“excellent!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #121 of 229 Hotels in Hurghada
Bristol, United Kingdom
“excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

this was my first visit to egypt the hotel was outstanding and very clean the staff are all very friendly and helpful at all times, great for kids as you have the aqua park and countless number of swimming pools you also have the beach on your doorstep at the back of the hotel i would advise anyone to go snorkling at the bottom end of the jetty (mini pier) or if you just like to relax by the pool you have it all there, the service is also excellent the staff walk round all the time while your sun bathing and bring you drinks even if you dont tip them they will still come round. was abit cautious with all the comments about the trouble in egypt i did not feel on edge once and we travelled at night back from the hurghada marina which i would recommend as this has a number of different restaurants including Italian, fish etc etc at prices you wouldn't believe! the food and drink in the hotel was the only thing that let me down.. overall hotel was amazing the people were amazing and the city was amazing, the rooms were excellent they are all supplied with air-con and a safe and the beds are so comfy! i would recommend this hotel to anyone we are returning next year and cannot wait to get back there and relax.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank dar_cross69

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

This was our second visit to the Titanic and it was every bit as good as we remembered it. It was notable that notice had been taken of the earlier reviews, for example, food was regularly temperature tested as there have been previous negative comments about this. There was a massive selection of food at both the three food courts and the a la carte restaurants.
Staff could not have been more friendly and helpful and as returning guests we were made to feel like royalty. It was staggering how many of the staff remembered us from ten months ago, an indication of how attentive they are.
It is still a long way out to the deeper sea where you can swim,(guess the hotel can't be held responsible for that) but they have now not only completed the repairs to the jetty but also provide a free mini bus shuttle from the beach which runs constantly for those of us too lazy to walk.
The pools were immaculate and were tested every morning first thing, when they also watered the paths and washed them down to lay any dust.
Neither of us have ever experienced any tummy problems wen we have stayed here.However, noting the way that some people abused the 'all inclusive' facilities, with food and drink available all day and most of the night, I'm not surprised that some people did.
In all, a great hotel and I would not hesitate to visit again

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
16 Thank Maz47-11
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

I'd spent a week at this hotel after a week cruising the River Nile. This hotel is generally is in good condition and the Aqua Park is a must for children and adults alike. The courtyard and reception area is aesthetically pleasing. Certainly the hotel does cater more for its Russian and German guests but I am of the view that you should go to any hotel with an open mind. I did so and I did not encounter any problems with the guests from either nationality in fact I found many of them warm and friendly - wanting to take photographs of me with members of their family, friends etc. After experiencing the excellent quality of the food on board the 'ship', the food at this hotel was very disappointing - it was rather bland, unvaried and fairly cold (there is a microwave in the 3 main restaurants) and should be something that management should be focusing on a bit more. It was not unusual for me to have for instance tomato ketchup or some pepper with the food to give it a bit of a kick. For my a la carte choice, I had the Indian (located in its sister hotel Titanic Palace) which was just okay in spite of the fact that I told the chef that I wanted it hot, it was still rather mild in my opinion. I thoroughly enjoyed however the bread made by the lady who sits outside between the Jack and Rose Restaurants.

Generally I believe the efficiency of service to the clientele could improve. It took 4 hours for the the plumbers to come to my room to fix the toilet - this after having contacted the relevant parties 3 times, the last being a complaint to the friendly duty manager who dispatched the plumbers within a matter of minutes to my room. I had to telephone the laundry service to return my clothes after failing to provide it within the stipulated time-frame. When my clothes arrived, there was an attempt to overcharge me but I was wise to this as I had done my calculations previously. In addition the worker involved then did not want to give me any change (in effect he wanted a tip for poor service). I soon dealt with this by declining to pay the bill there and then and paying it at reception a few hours later. Another of my group had to wait 30 minutes for toilet paper.

The staff generally were very pleasant and friendly although one of the receptionists was very rude when dealing with the aforementioned complaint.

The room that I was in was spacious and was cleaned to a good quality.

Just a word of warning the generator appears to fail quite a bit and there were frequent albeit not very long power shortages, particularly in the afternoon.

For those who book this hotel via Flights and Packages. A2B transfer were certainly the weakest link in this package. The service was absolutely dismal. The ground staff were rude and intimidating. Two elderly women who were on the same trip as me were forced (if you don't pay you will have to find your own way to Hurghada) to pay £50 each for the transfer to the hotel from the ship because they could not find their voucher nor did A2B appear to have them on their list. Another group of 4 had to pay £20 each for the same reason. The representative of A2B who was on the coach with us was selling trips which appears he did not have the licence to do. He was also apparently selling trips at a 10 per cent discount but those who had booked with him did not appear to have received this discount. For the return trip, one would expect to receive a note through the door or at least a mention on the notice board to inform people of the pick up time. This was not the case with this company. A few members of this group spent the best part of half of our last day attempting to find this information out (questions not being answered on the phone, promises being broken etc).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank moisetcp
Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

After reading some of the comments on here I was a little sceptical of what I would find on arrival at the hotel!

From the moment we stepped through the door we had a great time

The staff where very helpful they did not hastle you in any way infact they went out of their way to help you as much as they could.

The hotel had 7 a la carte restaurants we could have visited but the food in the main restaurant was different every night so we didnt feel we needed to book any thing else!

The food was good and not as most people think aimed towards Russian guests! you had a selection of meat chicken and fish so how can any one say there is no chioce! The issues I have read with regards to upset tummies I would suggest was more down to over indulgance of the drinks and sun side and not the food.
For the first time since travelling around different hotels in Egypt I saw the staff doing temp test on the food and if it fell below standard the food was taken away and fresh put in its place!

The pools where fantastic and my kids had the best time ever you must be aware if travelling with your children that the age limit for most of the slides is ten years old so they will not be allowed on the slides if under this age or under a certain height this is for safety not to ruin your holiday!!!

The room was good and kept very clean and tidy with the fridge filled daily with coke and water.

Animations was good and worked hard this is aimed slightly towards our east europian friends but again you where not excluded.

The beach was clean and sea beautful the only down side here was they allowed wind surfing and kite surfing go ahead in the area of sea where people where swimming so could be a danger especailly for younger children.

we stayed for 6 days here and never got board and that says alot from some one who travelled with two children!!!

Drinks you could have in abundance was only slightly disappointed that they only had 4 cocktails on the All Inclusive list but it wasn't the end of the world.

If your a non smoker then you will find the non smoking area very quite! and away from the bar but that didn't cause any problems as there was a waiter service to keep you stocked up!

Would we visit again YES WE WOULD in fact we will proberbly make this hotel a regular visit as it has every thing a family needs...............

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
14 Thank AlwaysEgypt
Leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Me and my partner visited the Titanic Beach Hotel from 11th Sept - 25th Sept. Prior to the trip I read all the reviews warning about the food so I prepared myself for the worst. Here is my view of the hotel:
Service:- Most staff try to be helpful and when they find out you're english they are very helpful. However, as expected, some are very rude.
Rooms:- Very clean and large - lovely maids who make art on the beds. (better if you tip)
Hotel:- Nice looking hotel - the palace next door is better looking but not as lively.
Food:- I prepared for the worst and I aren't a fussy eater however I struggled some nights on what to eat - it is catered for Russians so there is a lot of "slop". I lived off chips for 2 weeks. The Al a carte restaurants are slightly better. I would have tried more exotic things but lots of people became ill so I thought I'd play safe.
People:- The other guests are mainly Russian which is sometimes annoying as there arent many people to talk to and they are very rude with no manors.
There were a few more niggles but a part from that I had a good time.
If they altered the food it would have been worthy of 4* but the food really let the place down - shame! Hope this helps.

Room Tip: Rooms higher up are better
8 Thank yug90

Travelers are raving about these Hurghada hotels

Elgin, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

We were there from 10/09/12TO 17/09/12 Lovely hotel Saff Nice Food TERRRRIBLE! I Lived on soup for a wek I have never seen sutch a POOR SELECTION OF FOOD IN AN EGYPTION HOTEL and this has been my 7TH holiday in egypt the restaurants that have a european meals are an aboslute waste of time would like to say this was a nice hotel I cant wou;ld recomend sharm always in thi hotel food was cooked to please a russian palet can honestly say wish i had stayed at home duncan and pauline from elgin

3 Thank grassick1956
Guisborough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

My wife and I have just returned from a weeks Nile cruise plus a 7 night AI stay at the TBH. The package was booked through Flights and Packages who were efficient in their administration throughout. I must warn future participants that the transfer company A2B also were fine except that when we disembarked the plane at Luxor we were fast tracked through the arrivals ( probably the quickest ever) however we were required to buy a visitors visa which is £10. A2B said we could buy this on the transfer coach, so we went along with their instructions. On the coach they asked for £15 for the visa. when I and others complained they said we would have to go to the official desk in the airport arrivals but they could not wait for us and we would have to get a taxi to the boat, leaving us little alternative than to pay their price. Not the best introduction to a country who are almost reliant on attracting tourists to return.

The Titanic beach Hotel and Aquapark is a huge resort on the Red Sea. It's set in a pretty baron area which consists of around 10 other 5 star rated hotels all having the usual tat shops outside and a few inside the hotels. The TBH is definitely a rather grand looking hotel, with an impressive reception area. Our arrival and check in were quick and we were allocated a spacious room overlooking a quieter part of the hotel grounds with two featured pools which were hardly used and the water was lovely and warm. The more public pools were the usual noisy areas with aerobic sessions daily and plenty of disco music booming out throughout the day and night.(thank god for double glazing) The beach was at the end of the resort and there was an aquapark for the hundreds of Russian,Polish, German and a few French and British kids The beach was a rather mucky dark brown sand and the tide receded for about 300yds at about calf high so it wasn't possible to have a cooling swim without going on a trek. The AI drinks and food are 24/7 and many of our foreign friends took full advantage of this facility which created a huge party atmosphere and the sang and shouted way into the wee small hours. (God bless them) There were a number of eateries one being for adults only. The food varied and there was plenty of choice, it reminded me of school diners all lined up waiting to spoon as much stodge on the plate as possible. The choice of excursions was pretty limited unless you wanted to go on a camel ride or ride a quad bike in the Sahara Dessert, avoiding all the heaps of rubbish which are dumped all around (recycling, whats that) I must say I am a seventy year old male with rather an easy going outlook on life so my views may be a little distorted to those of my younger holiday sharers. My overall impression of the TBH is that the public areas are sumptuous,and 5 star, the rooms are large and well appointed good air con large balconies but more 3 star, The food is mainly around 2 to 3 star with the odd exception. The staff were fantastic, always attentive and smiling. Would I go back? No. In fact I would not return to Egypt seen it now got the T shirt.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms overlooking the main pool areas if you like a bit of peace and a good nights kip
5 Thank frankie034