All reviewsclub calimerabook boat tripsreviews of this hotelmain restaurantgerman guestsanimation teambeach barcamel ridingbeach holidayside sea viewreception stafftea and coffeerelax poolrooms were cleanedthe beach is nicelarge pooldive centre
Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

Hi there.
So I was in my beloved Egypt again. This time in this hotel.
Located far away from the city centre (Sheraton) as it's 22km away. Very close to El Gouna, only 6 minutes drive.
Hotel is very clean, nice and high standard.
The beach is nice but there are high and low tides and the sea was always away
Restaurants and bars very nice. Food very good and everyone can find something that will suit their expectations.
There's a fast food restaurant open 24 hours on all inclusive basis, very good when you're out of hotel and coning back late or even if you're on trips and back late night or early morning. Very handy that!
Rooms are very clean and nice.
Don't know much about animations as was seating by adults pool. When I was walking around tho, I've heard some animations was going there by the beach.
In the evening they're in theatre.
Staff is very polite and helpful. Majority of guest's were from Germany but majority of the staff do speak English as well.
I was very pleased with this place. Can very easy recommend it to everyone unless you're not the first time and do like to go Sheraton at night, it'll be to far away as it's closer to Dahar and Gouna.
Thanks for reading

Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo
2  Thank Jack K
Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

I have been there with my family for 4 days ( 31/8 till 3/9 )..the food is terrible and horrible..we were 7 rooms and we all had problems in our stomach because of the food...service is so bad...staff don't know anything about hospitality..finally don't ever never go there...

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
3  Thank Reny B
Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

Where to begin? Almost unheard of to return home early, to be fair in part that's Thomas Cooks fault, it was booked through their website as a 4*.

The hotel management couldn't have tried harder to help, but we did have 4 rooms in the 1st 3 days, the last of which we got what we'd ordered, thank you. We were checked on regularly by the Manager, unfortunately Tutankhamen's revenge hit us from day 3:(. Were not complainers and have stayed in some pretty basic accommodation, but.

The facilities and the management at the hotel have the potential for being a great hotel, sadly it didn't work that way for us. The reviews all made this look like a Germanic / Russian hotel, usually of a very high standard. We're very well travelled and used to hotels from 3* upwards and I've been to Egypt around 25 times.

The first few days we appear to have eaten in the wrong restaurants in the hotel. There is apartheid in terms of restaurants. Due to the hotel now being probably 80% Egyptian, we were advised (day3) that we'd been eating in the wrong restaurants. It was pandemonium. Thereafter we ate in the European restaurants including the a la carte restaurants, sadly by this stage Tutankhamen had wrought his revenge. There was a reasonable food choice, if only we'd been well enough to enjoy it. The drinks were cheap local and not what we'd expect, so we both lost 1/2 st and had the driest holiday we've ever had. We were that unwell that we brought back 3/4 of a bottle of Bacardi.

The ladies toilets, wherever you found them in the hotel required rubber boots. There was constant water, urine and faecal matter on the floors. Very hard for the 'male' toilet cleaners to keep them sanitary. The gents were ok to be honest, though I saw far more of them than i would've liked.

The pools are great, however the rules were seldom followed. The rule was Lycra and no outdoor clothing. All Non European women were in the pool fully clothed, the same clothing that was worn in public areas and ..... used in the toilets .... It was impossible for European guests to relax in swimwear or when stared at constantly poolside. This wasn't relaxing in any way shape or form.

Would we return, no, in fact its doubtful if I'd return to Egypt, despite the diving I love.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank diveboy111
Reviewed August 9, 2017

This was my worst experience in a resort in Hurghada for several reasons.
1- First the food is terrible in all the restaurants there.
2- The staff is horrible and unprofessional.
3- they claim and insist the the water they have in water dispensers is mineral water whilst the water smells and has a weird taste to it but when they knew that I can tell the difference they finally admitted that it was filtered tap water and if I want mineral water I can buy it with 12 LE (knowing that my reservation was all-inclusive) but they could not give me normal drinking water.
4- The sea dries off and leaves little patches of water and one has to walk for for some time to reach the sea water on a wooden path which used to be over water but now its over dead sea life and sand...

Room Tip: better not go there
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 6, 2017 via mobile

To be honest I was concerned when I read some of the reviews of this Hotel as they were not all good, however I am pleased to say we were pleasantly suprised. The staff were all very friendly and the manager was always around checking we were having a nice time and dealing with any issues.

There was plenty of pools. A quiet pool for grown ups and active pool for all. The Nile pool was also lovely.

In regards to the food it was always fresh with plenty of choice. We loved the omelettes and pancakes with chocolate for breakfast and there was lots of grilled fish and chicken for lunch and dinner although the kids loved the pasta and chips the best.

Our room was amazing and cleaned daily, very well. My two children are a little messy! We went on a boat trip which was nice. All in all a wonderfull holiday.

We were a little suprised at the lack of English and in fact European guests in general. Lets hope more start to return to this hotel as it is a nice place to stay.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family