft below incoming aircraft with noise and fuel polution.
The "Annimation" in French is very intrusive, loud, constant and with added "rap musak"
Not a place for a quiet restfull holiday with good food.
Butlins would be better !!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DescerningTraveller
Reviewed April 17, 2009

I have just got bach from this hotel, will be returning mid september. the food was good plenty of choice and lots of it. from pizza to steaks its all there. the staff are fantastic and always on hand they will do everything to make your stay enjoyable. the hotel is very clean infact looks as if we were the first to stay in the rooms we had they were that clean. more like a 5 star than a 4 star hotel, can not wait to return again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family