Still eat the same awful noise .. .. nice and close to the beach and very nice staff....
- Free Parking
we stayed here in september 2009, very nice swimming pool, the rooms are ok, but the food (all inclusive)-horrible, same food selection day after day, we were excited to find a Pizza HUT.
Almoust no beach, you hardly can call that a beach, i recomend another hotel at least 5* with a real beach.
All together it was a good trip , saved by everyday trips to scuba in the red sea (awesome sea and water life).
BEST PLACE FOR SCUBA OR DIVING
Terrible service, aweful food that some of the foreigner tourists call what they get as (pharoanic curse) because of the food that can cause GIT diseases, the workers are rude, the bar is very limited and the animation team -oh my god- i don't wana remember those aweful shows...
And i have been to hurghada since my birth, i have been there like every summer in many hotels...but that was the worst , i even can't imagine how did they got those 4 STARS
First of all, they give us very bad room at first sight!After a small tip they changed with one a little bit different.The sheets very bad , the bathroom horrible.Shall i continue? It was the New Year holliday!The Red Sea is gorgeous!But this is all.
On 26th August 2008 I purchased a package holiday, for the amount of £1.336.46p staying at an alleged 4 starThe Sultan Beach Hotel Hurghada Egypt which did not achieve the value or quality agreed as pre purchase agreement.
We were totally appalled and displeased when we were confronted with what we considered to be a basic two star accommodation, because of the health and safety aspects, cleanliness Old and well worn bed linen, insufficient furniture and décor.
We immediately reported this to reception, and told there were no vacant rooms, that the hotel was full because of “The peak season” we enquired about a safety box, and was told, none were available, consequently we had to constantly check our room and wedge a chair against door while we were sleeping.
As a result we did not unpack our cases for three days, we both became ill, suffering diarrhea and stomach cramps and also suffered spells of vomiting, whilst persevering with this predicament, and fortunately we brought medication with us.
My wife and I went onto the complex to ask someone to witness the trouble we were experiencing, but discovered all residence were either Russian or Polish nationality and we were the only English people in the hotel.
Despite our complaining to reception on numerous occasions the staff was off-putting, unreasonable and unhelpful, ignoring other complaints.
• Main entrance door to room had been forced, door furniture not correctly fitted (lock exposed) No safety lock or safety chain?
• Live wires not insulated or isolated correctly.
• One wardrobe with one shelf, a small dressing-table with one draw, and a small bed-side cabinet with one draw, in which to store our clothing etc:
• Air-conditioning unit partly obstructed because of wardrobe position.
• No access to Fuse box because of wardrobe positioning.
• No safety box< because they had no keys?
• The washroom was filthy, hot and cold water pipe in washroom diverted under corrugated tin ceiling, live wires in washroom not insulated or isolated correctly, and faulty toilet seat.
• The washroom and showering ceiling was what could only be describe as corrugated tin, not placed in position, the shower cubical curtain was inadequate and did not contain the water therefore flooding into washroom, as a result of this the washroom door was rotting and black with mould.
The next day we attended the welcoming meeting and there was just my wife and myself, we spoke a representative Sheriff, and asked for him to either upgrade us to another room or hotel , literately forcing him to inspect our accommodation, after doing so he agreed with all our complaints and admitted he personally would not have this room, we returned to the reception with the representative and after he confronted the staff, he then relayed to us that the hotel was full, albeit every room is the same, he would try for an upgrade, but another hotel would cost £160.00 each, which did not happen, and we were left vulnerable.
Things did not get any better, we saw the odyssey representative Sherif for the second time and made additions to our complaints but to no avail, his only interest was for us to take a trip to Mahmya beach for the price of £40.00p each.
Further complaints as follows:-
• Water hose permanently across footpaths and Sewage smells;
• Water in the pool dirty, never cleaned?
• Tiling around the pool raised and dangerous.
• Grid access to pool permanently wedge open, no safety information for sunbathers.
• Shallow slope tiled access to pool dangerous, gradient to steep?
• Astroturf area around part of the pool dirty and wet subsequently seeping water and soiling the pool.
• Sun beds and mattresses damaged and dirty, most need replacing.
• Mattresses for disco seating area, stored behind toilets on the floor amongst discarded debris.
• Beach (wharf) small unkempt, also used for mooring glass bottomed boat and speed-boats, no segregation in swimming area, also used by windsurfers, small Jet Ski’s and paddle boats,building breeze-block and other debris in swimming area.
• Guests were told to vacate the beach area at 16.30hrs daily and pool area 1730hrs.
• Pool and pool bar closed at 1700hrs.
• All inclusive amenities not available after 2200hrs.
• One small glass of beer and a small dry martini and soda £4.99p English, 12% service charge plus 10% sales tax.
• No dress code, reported diners in wet swimming costumes.
• Evening meal diners allowed wearing shorts and vests.
• Reported to hotel staff regarding seating wet and dirty.
• Food cold overcooked/undercooked bland and very little variety, certain food rationed and small portions
• Rarely any hot water for tea.
• No tongs to pick-up bread rolls.
• Although there were two bars in Restaurant area, one bar closed at 2030hrs
• No suitable wine glasses at main meal.
• Insufficient number of condiments.
• No access to drinking water 24/7 considering environment, unless you pay?
• Continually locking, mini-bar fridge in room.
• Not allowed to fill drinking water bottle, unless you pay, but acceptable for staff to do this?
I will not recommend this hotel because i am 100 % sure that there are better hotels with better level of services. When we arrived, we were waiting for our rooms almost 4 hours and when they give it to us, it was small room, but we were more shocked when we opened balcony and from the street get disgusting smell and bath room was in bad condition. We tried immediately exchange it for a better one but they asked for an extra pay of 10 usd per night! Then we try to open their local website to review rooms but there was no connection. Any way we said that we don't remember this room on website and then they give us a normal one. And sure there wasn't. They change it for a good one. Thanks for it.
Also we don't recommend that hotel for a couples who prefer a good animation team, because I think that they just start study it :)
And also, pool wasn't so clean as wanted.
But we would like to give for that Hotel 5 points for food and for nice gardens! It was excellent!