“the best all inclusive on the red sea”

Titanic Beach Spa & Aqua Park
Ranked #120 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Dunstable, United Kingdom
“the best all inclusive on the red sea”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Had fabulous time here. The staff are professional and helpful at all times. The hotel was only about 50% full which wss a bonus for me. Anyway there are plenty if wster activities and the beach is really a part of the hotel. Food is generally good to great steak roll at lunch is awesome.
entertainment is on every evening, its ok. Then there is Hurghada town always worth a visit.
the locals are all friendly, yes they want to make money so haggle for everything, but that Egypt.

Room Tip: Try to get a room not near the water slide
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank brilliantwash

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Lovely holiday for an all inclusive, we did travel in march and it wasn't as hot as you would like but still quite lovely. The Buffet food was great and snacks around the pool were lovely.

The beach is a short stroll or they do lay on a bus

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Celebranests
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We had read 'not so good' reports about this hotel and were concerned about our trip ...... HOWEVER, once we arrived at the hotel I fears disappeared. Our greeting was warm and friendly and the Reception Team were polite and courteous if a little rusty with their English ....!! Our room was a pleasant surprise, with a perfect view of the Pool, Beach and Water Park from our balcony. The furnishings were a little tired but the room was very well air conditioned and spotlessly clean. The Hotel Gardeners worked tirelessly to keep the grounds looking immaculate and the Pool Team were extremely friendly and made us feel very much at home. We never had to struggle to find a sun bed as the pool area is immense with plenty of shaded ares to find shelter from the glorious Egyptian sun if you needed to. The pool was perfect for children with certain areas only being knee deep. The best for us was the Hotels private jetty that took you out to a perfect coral reef where we went snorkelling every day ....just the best ..!! The food was plentiful and very well presented but did not really cater for the 'English' palette ....!!. On our departure the General Manager (Mr Yousry Ali .... A very friendly and cheerful man) took time out to ask us about our stay.......... We will definitely be returning to this fantastic resort ... plenty to do ... lie around in the sun by the massive pool, mess about like a kid in the hotels own Water Park or best of all snorkel off the jetty to see all the beautiful fish. .... Overall 10 out of 10 Titanic but just need to work on the food a little...!!

Room Tip: If asked take a ground floor or second floor room. The first floor rooms a great but the balcony is...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank byrt24
Isleworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2013

This hotel was fantastic ! for the facilities water slides for older children really fun lots of screams with delight ,lots of Russian and Germans not a problem if they could learn to cue and share the rings on slides really push u to the edge my advise would be please allow ur children to hang on to there rings or mates as our children tried to share but never got them back and as for staff helping forget it I asked for help and he allowed them to carry on. The night entertainment ok for the kids but that's was fine with us ,The beach grate for young ones as shallow as can be so wonderful very happy windsailing,, kites, abseiling, weather great snacks on the beach stick to chips .The evening food was our problem I can honestly say the adults in my family not fussy at all iron stomach we thought, ok we expected something we could... eat thank God for bread ,chips and cheese which I asked for the cheese every night ,We went for nine days and the sickness' started on day 6 one by one we got ill by trying to eat a bit of this or that Thank goodness the children stuck to chips and where all fine ,I have been home now for what 3 days and still ill sickness cramps and the runny pooh my brother step mother also still suffering and yes we have all been to Egypt before and never had this for this length of time had a 24 hour in the past been doctors I asked if it was ok for me to see my new grandchild who was born on the Tuesday last and was told not to until its all gone so take on board guys .The facilities fantastic food your need HELP !!! I am wondering if they have had a change of stuff as befor we went the reviews said food ok we are typical of average person spag bol, roast, curry, mac Donald's, liver bacon,. fish chip, and as for me I love vegetables and Salad if you think can not go wrong with a salad lol u can I have now seen it .

Room Tip: not by the Disco or ur get the boom boom boom all-night that's advise we took and it worked as i...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank susan94_12
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 24, 2013

2nd time at this hotel, very clean rooms,pools and gardens. staff are fantastic and cant help you enough, nothing is too much trouble for them. food is not the best, but there is always plenty of choice, and i could always find something to eat. free drinks in your fridge everyday, as it was our second visit,we also recieved a bottle of wine and fruit hamper in our room. they have speciality resturants which you can visit a few times as part of your all inclusive. great for all types of people, something for every one.

Room Tip: when booking as for apartments on sunnyside, one side more sunny than others
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Ellen S
Millom, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at titanic beach spa and aqua park from 27/09 - 11/10 and had a great holiday.

Our room was lovely and very clean, with beautiful towel statues every day made by our cleaner. We also got left 2 bottles of water and a big bottle of soft drink (fanta/cola/sprite) in our fridge every day. Only problem we had with our room was there was only 2 sockets in the room and none of them were near the mirror (Not good for us women who need to dry/straighten our hair!) Other than that, the room was perfect.

The pool area was really nice and all the pools were kept really clean. The swim up bar was fab, cooling off in the pool with a nice cold beer :-) The staff at the pool bar were brilliant and would bring your drinks over to you as soon as they seen your cup was empty, which was really nice. The one problem was that the plastic cups were nearly always dirty, I complained about this quite a few times which never seemed to made a difference. One time I even had cigarette ash in the bottom of my drink...

The lobby bar is not nice. For some reason there was always a really awful smell coming from behind the bar and again the glasses were never clean. My boyfriend got a beer from there one day and it smelled disgusting, he told the barman and he got him another which was the same, we were then put off and said it doesn't matter, as we walked away I watched the barman quickly rinse the glasses under the tap and then put them back out to be used again!! We never used the lobby bar again.

Most nights we would sit outside at the shisha bar which is lovely. The glasses are always clean and the beer is much better from there! The staff were always polite and very helpful, especially Omar, who would bring our drinks over to us every night without us even asking! He would remember what each of us drank, even tho he was always really busy, we would never be kept waiting.

The beach is gorgeous! It has a long jetty which you can get a bus down (only a 10 minute walk tho) and can go snorkelling/diving off the end of there which is amazing! Lots of different colourful fish to see. The staff on the beach were really friendly and helpful, bringing you mattresses, tables or ashtrays if you needed them. The staff at the beach bar were the opposite - rude, unhelpful, lazy and pervy!

Food wasn't good the first week, There was only the Jack restaurant open and after eating nothing but bread for 4 days we complained to the manager Mr Hisham who was very helpful and after that the food picked up. In our second week the Rose restaurant opened which was much better and had more variety. At lunch time you could get fried chicken, steak, fries, salad, bread and ice cream from the Chinese (through the day it's a snack bar, you can eat here every day if you wish). The Italian wasn't good when we went but some people we spoke to said it improved in the second week. The Lebanese was nice, chicken and beef kebabs, hummus, pitta breads etc. The Chinese was the best tho and the staff were wonderful, especially Mohamed, he was always working so hard and really looked after us for the 2 weeks we were there. On our second week the Titanic Palace opened so we got to eat at the Indian and Mexican which both were gorgeous! Best food we ate in the 2 weeks we were there.

The animation team have got to be the worst I have seen in Egypt, so lazy, ignorant and uninterested in speaking to anyone English. Most of the time they were too hungover to put any effort into the morning dance or ask guests to join in activities. The chief animator, Gio, was so rude and arrogant! ,Then we met Papa, who was completely different to the others, he was fun, enthusiastic, always happy and spoke to everyone. The next week a new animator started called Fichal who was very like Papa. Papa and Fichal were the only ones to make an effort, encourage people to join in activities and made time to speak to everyone.

I used the beauty salon once and was mortified - Don't let them talk you into getting your face/eyebrows threaded! With your stay at the hotel you each get a free 20 minute massage and ladies get a free hair wash and blowdry too which you can use whenever you like.

The aqua park was brilliant, with it being so quiet we never had to que which was great!

Overall we had a lovely time and didn't let the few problems we had ruin our holiday. The hotel was pretty quiet because of the trouble in Egypt. Hurghada is unaffected by the trouble and we felt completely safe while we were there.
We would stay at the titanic beach spa and aqua park again and would also like to try the titanic palace.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Natalie N
Brighton, UK
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed here for a week after having visited Sharm previously.

Having read some of the reviews here I have to say I was a bit concerned about what was going to find and was worried about the hotel being deserted, staff rude etc. bit this could not be further from the truth.

The hotel is massive and attached to the Titanic Palace which is not open due to low visitor numbers. The rumour was that guests who had booked there were being downgraded to the Titanic Beach instead; I don't know if that's true but we estimated it was at less than 50% capacity as there are two large buffet restaurants and only one was operating. This suited us as there were never any problems finding sunbeds, no big queues at meals and generally it was quite quiet, although the numbers did seem to increase noticably in the last couple of days of our trip.

Our room was smartly but simply decorated and spacious with views across the pool between the hotels and to the sea in the distance. It had all the facilities you would expect including mini-bar with fresh bottles of water being left for us every day. We had two beds, each the size of a small double. The room was cleaned immaculately every day. The only thing I would criticise would be the air conditioning, which was sometimes a little noisy, and on occasion the water from the shower and especially the taps was a little cooler than I might have liked.

The pool area is massive and we enjoyed lounging around. There is only one bar in the centre, although we did have one waiter who would always bring us a drink. The pools were very clean- we saw them being cleaned daily- but the water was freezing. This seems to be common in Egypt, but I don't know why.

You do get pestered when sitting round the pool by the ladies in the spa who want to give you a massage/haircut/shave for the gents, by guys offering various trips on boats or quad bikes and by people wanting you to leave the hotel that night to watch a show in another bar. All of these are obviously at an extra cost. None of the prices seemed extortionate- in fact they were pretty good value- e.g. about £50 for an hour massage followed by Turkish Hammam- I think that's pretty good- and they were polite but very persistent. In the end we found the best thing was just to say 'no, thank you, we really aren't interested, sorry', which is hard to do and be polite, but once you do that then they do leave you alone.

The waterpark is good fun- several of the slides were permanently open and, again, because the hotel was not too full, you never had to wait. I can imagine it would be a nightmare in busy times. The beach is gorgeous- sometimes the tide is right out and you can walk in the sand for up to a km before you reach it. There are lovely loungers with windbreaks- it does get blowy sometimes. There is also a pier to walk along. There was a beach bar which looked pretty nice but we never had the need to visit it.

The hotel itself has got a lot of facilities, tennis courts, a la carte restaurants (which you can make one visit to one during your stay) and a lot of things you have to pay extra for like a bowling alley. There is a shopping arcade with one useful shop (a supermarket selling gifts, chocolate, sweets, crisps, cigarettes and postcards) and several luxury goods shops- a jewellers, a perfume shop and a watch shop amongst others. We bought some perfume which was expensive in itself but good value for what you are getting. The hotel is also trying to always get you to pay extra by offering you fresh juices, popcorn etc. although again none of these are unreasonable in cost.

We used the buffet restaurant for all our meals and I would say it had positives and negatives. On the plus side, everything we ate was delicious and clearly freshly prepared. At breakfast there was an omelette station and a pancake station as well as loads of delicious pastries and all the usual items. Remember- no pork so no sausages or bacon. At dinner there were always fresh chips, fresh pasta and sauces, an outdside bbq grill and a lady making wonderful fresh bread which was just delicious.

On the downside, the food was repetitive. There was never much variety from day to day (although there was plenty within each meal). This didn't bother us as we knew everything would be nice and that we would find something we liked, but this isn't the kind of hotel you should go to if you want a different gourmet dinner every night. I think you have to accept that isn't going to happen in a place of this size and on the budgets they probably operate to.

There was an animation team who did entertainment every night and activities in the day but we prefer to just sit about, expecially of an evening. It was lovely on the outside terrace above the main restaurant, overlooking the pool, having a couple of drinks. The rose wine was good as was the lager and spirits, personally I found the white wine disgusting but I think it was maybe to cater more for the German guests. Also, there doesn't seem to be so much of a concept of juice- if you ask for vodka and orange you get vodka and orange squash! Use fizzy instead- you can help yourself to that too! We had a lovely regular waiter, Abu, who was such a nice guy and taught us some Arabic, and told us a bit about life in Egypt. We had a hilarious discussion about the weather in the UK, he couldn't really grasp the concept of temeratures much lower then 20 degrees! We gave him a tip at the end of the holiday which is something we have never done before as we really thought the service he gave us was exceptional.

Overall there were a couple of little annoyances here and there, most of which I have mentioned, I think the only thing I have omitted is that there is no bottled water in the hotel other than what you are given every day in your mini-bar. Apart from that you have to help yourself by the glass which is annoying as it's so hot and really you should be drinking a good couple of litres a day or more if you have had a drink the previous night!

Overall we have said we would return to the Titanic Beach but ironically it probably suited us a lot better for being so quiet. It is a place that would attract families and I think when you are a couple away together you don't always want that. We would definitely go at this time of year but I think if it was busier we would have less of a good time. There are a few little maintenance issues and the hotel could do with a smarten up but with things as they are and relatively few guests you can't be surprised. Also, most of the staff are in sailor's uniforms to continue the 'Titanic' theme with different colours for different types of jobs. It all felt a bit retro and I did feel sorry for them sometimes. It can't be easy to clean a room while wearing a brown sailor suit.

I would say to people, if you are thinking of going to Egypt, please do. The Red Sea are is perfectly safe and the people are so lovely.

Room Tip: There are three blocks, blocks two and three (room numbers 2xxx and 3xxx) are furthest away from th...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple