Titanic Beach Spa & Aqua Park
$67
$299
Mercure
  • Breakfast included
Panorama Bungalows Resort El Gouna(El Gouna)(Great Value!)
$90
  • Pool
The Grand Plaza Hotel - Hurghada(Hurghada)(Great Value!)
$63
$85
$75
Orbitz.com
2,290 results
All reviewsaqua parkbeach barfishgames roomwave poolgreat holidaysister hotelswim up roomsoft drinksquad bikingegyptian poundsper weeklife guardsanimation teamfussy eatersenzo mallsmall tip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I an my son stayed at Titanic Beach for 1 week, from the 5th to 12th August.
The strongest impressions:
Restaurants Jack and Rose:
Salad bar was not appetizing. Omelette, noodles prepared by calmest guy (can‘t remember name), eggplants fried by S. Waled, chips, several kinds of cakes was ok.. Staff was more or less friendly, some of them were too annoying asking the same question: finished? Only I was shocked regarding staff member A. Kereen, his communication style - eyes full of contempt and knife pricking into tool box... brrr...Avoid!

Sun Loungers – get up at 6 am to reserve!

One night we couldn't sleep due to fire alarm: first time was ringing for 5 or more minutes, other 6 or more times were shorter.

But overall we had good holiday in Egypt where spacious and clean swimming pools, fresh baladi bread, good view in the evening when all lights are switched on, where sun was shining every day, where I could improve myself with the good book in the early morning, where I spent brilliant time with my son...

Sorry for my English, please.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jokubomama
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We were very wary of the reviews.. but dismissed them as maybe people can be fussy. I must say that there were some points to take note of. The Hotel space itself is very impressive with high painted ceilings and stained glass. Marble surfaces and huge settes and armchairs.Lovely visuals across the grounds and pools. When you get to your room it gets a bit more basic and shows signs of wear and tear. The sofa bed provided for our 14 year old was not good, but on request they did replace with a camp bed. The correct bedding took another couple of days to appear though. The cleaner could be more thorough. Sometimes we had replacement toilet rolls and drinks and a full set of towels, but not everyday.I am glad I found a cupboard in one of the hotels toilets with stocks of rolls so I could ensure we were ok. I think they only clean the shower on guest change over. We kept our own toilet and basin clean (coz thats how we roll) But i did notice my long dark hair was not cleared from the floor or shower. The staff are definatley on the look out for `tips` , which gets a bit annoying. We never rushed down to reserve sunbeds, so had to go on a bit of a hunt but ended up with beds most days ( even if they were broken and should of been in a skip) There were plenty of cushions , so even very late arrivals could just use these to lay on. Must say that siiting behind the prime spot beds where nobody appeared all day did lead me to believe that the pool boys were saving beds for the `tippers`. The pools were great, plenty of space to swim or play . We did notice some rough areas around the edges, broken plastic covers over the filters and a bit of moss/algea growing on the pool lip. Also saw an electrical lead sticking out of the ground. Wouldnt pass U.K health and safety at all .Pool bar deteriorated as the day went on, drinks got weaker and warmer .They had an out of date water bottle everyday for guests to use... > May `13 in July `13 ? The waterpark was enjoyable... if you could be bothered with the queus. It was too hot sometimes to stand around waiting for a ring. The wave pool had a questionable foam in the corner and didnt really raise much wave. The beach restuarant food was ok,,, burgers, chips and pizza. Bit of a queue on opening up. My daughter said her burger didnt look too great one day... too much green stuff? Over use of herbs?The beach was great. Never had a problem finding a bed. The sea is far out, but paddling looking at the crabs and starfish is fun. Then finding a pool with water as warm as a bath was lovely to sit in. The pier was good for a walk, and they have sunbeds there so you can watch the waves and boats. The restaurants are busy at opening times, so best to let the rush die down. Although this does mean some of the dishes could be gone. Food not really to our taste. We all had bad tummys at some point. We are not drinkers so cant say it was the booze. So it had to be the food, the hygiene or the pool water. Of course the extreme heat could of been a factor too, but we did monitor ourselves and always made sure we had shade to sit in. We enjoyed our meals in the Italian and Mexican Restaurants. Mexican was the best. It was great to get away from the `rude` push and shove that some people think is ok at the buffet. Our Rep was helpfull and always there when we needed him. Most of the hotel staff were very polite if you gave them respect. They are after all there to serve you, but not servants ! Shame the `rude push and shovers` dont seem to realise this. I didnt think much of the Receptionists. Not very friendly. We enjoyed going round the hotel shops and although some shop owners were a bit pushy, they werent rude. We found Mamhud in the hand bag shop very friendly and Pete in an ornament shop very helpful . We went on the trip to Mahyma (superb... and good lunch) and to Badawya ( great thrills, lunch bit bland) .My 19 year old daughter and I used the massage token (short and sweet) and treated ourselves to a facial, manicure and pedicure. This was a long afternoon, lots of pauses in between proceedures. My daughter found the `Threading` very uncomfortable, I just about coped, but its not for the faint hearted ! A lady next to me was hurt during her pedicure. The salon guys were a bit of a hit and miss. My chap had good English and looked after me well. Not the same for everyone though. The end results were good, just felt it shouldnt of taken 3 hours ! We did visit the shows a few times, but mainly played cards to entertain ourselves in the evening.We were tired after a day in the sun , going on trips , swimming or not feeling to well. Our room was very quiet and we were never disturbed by other guests. ( we were at the end of the hall on the second floor ) We stuck close to the hotel this visit due to the unrest in the country. But we did not witness or feel threatened in anyway. We would ensure we didnt visit during Ramadam again . We could see the staff struggling, and although you can sympathise with their beliefs, the facts are that is does affect the way they work , and therefor your holiday. All in all we did enjoy our holiday, but not as much as we thought we would, or should of. It is a huge complex sharing with The palace next door ( seemed a bit more of a higher standard there) and this I think was the downfall. We will choose a hotel with less rooms next time as this is how we have booked in the past and we have had better standards for similar prices. We will revisit Egypt, but not Titanic beach spa and aqua. Maybe a Nile cruise ? The country has lots to offer for tourists. In conclusion... Titanic is ok... just ok, nothing more, nothing less. Not the best review, not the worst.

Room Tip: We were further down from the main hotel. This meant walking up and down a bit, but we were closer to the waterpark and beach, and quiet in the evening. Second floor with stairs for access gave my legs excercise. !! I would advise a family room if you need your privacy from the kids. We were never given this option on booking though.
3  Thank feedmeSouthampton
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

The hotels good points were its pools the beach and the last point good thing was the beach. The food was plentiful but not much selection for english people but you could always find something the drinks were good but lots of the glasses were not clean. Plus in the restaurants Germans polish and Russians standnto close and have no manners. The sun loungers well you had to get up at 5am to get one plus polish people come and put the towels right next to you and lie on them no personal space. But the worst was the staff would not stop staring at any attractive women we had a 20 year old girl with us it was none stop can I have a picture or email don't take your daughters all the Arabs are perverts I'm afraid I don't recommend you staying in this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank walla97
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I was here in October last year and wrote a review on tripadvisor after that visit. I then came back in July this year. Unfortunately the return visit was not the same as the first. A lot of the points still stand namely;

I still can’t understand reviewers saying they can’t stand the food – overall the range and quality is truly excellent
Yes there are lots of ‘Russians’ – get over it!
The facilities are very child orientated with plenty to keep them occupied including a kids club for 5yr+ (but see below)

That said the queuing is interminable. I had to queue for EVERYTHING. Dinner time – queue for a table, queue for drinks, queue for cutlery, queue for plates, queue for the buffet style food, queue for each non-buffet speciality, queue for more drinks.

The hope of sitting down and eating as one family group is basically impossible.

Queuing isn’t just restricted to the bars and restaurants though.. It what can only be described as an alarming oversight there were 6, yes 6, mats for the entire guest population of titanic beach and titanic palace to used the 3 different water slides that needed mats. Unsurprisingly this occasionally led to a bit of a bun fight in order to get them and more often than not just abandoning the idea. During my visit last year there must have been upwards of 40 mats meaning people queued to go on the ride, not queue to get a mat while the majority of the time the rides are effectively empty.

The queue continued at the beach restaurant where I queued once for over half and hour for a burnt bit of bread masquerading as pizza and which the chef was borderline begrudging in bestowing upon me! Needless to say that was the last time I bothered! Which leads me to the other annoyance – service. All hotels will have a variety of staff with varying attitudes towards customer service but again the overall average has taken a real slide since my visit last year. I am well aware that there is a lot going on in Egypt at the moment but a large percentage of staff either wanted to be somewhere else or are in the wrong job. Customer facing roles are not for them

2  Thank DrMAW
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Hotel not bad but certainly not 5star by a long way. Let down by the attitude of staff who's main goal was to extract money from you at every opportunity. The hotel also wanted to charge extras for fruit juices and some entertainment which i would normally expect to be included in the all inclusive package.The sunbed situation was insane we were having to get up around 5.30 in the morning to ensure getting a bed by the pool. Not enough to go round. There was also a large Russian contingent staying at the hotel who tended to push in a queue and barge past you if you we're in the way

Room Tip: Go somewhere else