“The worst experience during our stay in Egypt”

El Samaka Beach Hotel
Ranked #209 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I am quite happy to read such a bad comments because thought maybe only we had that terrible experience in this hotel.
During our 2 weeks trip to Egypt we stayed in different hotels and all of them were fine except this one, room was not too bad but the athmosphere at the reception as well as in the restaurant something unbeliveable. Food horrible as well.....what they did think? Who a hell gonna eat cooked potato and cabbage for breakfast? not even a simple normal roll or bread and something to put on!!! We ended up having breakfast on the street and dinner at the pizzeria not far away.
Obviously the staffs were able to speak only russian and not other language.
I have written a complain to our tour operator even wanted to changed this hotel at that moment we arrived even we had to stay only 3 nights overall that was definitely the worst experience in our life and if i can give you an advice dont you ever think about to go there, there are so many good hotels in Egypt!

Room Tip: Maybe better rooms are at the back garden close to the sea but around the bungalows the garden was f...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
20  Thank Erika7419

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I "landed" here thanks to Tez Tour as I booked Desert Inn,but when we arrived at Desert Inn the representative said it is closed and that I would stay at El Samaka as in fact "it is the same";it turned out that it was not the same at all !!! I've never seen a more dirty and miserable hotel lobby;but this was not all...when I went to the restaurant for the first meal in the evening ,I got shocked literally....such a dirt,disorder and bad smell I've never seen in my life;there were lots of Egyptians who waisted a lot of food,there was food everywhere,on the chairs,on the floor,it was simply horrible !!! everything was sticking and the staff couldn't keep the pace cleaning up the tables;and the bad smell,just undescribable!!! it is not admitted that any tourist agency should sell this hotel !!! the next day,Mr.Hassan,the representative of Tez Tour came at 12,45 pm and I told him that that if he doesn't moves me immediately from this hotel I shall arrive at home after 14 days either dead or heavily ill;so after numerous phone calls and delays,as he always said to call him again and again,finally the next day,on Monday August 29 th,almost two days after arrival,at 1 pm he told me on the phone to pack my things,take a taxi and go to Jewels La Perla,which is a hotel in the second line,but he didn't tell me that the beach of this hotel is two kilometers far away from the hotel;so I went by taxi to Jewels La Perla and as I was not told about the taxi prices,I paid instead of about 20 LE, some 10 Euros,which means 80 LE,slightly four times more;and this is just the first part of the story,or I think it fits better the name of Odyssey;the second and third part of the review follows at Jewels La Perla Hotel and Sand Beach Hotel Hurghada

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
7  Thank Ulysses336
Reviewed November 14, 2010

just got back from this SHOCKING PIGSTY OF AN ATTEMPT OF A HOTEL..food is discusting..the room was a hut in the garden,with noise all day and night from workman and russians shouting..the DINING AREA was thilthy we even saw a waiter brush the food on to the floor to clear a table.cant even get a coffee after breakfast thay told us to go down the road.WE WERE ILL FOR 4 DAYS.every local said its the worst hotel in hughgarda..we went all inclusive but ended up going out paying for food..STAY AWAY FROM THIS UNCLEAN DIVE CHEAP IS NOT ALLWAYS CHEERFUL,BELIEVE ME..

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank hammooo
Reviewed October 17, 2010

We were lucky as we got a room 50 from the sea. Beautiful sea view. Hotel has also a nice garden with birds that make nice sound.
I like snorkeling and I didn't have to travel far from hotel to do that every time - in few minutes after I left my room I was in the sea to see colorful corals and fish. Better snorkeling of course is deeper in the sea, but you must take a boat for that.
Food was typical for hotels in this area. It was not allowed to bring food and drinks from the street, but after few days the guard recognizes you and it is possible to come to an agreement.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Eisaksrx
Reviewed September 28, 2010

Ok, firstly, we WANTED a cheap and cheerful holiday, and booked with a little less thought that what we should have.
The hotel itself is 2 star at best if comparing to a typical UK hotel, so do not be fooled by 3* rating.
The hotel itself offers very little in the form of entertainment/excursions and what they do have is poor/overpriced.

I am not going to rant and rave about the bad things, as like the titls suggests, "we got what we paid for"
Weather and beach is great. Boat trips are good, Snorkelling is great (not hotel)
Food is dire, hotel staff are useless, we were the only English speaking couple, and the Russian are certainly....lets say "odd"

Would never go back here, and probably not to Egypt to be honest, but i am sure there are fantastic places to go, this is just my opinion!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Dave8479
Reviewed July 5, 2010

As others already explained:
Rooms - very poor, dirty, linens in gray colour, furniture - more than 30 years old;
Bathrooms - average size, but dirty and badly maintained
Restaurant – split in 2 parts one for 4 star hotel El Samaka Comfort and the other for El Samaka beach which is the 3 star hotel. The food is very poor. Not many vegetables and fruits. Main courses were mainly with rise and potatoes. Since my stay there I am not a big fan of rise…. Had to eat rise for a whole week…
Reception – very impolite! We had a booking for a trip to Cairo. The same night the clock was changing. The receptionist didn’t take into account that fact and woke us up 1 hour earlier. As we had to wait more then 1 hour for the bus to come and asked for coffee, but it was refused.
We paid about 400 EUR for a HB week. The Russians were paying half price for All inclusive!!!
Avoid this hotel at all price!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 3May5
Reviewed April 20, 2010

Very nice hotel with good food, beach and swimming pool

Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple