“Pigsty Resort”

Ranked #99 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Holland, Michigan
“Pigsty Resort”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Just got back from this SHOCKING PIGSTY OF AN ATTEMPT OF A HOTEL. Food is disgusting. The room was a hut in the garden, with noise all day and night from workman and Russians shouting. The DINING AREA was thilthy we even saw a waiter brush the food on to the floor to clear a table. Can’t even get a coffee after breakfast they told us to go down the road. WE WERE ILL FOR 4 DAYS. Every local said it’s the worst hotel in Hurghada .we went all inclusive but ended up going out paying for food. STAY AWAY FROM THIS UNCLEAN DIVE CHEAP IS NOT ALLWAYS CHEERFUL, BELIEVE ME.
Traveler 111,

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed November 17, 2011

This is the first time that I have felt that I must provide feedback on a holiday experience, or what I would refer to as a "Holiday from Hell". I recently visited the triton empire Beach Resort in Hurgarda, being rated three stars I thought that it should be of reasonably high quality, based in experience on seven visits to Egypt in similar rated hotels, how far wrong could I have been! When I booked.
Room with no outlook whatsoever and what I would describe more as a prison cell, the cleanliness was very poor. The room had toooo small TV with very poor quality channels, therefore might as well had not had any TV for the viewing quality was more like a snowstorm.
There were two restaurants included in the package, however I’m not sure if they can be described as restaurants, the food quality was so bad I would not feed it to my dog; the variety was no better either with the same selection day in day out.
The hotel is described as a beach resort, well the beach is manmade, definitely not the usual standard of any Egyptian hotel.
I would NEVER EVER return to this hotel and would not wish it on anyone.

1 Thank GREENLAND B
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed November 16, 2011

I stayed with my family in this awful place. In a very old dirty small room and it should have been renovated long time ago., In the pool area you should have gone at 6.30 am to reserve the sun beds, because after all the sun beds were reserved with towels (again dirty ones) Dirty towels, most of the time If you manage to get one sun bed it was terrible to be there because all the time someone came to offer their services, massage, scuba diving, excursions, etc....
The food was very poor , no taste, the same food every day, five out of six family members had stomach flu and one quite severely horrible Russians around reserving all tables and food before you had a chance to get some food. The staff in the restaurant did not understand any English or even the word “salt once we ordered a wakeup call from the reception, we never got that wake up call. I would give maximum 1 star to this night mare hotel. NEVER EVER AGAIN!!

1 Thank janne g
Ukraine
Reviewed October 22, 2011

I came back 1 week ago from Hurghada and I had a very nice time in this hotel. I checked in very easily.My baggage was brought to my room immediately.
The room was good with AC, balcony and etc. with a view on swimming pools.
The restaurant is ok .
The staff are very friendly and the service was polite and nice.
The pools was cleaned every night.
Beach area is not big but clean as well.
Very interested for me was animation program. Good work guys, Thanks..

I enjoyed my stay in this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Olga M
poland
Reviewed October 20, 2011

The staff is extremely lazy and wouldn't help. Every time you ask for something you end up shouting to get them to do their job. The staff has no respect at all for the tourists!
Food isn't good and if you want something eatable, you have to go at the opening and be organized with your friends/family otherwise you'll miss all the non-discussing food.
Drinks always cut with water (even beer!). Everything is served in dirty plastic.
The swimming pool water isn't clean and always no place.
The first check-in took two hours the staff wouldn't explain why. They send us to old ugly and dirty room; we complained they said they are fully booked. Finally we got tired of complaining and shouting. We really wasted a lot of time with the staff.
I'm thinking those people actually liked driving us crazy. All night there is a "noisy” in the hotel that will make it impossible to sleep. Because not only the music is very loud over and over!
I was really disappointed by the way the staff treated us. Everyone else we met in Hurghada was very kind but there was really no respect at all with the hotel staff!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
nederlands
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I have stayed at triton empire beach with Family & Friends for a week and we were all really disappointed:

the Rooms look dated and are incredibly dirty. Bathrooms have mould and the Shower is just about working

Service was unbelievably bad. Our whole family was sick and we asked for a second pillow and never received it. Our telephone was broken several times and we had to report it 4 times before anything was done. At one point there was no water in our shower and when we have water the water pressure is very low
Staff is unfriendly and didn't even want to show us the way to our rooms upon arrival. Half way through our holiday they suddenly came up with a weird surcharge for single occupancy for one of the rooms even though we had paid everything.
- Food is bland and of low quality. A lot of the times I had the impression it was precooked the day before and just reheated. Breakfast was always the same with no variation and what I missed most: No Fruit! Apart from the bog standard fruit salad there was no fresh fruit on offer apart from a few Bananas from time to time.
What was also worrying me was the fact that Mousses, Creams and Cakes were always served unrefrigerated. In my mind that is a Salmonella Accident waiting to happen.

Definitely I would not recommend this hotel for anyone

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank worledwidetrave... r
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed October 18, 2011

i visit empire beach with my friend is lovely place , warm welcome in reception.nice staff and friendly. I was here 4 times . guest relation invited us to regular guest meeting with g.m and his team and nice drink .food exultant staff smiling and helpful. good cleaner .clean room.good service. and i will come back aging i miss triton empire beach

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends