“Perfect Hilton Resort”

Ranked #40 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
“Perfect Hilton Resort”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

the hospitality is very high, Hilton team are very helpful. the food quality is good however, the dessert variety should be reviewed. best room service. animation team should stick to pool/beach animation schedule. kids club should be relocated to be in the main area instead of villa area. overall, the experience was great... THANK YOU HILTON RESORT TEAM

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Rehab A
Horeya, Personal Assistant to GM at Hilton Hurghada Resort, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Our Valued Guest.

Greetings from sunny Hurghada.

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Hurghada Resort and for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor.

We greatly appreciate any feedback made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We place great value on your custom and your continued relationship with Hilton.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again at the Hilton Hurghada Resort and any of our Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands in the near future.

Hilton Hurghada Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Alexandria, Egypt
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Thank you lot for nice time in your hotel im really enjoy it really all is amazing Food-Staff-Rooms and all hotel facility i can not wait till i be back next year see you and thank you for all :)

Ahmed Zaie

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Horeya, PA to GM at Hilton Hurghada Resort, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Our Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Hurghada Resort and for taking the time to write and post your feedback on TripAdvisor.

Cairo
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Very nice hotel with amazing beach. Excellent service, the staff was very helpful. The resort is very quiet and ideal to relax. The room was very clean with excellent air-condition. Can't describe the beach and how amazing it is. Special thanks to the unbelievable animation team  they were so funny, we will never forget them also Oscar the camel 
A very big thanks and real appreciation to the great management team that works to bring out this huge amount of relax, fun and unforgettable memories,

Good luck and always on top..
Mohamed Essam

Room Tip: Pool, sea and garden views,
Dear Our Valued Guest,

Sunny greetings from Hurghada.

First I would like to thank choosing to stay at Hilton Hurghada Resort and for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor Traveller Web.

I am very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us along with the services provided to your good self throughout your stay. Many thanks for your kind words. Definetly I will share your precious comments with my colleagues.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again at the Hilton Hurghada Resort, your home away from home.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

the hotel was very nice, the food was very very good and well organised, the stuff were very professional, the location is more than perfect, the hotel rooms was good, the beach was excellent and very very clean

Room Tip: try to choose the sea view rooms it is much more better and nearer to the beach
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ahmedreyad
Dear Our Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Hurghada Resort and for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor Traveller Web.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I suppose the best way for me to go through our holiday is as we experienced.

First of all, please be aware that the visa required to enter the country costs £10 or $15, if for whatever reason this changes then go to the kiosk before the barriers and pay there. We got off our plane only for the whole plane to be charged £13 for each visa meaning the airport had ripped off the plane for about £1000.

We arrived at the hotel in good spirits to check in. We were greeted politely, we asked if the resort was quiet and was told the hotel was at 40% occupancy. We were then shown to our first of many rooms. This is where the first problem began, we had booked a triple room for 3 grown adults and the pictures we thought we saw depicted two double beds. However we were shown to a small room with two single beds! Now, we were a little perplexed by this and the bell boy told us that they would push the two single beds together and fit a roll out bed for myself.

We weren't sure this was what we had paid for and returned to the front desk to state the room was too small for three adults and we needed two double beds. We were then told that there were no rooms like this at all in the hotel and then the check in clerk had the cheek to tell us there were no other rooms for us to move to after telling us the hotel was at 40% occupancy.

To cut this part short. We went to see a further 3 rooms and finally had to settle for a slightly larger room with myself on a roll out cot bed, something I would really imagine a child having to sleep on.

Once unpacked we noticed that the room was tired and dirty to say the least. The furniture was dark brown and chipped. Dirt was in every corner and ground into the floor whilst the shower and bath walls had yellowing grout with a lovely black mould growing on them. Not what I expected of a 5* establishment.

At this point we were exhausted from our travels and so decided that this would likely be the best we would get and decided to head down to the lobby bar for a drink.

As we sat down my mother and I became quite aware that there actually seemed to be very few tourists as I would say. The hotel seemed to be an overwhelming majority of Egyptians all clad in traditional Muslim dress. By no means do I mean to offend the Egyptian nationality or the Muslim culture however dressed in shorts and a tshirt I became increasingly aware of the filthy looks I was receiving for not being covered. I was under the impression I was coming to a tourist area in a hotel that would be westernised and having visited Egypt many times before that was what I expected. At one point during this holiday I was actually spat at by a woman dressed in a burka and I can only assume I offended her by being by the pool in a bikini as she did not speak a word of English so I could not have said anything to offend.

It turns out that we were all of about 4 or 5 sets of British tourists in the hotel and in order to help fill the hotel the management had decided to drop the prices to the point where locals could afford to holiday at the hotel turning the hotel from a relaxing 5* establishment to a 1* hell hole.

Children were up until 1 or 2 am in the lobby bar screaming and shouting, pushing the lamps off of the tables and smashing glasses / plates and then running off. There was supposed to be 2 pools with bars however one of these was closed with no bar service. This meant the main pool was crowded and filled with children jumping, diving and splashing everywhere. There was not one quiet area. You would find kids or even the parents just sitting on your towels if you returned from getting a drink or going for lunch. There was simply no respect for any one else's belongings or space. Parents were taking small babies into the pool without any waterproof swimwear on. Just nappies and then changing them and leaving them by the poolside or putting them in the pool bins to fester.

This was a daily occurrence of complete hell for 5 days of our holiday and continued to worsen as our patience and tolerance waned.

Our experience of the main restaurant for the first few days can only be described as zoo like. Not one but of courtesy was shown to there being a queue or people patiently waiting for food. People would simply barge you aside and mutter at you as if you had got in their way as they piled plate after plate sky high with food. Most of which can I say was often wasted. The menu was not international whatsoever at this point, I feel like it had been lowered in quality and choice so as to maintain profits as they had lowered the cost if their rooms so drastically. I personally do not feel that foods such as liver, Egyptian okra and refried beans to be considered international. Daily, you were given one fish choice, one chicken (legs and thighs only) and if you were lucky some beef with potatoes and perhaps some steamed vegetables. The waiters were struggling to keep tables clean and tidy up after the wake of destruction they left in their path.

In the main reception area (away from the pool may I add) the toilets were forever absolutely filthy. If you went to use them you were paddling in urine and the toilet had not been flushed from the last use. Often I would tell the reception staff only to return to find them in no better condition. Again, dirty nappies strew the sink areas and after many failed attempts I decided to return to ny room each time to use the toilet as there were enough to make even a hardened stomach turn.

Facilities wise half of these were not available to us. The disco was 'broken' for the duration whilst it was used as a conference room. On the day these students left the disco was suddenly working again for the last two days of our holiday however what was meant to be house music and for over 16's there were young toddlers, babies and children dancing to traditional Egyptian music. So for what time the disco was open we felt ostracised and pushed out.

The second pool was closed with no bar service. The swim up pool bar never opened. There was no pool activities such as water aerobics. The Hilton website boasts of 11 restaurants and bars whereas half of these carried extra charges. The diving centre in the resort wasn't open and the Internet facilities were not free despite what we had read. Even then when I did buy a one shot card the Internet wasn't even working then if I had paid for it so I ended up having no internet access for the week I was there.

Unfortunately throughout our stay we felt we had no choice but to complain on several occasions asking to speak to the general manager however we were always told that she was not there or unavailable. We actually found out she lives in the resort over the other side if the hotel in a villa so to say that she was unavailable to talk to us was unacceptable. We felt she was being cowardly hiding behind her staff who held the place together without her.

Having been upgraded to a suite that was no better standard wise or cleanliness wise but I now had a slightly better bed in the form of a sofa bed.

We ate each evening in the a la carte restaurant so as to avoid the zoo like crowds and to give credit to the staff they did what they could with what they had. However we do feel our holiday was mis sold. Half of the amenities weren't open, filthy toilets and rooms, noisy pool with no regard to safety or other people and overall a horrible holiday.

There are some great staff members and I want to thank them personally for trying to make the best situation they could in an impossible environment.

Ahmed Ald Elfdel (Waiter La Casa)
Saye Yehya ( Chef La Casa)
Mohammed ( Lobby Bar Barman)
Chef Hanni (Executive Chef)

I would be interested to hear the hotels feedback on their thoughts as it seems they only reply to those reviews that are good or obtained 'in partnership with Hilton Hotels'

Cc Travel Republic
Cc Hilton Resorts

8 Thank Jodieee-Anne
Dear Our Valued Guest,

I am really disappointed to notice that you weren't fully satisfied during your recent stay at our resort. On behalf of the Resort's management please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused.

However and in a way of explanation and not as an excuse, I would like to highlight the following; in regards to the room size, our Front desk team showed your good self-three different rooms to have the opportunity to choose the more convenient room that suits your requirements. Moreover we offered you a complimentary upgrade to diplomatic suite to make your accommodation more comfortable.

For your comment concerning level of cleanliness, I would like to assure you that the hotel continues to make every effort to ensure that all practices and procedures are in line with strict safety and hygiene regulations in order to maintain high standards of cleanliness and sanitation. Over and above we're audited by an independent International company specialized in safety & hygiene.

For the unaccepted attitude from local guests at public areas as well as the misuse of public toilets, I would like to assure you that as an International Operator in world of tourism, we cater and cherish to all our guests regardless of their nationalities.
We appreciate your understanding of the fact that the behavior of some guests is beyond our control, however we save no efforts to assist all to tackle any case in a respectable approach ensuring that rules and regulations are promptly followed to enable all guests enjoy their stays' at our resort.

Kindly note that the Villas' Pool Bar which is located at the other side of the main building was temporary closed due to the low demand at that period as the majority of our in house guests use the front area pool bar. Yet, the Villas' swimming pool is opened for guests' usage.

Kindly allow me to inform your good self that the hotel's General Manager was on vacation during your stay accordingly concerned department head each in his/her area meet our valued guests in order to timely attend to their requests and solve any challenge if applicable.

Please rest assured that remaining comments mentioned in your mail has been communicated to all concerned personnel to take necessary measures where and as applicable.

I do hope that the inconvenience caused does not deter you from visiting us once again in the near future where I will personally make sure you have the relaxation and service you deserve and should expect from us.

Regards,

Reviewed September 17, 2013

You have the choice of a conciliator for this hotel in terms of service, price, and I hope that Hilton Hotels Group continues to provide its services at prices to suit everyone.You have the choice of a conciliator for this hotel in terms of service, price, and I hope that Hilton Hotels Group continues to provide its services at prices to suit everyone .The service was excellent and the food is very good and the hotel is clean and room service regularly in their work

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Sherine A, Manager at Hilton Hurghada Resort, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Mr. Sameh,

On behalf of Hotel Management, I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Hurghada Resort and taking time to post your precious feedback on TripAdvisor.

We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards. Many thanks for your feedback.

I am very pleased that you have enjoyed stay in our property and the services provided to your good self at the Resort.

We place great value on your continued relationship with Hilton.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again at the Hilton Hurghada Resort and any of our Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of brands in the near future.

Sherine Ahemd
Quality Assurance Manager
sherine.ahmed@hilton.com
+20 65 3465036/37
Cotswolds
Reviewed September 15, 2013

OMG where do i start, I know, let me start by saying that we did not see any trouble what so ever and with this in mind it seems perfectly safe to visit Hurghada. but sadly our holiday was ruined.

So here are the positives, great hotel with and a great location, with some fantastic staff. Just as the other reviews say. All of the waiters, pool attendants, room boys, Chef's (food quality not menu) and some of the management team are fantastic, and yes I will name those special people that tried really hard to resolve an impossible situation brought on by in my opinion, senior management.
My guess, is a combination of the current situation and the hotel general manager Soha [-- --------] who seems to hide behind her PA, Horaya [-- ------] who is sent to see you if you ask to see the general manager. Horaya does listen and I believe she really does try to resolve your problems, but of course, she can only take your feedback to her boss.

Ok so what went wrong. It was a combination of minor issues at the beginning, like arriving after midnight with no food or drink available, but this was soon resolved by Mohammed at reception. The next issue was somewhat bigger. One of the reasons for choosing this hotel was that wireless broadband access was available all over the hotel and in the rooms at what appeared to be no additional cost. I even checked Hilton.com and nowhere was an additional cost mentioned. It has now been added on the room descriptions. Just so you are aware, to have access for ten days will set you back £125. You can buy cards for 15, 30 and 60 Mins but they are one shot cards. As soon as you start so does the clock, and if you stop, the clock does not, again a very expensive method.
Internet was given to me free of charges because I had raised the issue to management and brought to their attention that the wording on Hilton.com was bordering on misrepresentation. So yes, the internet did work, 2 meg and signal strength moves around the grounds in a random fashion. One day you will get two bars in one location and the next day one or none. There are two networks, but I could only use the external one, which the I.T guy Haitham [-----] said he would fix this but this never happened.

So forgetting the above, because maybe I should have been more switched on about the free access, although we had it last year in Sharm. worse and I mean much worse was to come, again in my opinion, the senior management team turned a beautiful 4/5 star hotel into a 1 star hotel in three days. How, well according to the staff they had lowered the price such that it made the hotel available for local use. I want to say at this stage, that this is not a slur against Egyptians, I met some great people and will be visiting them in Cairo next year. But some did treat the hotel staff like they were rubbish, just about every rule in the hotel was broken,
The Disco (over 16 years old) had children as young as 6 or 7 dancing in it at gone midnight. The lobby bar had children, toddlers (riding plastic ride on cars) and baby's in strollers at gone 11:30 PM and yes plenty of screaming and crying to go along with it.
The International restaurant, became a circus with people pushing and shoving to get to the food first, which had changed from international to Egyptian fare, example Fried beef liver was the fresh cooked main choice at least four times in nine days. not sure if this is Egyptian fare or just a way of saving money, as the board prices had been lowered. Either way, dining was now an awful experience, with no such thing as a queue, tables left un-made up, you had to go find a waiter to ask for tea or coffee at breakfast and when you came back your table had been taken, even if you had left something on it. The pool, well the best way to explain this is that it was like a public swimming pool with no attention paid to safety whatsoever. There was Jumping, Diving, Dive Bombing, Diving off the bridge next to the "No Diving" sign. There was so much water outside the pool I saw at least four people slip over, towels were taken and used by others. The beach also had its problems, at one point I saw an Egyptian lady beach casting (fishing) where people were swimming. The hotel did stop this, but only after the woman had totally ignored the security man and he had to go get a guest relations manager.
I did go and see Horayer again and gave her some suggestion, such as setting up club facilities such as I had experienced at the Hilton Hua Hin (great hotel) giving the few tourists that had made the effort to go to their hotel in troubled times somewhere to go that could be maintained at the hotels normal 4/5 star level. I also said that once normal service had been restored they could as the Hilton Hua Hin, charge an additional fee for this service, But again she could only pass this back to management.
Its a real shame, we chose his hotel because of the previous reviews, which would have been accurate at the time. Now, people are arriving and within a day asking their representatives to move them. So I am sure you will see more reviews like this.
Ahmed [--- ------] (Waiter La Casa)
Saye [-----] ( Chef La Casa)
Mohammed [------- ------] ( waiter should be manager waves beah bar)
Horaya [-- ------] (PA to general manager impossible job)

Oh just as a footnote, on our last day but one the Hotel decided to close the 321 guest Disco and use the room to hold a seminar. Then arranged a peaceful demonstration outside the hotel to show its safe in Hurghada. We as the Foreign Office recommends stayed well out of the way, because it could have gone very wrong. Just think what that would have done for the name Hilton as guests were invited to attend on Hilton headed paper.

CC Hilton International
Low Cost Holiday's
Hilton Hurghada Resort

Room Tip: Find out if the Hotel will be full of locals on the dates you want to visit. If it is, read this rev...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank BasinBob
Dear Mr.Mitchell,

Greetings from sunny Hurghada.

I am really concerned to notice that you weren't fully satisfied during your recent stay at our resort. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

However and with reference to the feedback received from your end, please allow me to highlight the following facts:

-In regards to food at night, please note that your arrival time was neither communicated by the travel agent nor from your good self in order to arrange in advance a light dinner in the room as our last food order time for only All Inclusive Package is 00:30 while Room Service is available 24hours at extra charge.
Yet, and as you have mentioned in your below mail, my colleague Mohamed has attended to your need granting you an exception and sorted out this issue.

-Mrs. El Torgoman was attending a business meeting out of the hotel, accordingly as internal process her PA met you in order to timely attend to your request.
Horeya managed to clarify and sort out your comment regarding the internet issue and granted you free internet during your stay as courtesy from the hotel management. In regards to updating or amending any information on our website(s), please note it requires a grace-time of minimum two weeks which definitely could've not be executed still. As for the free internet access in public area, it is directly related to time plan determined by Hilton Worldwide; meanwhile the speed and signal strength are scheduled for upgrade in the coming period as communicated to you by Haitham our IT manager.

As an International company in hospitality field, while we cherish & cater to all guests regardless of their nationalities, we cannot differentiate in our services among them. We appreciate your understanding to the fact that behavior of some guests is beyond our control, and rest assured that we spare no efforts to tackle any case in a respectable approach ensuring that rules and regulations are promptly followed to enable all guests enjoy their stays' at our resort.

For remaining comments related to other points mentioned in your mail, please rest assured that your feedback has been communicated to all concerned to take necessary action where applicable.

In a positive note, I would like to thank you for your nice wording and comments that I will definitely communicate to respective team members who will highly appreciate it.

In closing, please rest assured that we are positively considering any constructive feedback in order to keep improving our service and providing hassle free experience to our guests and it will be our pleasure to welcoming you once again to our resort in the near future.

Best regards,