“Awesomeness!”

Ranked #42 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Bengaluru, India
“Awesomeness!”
Reviewed November 4, 2011

We stayed here for 2 days and simply loved it. This was our first stay in a "Hilton" and were full of doubts; but the stay erased all those and gave us loving memories which we will cherish for a long time.

Location: Almost all the resorts in Hurghada are along the beach; and Hilton is one among them. We had to search quite a bit as there was one more Hilton also in the area. The promenade along the road is a nice place for a long walk in the evening. And you will find many restaurants around.

Rooms : We had a beach facing room, so it was well ventilated, big nice beds along with a good big bathroom/toilet(with a tub). The view from the room was not spectacular, as it was obstructed by a children's playarea and some coconut/palm trees. We asked for a change of room, but were informed of no availability(!darn!).

Food: The breakfast was SUPER-AWESOME with an excellant spread, which made us quite heavy that we had to have a light lunch. We did not try the restaurants in the hotel for dinner or lunch, as it was slightly expensive. Preferred to eat at the other options along the promenade.

Beach: The hotel has a nice beach and there are some scuba diving, snorkelling and kayaking options.

Value for Money: Of course. Go for it.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
HiltonHurghada, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Resort, responded to this review, November 5, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Hurghada Resort and for taking the time to post your precious feedback on TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate all feedback made by our valuable guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us at the Resort and that you were satisfied with the services provided to your good self throughout your stay with us.

Kindly rest assured that the satisfaction of our valued guests is & will always remain our greatest aim.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again at the Hilton Hurghada Resort and any of Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands in the near future.

Executive Office

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed October 21, 2011

It was a part of our organized tour on Jan-09, I loved staying at the Hotel, In addition superb Hilton facilities, The hotel has great evening event's through out the week from Belly Dance, magic shows and fakir baba's stunning tricks.

There a lot to do thing and enjoy out door events such as Jet ski's, red sea surfing on glass bottom boat looking through sea which can easily booked at hotel front desk,

Would love to visit again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
HiltonHurghada, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Resort, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Dear Guest,

First of all let me seize the opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Hurghada Resort and for your feedback communicated to us through the Trip Advisor Website.

We greatly appreciate any comments made by our Valued Guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards in order to meeting or even exceeding our Guests’ Expectations.

On a positive note, we are glad that you are satisfied with the services provided to your good self during your stay. It is always good to receive positive feedback.

In closing, I would like to thank even more for the trust you have put in my team and please rest assured that we will always endeavor to meet your expectations, as servicing such valued guest like your good self is and will remain our greatest achievement.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again at the Hilton Hurghada Resort and any of our Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of brands in the near future.

My very best of regards,

Sibiu, Romania
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Written during our stay in Egypt.

We've got the booked room but we've had an issue: no darken curtain although we had a day and beside it a decorating one. We packed our stuff and we head back the desk. I requested another room. The receptionist listen me carefully and drove us back with an electric car. He show us the third row of curtains. The dark ones. It's a shame for me but it was the first third row of curtains in my live to see. Second day, another request: to fix the terrace door. The latch was broken and it always dropped on the floor making a big noise. They fixed it up very quickly. The third request: an ashtray on the terrace room. Never solved. I understand than I had a non smoking room but I needed and requested it for the room's terrace.

Restaurant
Food was in reasonable quantity, not in my taste but I found every time something to eat, lots of fruits. Lunch is too short, they are gathering the bouffee minutes ahead of closing hour.

Lobby bar
The manager is very concerning and his presence makes things moving on. One of the waiters didn't reply me once. It was the same by the main restaurant's bar. Drinks are many but low alcoholic.

Pool bar in the second row :
Better to drink there, the drinks are not so cold. I the first day I've got a small injury on my thorough cause the icy beer drunk in the main restaurant. I've solve it with propolis (buy it home, in Egypt maybe you wouldn't find it). The pool was allmost empty, just a couple was there. You can think it's your own private pool.

Beach bar
To avoid drinking on plastic cups washed improperly on the beach, get yourself from home single use plasic cups. They are washing the plastic cups on the beach but I think it's no hygienic to drink after all.

The room was nice. As depicted in hotels website. Furniture is not the last in trends but appropriate. In the bathroom the tiles aren't quite well fixed, a pity for a so nice building (there are 5 or 6 buildings in the firs row and many across the street, in the second court or row). The terrace is open, you can be seen every moment by a passer. The sink wasn't cleaned during our stay, the tiles wasn't cleaned too. Dust, sand and some long hair could be noticed in every corner of the bathroom since our arrival (my wife is loosing hair but she got short hair). I suppose that for a small tip (little money as do Egyptians say) that issue could be solved but I never saw or meet our cleaning boy ( wasn't a cleaning lady, women don't work, usually).

The Internet is very expensive by this hotel. For a week you got to pay more than 120 USD. Instead of this, you may buy home roaming internet or you may go to a neighboring bar (Cafee Elmesa) located across the third hotel on your right ( Steigenberger) where you'll get it for free (course you got to pay the drinks) but this wifi is unreliable.

Maybe Hilton Resort Hurghada is not the best that money can buy but was for a fair price. Back home Hilton is richer but more expensive. I recommend it for couples without children how rather travel to the sites and spend money for nice souvenirs and gifts. Pictures or movies you can find on my Picassa and Youtube account, by request.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Calin S
Dear Guest,

First, let me seize the opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Hurghada Resort. Taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with the Hotel and your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. We rely on you, our valuable guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Kindly note that all your comments have been brought up to the Hotel’s Management and appropriate action will be taken wherever necessary and applicable.

In closing, I would like to assure you that this is not our norm in Hilton Hurghada Resort and counting on your understanding to accept our sincerest apology for any inconvenience caused.

Looking forward to welcoming you to the Hilton Hurghada Resort and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Kindest regards,

Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Reviewed September 30, 2011

Good parts:
-nice location; the stores are near by, close to the city, and the hotel is right on the beach
-the water and the beach are very nice; the time spent by the sea is great.

Bad parts:
-the food; especially for the meat lovers there is hardly any meat ( the meat they have is the same everyday, mostly same cheap beef sausages, served 3 times a day). There is plenty of salads, most of them (the same ones) served 3 times a day as well.
-lunch time; there are only 2 hr for lunch for so many people, thats way you have to stay in a long line every day; it is ridiculous for a 5 stars hotel to make your customers wait in the line for food every lunch for 20 min. It so easy to extend the lunch hours to avoid this crowd....
-the receptionists are terrible, I heard the story about them and it happen the same thing to me: when u arrive they give you the worst room they have, no matter what reservation u have, they do that in order to make you pay 5-10 euro to them so that they promisse you that next day they will give you a better room. You go next day, there is a different guy by the desk, you have to pay this one as well, he tells you to come at noon when the guests are leaving the rooms. You come back later...so pretty much you waste your first day with these awful guys, give them money and you end up with almost the same kind of room.

Conlusion: it was a nice vacation, the hotel is ok, better than most of them in Hurgada. If they would improve the food quality and they would have more profesional workers (even the guys at the bar are useless, sometimes you wait for a beer 10 minutes) this can be a great hotel...they are all friendly and smilling, but useless, instead of helping you they are asking milions of questions about you or your country.

Room Tip: 10 euro in the pasport
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
HiltonHurghada, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Resort, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Dear Valuable Guest,

Many thanks for your Trip Advisor review and constructive comments. It iss through the feedback we receive from our valued guests like your kind self that we manage to improve & address shortfalls encountered.

Kindly note that we have taken notes of your detailed comments, and please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience encountered. Please rest assured that we will ensure necessary corrective measures are taken wherever applicable.

I do hope that the inconvenience caused does not deter you from visiting us once again in the near future and giving the team of Hilton Hurghada Resort another opportunity. I would like to assure you that we will always endeavor to meet your expectations, as servicing you as a valued guest will remain always our greatest achievement.

Once again, thank you for your time and looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Personal Assistant to General Manager
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Thanks to all the staff special house keepink and front offoce.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Mahmoud84
Dear Valuable Guest,

First allow me to express our deepest appreciation for the time you have spared to post your feedback on TripAdvisor public website. We greatly appreciate any feedback made by our guests since it will serve as a further source of inspiration for us to achieve the highest standard of hospitality excellence.

As one of the Hilton Hurghada Resort team members and on behalf of all my colleagues, I sincerely thank you for your over whelming comments on the level of services we have managed to deliver to your good self during your stay at our resort, your home away from home.

Personal Assistant to General Manager
MOSCOW
Reviewed September 4, 2011

I had an excellent impression about everything in this hotel. First time I stayed in Hilton in July 2011. In August I vizited it again. The staff is very friendly, comfort modern interior. I have an intention to vizit it again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
dongobouta, Manager at Hilton Hurghada Resort, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
Dear Sir/Madam,

We greatly appreciate any feedback made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us at the Resort and that you were satisfied with the services provided to your good self through out your stay amongst us.

Kindly rest assured that the satisfaction of our valued guests such as your good self is & will always remain our greatest aim.

Best Regards,

Fax :- 00-2- 065 346 50 35
Email:- sherine.ahmed@hilton.com
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2011

The only thing, this hotel has in common with the others entitled "Hilton", is it´s name...We have stayed in the hotel in August, 17-21 and our holiday was like a bad dream. First, we came at 7 a.m. and got the room at 8 o´ clock, which was pretty OK. However, after waiting for 20 minutes in the room for the luggage, we gave up and went to the main building to have a breakfast. Much to our surprise, the guy at the reception refused to provide us with the orange wrist band indicating we are entitled to get all inclusive package! He also added, that we will NOT get the breakfast and the first food we are entitled to is a lunch at 1 p.m. !!! In other words, we were left hungry and thirsty for 5 hours!!! After this unbelievable beginning, we went back to room equipped with the old, used furniture without any chair nor table, got old and used beach towels and tried to find an empty beach bed with umbrella, no success! Finally we ended at the beach part belonging to the "Grand Plaza" hotel that was half empty. The lunch was a nightmare, with plenty of people standing in the cue in front of the restaurant for some 10 minutes before getting free table. However, there was nobody to get you seated...The food was a real disaster - pasta and french fries with ketchup (!) as a main course every day (also for the dinner), always the same fish (sea bass, I guess) while the Red Sea was just behind the corner, and desserts were just taken out from the freezer and sometimes not get time to freeze out completely, so it was difficult to cut them even with the knife. Simply horrible, it had nothing to do with the name "Hilton". We had no chance to taste any traditional and original Egyptian food, there was total lack of any seafood and/or unusual fish, not to mention any homemade Arabian sweets. The service in the restaurant was very poor with the lazy and non-professional staff, tables were often without any cutlery (and cups for breakfast), there was nobody to ask you, what would you like to drink for dinner, so we had to go to the bar and when we came back to our table, the waiter has already taken my fork and give to other client complaining he is missing one...It was really disappointing and sometimes even unbelievable!
The beach is small, overcrowded and stinks of oil and petrol from the boats parking just few meters from sunbeds. There is nothing to see either on the beach nor under the water, any sea life is dead from the spilled oil and petrol, only gray stones with dead corals are left. Good swimmers may dare to swim farther to the sea where you can find some modest "coral reefs" with some fishes. However, be careful, there are plenty of boats crossing over.
Overall, this hotel is a 3-star hostel not a 5-star Hilton. We were very disappointed and we never come back again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank John E
dongobouta, Manager at Hilton Hurghada Resort, responded to this review, August 30, 2011
Dear Sir:

Please allow me to thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Hurghada Resort and for taking the time to fill in our web based guest questionnaire.

We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards. Many thanks for your feedback.

I am very pleased that you have enjoyed some of the services provided to your good self at the Resort. We place great value on your continued relationship with Hilton.

However, based on your feedback concerning the food variety, I am concerned to notice that you are dissatisfied .Accordingly, Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience and rest assured that your comment has been reported to concerned department heads for necessary action, where applicable.

Sherine Ahmed