“Great place!”

MinaMark Beach Resort
Ranked #80 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed December 15, 2012

This is very nice and conveniant hotel in the centre of the town. Shop, discos, restoraunts, everything is very near to the hotel. The service of the Minamark was very kind and helpful every time. The sea-view room was clean and comfortable. The food is very tasty and every day is different. the evening show was a pleasure for us, belly dance, kobra show and etc.. So i spent wonderful time in Minamark))))

1  Thank Jane B

Reviewed December 14, 2012

The best trip in life was in Minamark. I enjoyed the pleasure of the sea and the Fish restaurant on the beach. It was all time so funny to dance and to chat with the animition team!!! I want to thank the cookers of the restaurant because the food was magnificent and different every day!!!!! The place of Minamark is in the center of Hurghada, that's why it was very easy to go to discos, shops and cafes anytime.

Room Tip: The room in Resort Area
Reviewed December 7, 2012

In this hotel when came i forget all my thinks,sad what i leave in my country.I spend there realy nice moments.so fantastic place to visit and enjoj.Every day on the beach,play with animation ,and so good massage,people in restaurant so kind and always smile or every body.All staf in this hotel are ok.Room its clean and they always make somethink nice from the tawels.thank u

Room Tip: the best room in reception
Reviewed December 5, 2012

very nice hotel mayby not so big but so comfortable for me and my frends,we like this hotel because there we fill good and save.We enjojed on the beach and we was play every day valleyball and funny game boccia,darts and in the night we go for the show every day different variety show,good food and each day they have so tasty salad,we preffere chinesse or italian dinner.In our room we stay some times to used internet because wii fii is every where.Our room was always clean and staff so so kind and frendly.We came to Mina Mark 2 times in the year because we gill there family atmosphere

Room Tip: the best room front of swimmingpool.
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

We had cold water everyday! Wecomplained got annother room and same problem! Dinner and lunch everyday the same! You have tonpay for entertainment and no drinks with out sparkling bubbles! thus is not all inclusive formula! we are from holland and i will never return to thus hotel

• Stayed: November 2012
5  Thank Chimazi23
Michael F, Owner at MinaMark Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

On Behalf of all Minamark team i apologise that you have not had a pleasant stay. We promise to take all your negative feed back into consideration.

Note: We already fixed the cold water issue in all of our hotel and upgraded the quality of our all inclusive beverage.

Best Regards,
Michael M. Fakhry
Vice President Minamark Beach Resort

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Firstly this is not a 4 star hotel. By UK standards this is probably 2 star at best. There is a TV with plenty of foreign language channels and an effective air conditioner in your room but the overall standard of the rooms is low. We changed rooms on the second day as although we had booked a double we were given a twin. We were changed to a better room but the bed was rock hard and the mattress was thin & stained. Sleep was a bit of an issue as there is a fun fair next door which goes on until quite late. Food was actually not bad although the breakfast was the worst meal of the day. This hotel is used predominantly by Russians and they seemed to cater for Russian taste at breakfast. My girlfriend is coeliac so has to be careful what she eats. The head chef came out on more than one occasion to advise specifically what would be safe to eat, although when he was not around it was not easy to communicate with the other kitchen staff. The overall standard of the other meals was good though and you can eat as much as you like.There is a small beach area & jetty which is for the residents although actually reaching it was almost impossible on the first day. We were literally bombarded by people on the beach trying to sell us pedicures, manicures, massage, tattoos, diving, snorkelling and just about anything else you can think of. The sell is very hard and they will not listen to a simple 'no thank you'. As if that wasn't bad enough you cannot eat a meal or get a drink from the bar without a member of staff trying to sell you tickets for the Sunday beach party. It's extremely 'in your face' and resulted in me falling out with several members of staff on day two who simply would not leave myself and my girlfriend alone. I do not think this should be allowed when you have spent several hundred pounds to try to get away from it all & relax. Do not expect to get you room cleaned in this hotel! On one occasion someone had been in and made up the bed and folded the towels but that was it. For the rest of the stay any cleaning was done by ourselves. I could have complained but by this time I was so sick of the staff & locals I really didn't want to give them the satisfaction of knowing I was annoyed! It's probably also worth pointing out that the beach area itself is not that clean and as far as I can see is one giant ash tray for most of the residents. I should also comment on the state of the local area as well as this is what you'll see if you decide to stay in this hotel. This part of Hurghada is extremely run down & there are other areas you could go to where the environment is a lot nicer. There are hordes of Egyptian shopkeepers stood every 3-4 ft and they will try to literally drag you into their shops. If you don't buy something they get quite unpleasant and on two occasions they were racially offensive to my Polish girlfriend when she said she didn't want to buy a particular item. The men in general will be offensive and make lewd comments about your wives/girlfriends as you walk past-something I found impossible to ignore which resulted in more than a few unpleasantries being exchanged. There is a very nice Marina close by with some decent bars and restaurants, however even here things went downhill as this is one of the places my girlfriend was racially abused by a shopkeeper. When we left the hotel staff offered to book us a taxi to the airport. They advised us not to pay more than $10 (US) and told us the price had been agreed with the driver in advance, however on arrival at the airport he tried to tell us he'd been promised $50!!! Needless to say he didn't get it but it sort of captures everything that you need to know about Egypt. I will never ever visit this country again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 14John14
Reviewed November 10, 2012

so fantastic place to visit and relax.I will always came to Mina Mark because i like when the people are nice and so frendly u never want came back to home.Nice room,spa,beach and also food.i was really happy.

Room Tip: Good room always front of swimmingpool
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends