3,791 results
All reviews mr kannan greek restaurant soma bay cafe stella atrium bar azur bar a la carte restaurants thomas cook point break koi carp quiet zone mattress topper spa pool animation team main restaurant kite surfing horse riding
Selected filters
Reviewed April 16, 2019 via mobile

To review in two words - INCREDIBLY AMAZING!!!
Myself and my fiancée recently returned from palm royale where we had the most amazing two weeks in paradise. The staff, the location, and even the hotel itself are absolutely second to none. From the very moment we entered the premises right up until we were on our way home we found ourselves being treated like royalty at palm royale. As we walked into the atrium for the first time we were absolutely stunned by the awe inspiring beauty of what awaited us. The detail in the decoration, the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, the level of cleanliness, the next level quality of food (omg - the food!!) (I came home a stone heavier ) I really cannot speak highly enough of the entire package. The gardens are beautiful and very well looked after by the gardeners, they even gave my partner flowers every couple of days. There’s ample space to kick back and relax in the sun and when the beach gets too hot there is a choice of pools to cool down in and the sea is so inviting. As someone who doesn’t swim very well I was in the sea every day with the fish swimming around my feet and there’s a peaceful quiet area a little further up the beach which is perfect for a good book and a pina colada or 3! (Speaking of which the pina colada is a must try!) upon further adventuring we found the photo booth by the beach where you can find Mohammed and Alex who offer professional photo shoots around the hotel and grounds and I personally cannot thank Mohammed enough for going well above and beyond to help me plan my wedding proposal while we were there ❤️. The photos are well worth having done, we are more than impressed! There is also the aqua centre on the beach where Ali ha ha and Raslan are located and for anyone wanting to book boat trips, fishing, snorkelling, quad biking, and heaps more, these are the guys to go and see. Book directly with them on the beach - they are extremely accommodating. We had a snorkelling trip out on the reefs booked with Ali ha ha and it was amazing! The resort also boasts its own diving centre, beauty parlour, gym, small shopping centre, and spa (the massages are highly recommended) and also a stable where there are horses and Casanova the camel which you can ride and the new addition - a foal born less than a week ago . There is no shortage of choice of bars and eateries with even having 4 a la carte restaurants to choose between. We enjoyed a private meal by the beach for my partners birthday which was hosted by a personal butler and was 6 courses, including the best fillet steak ever! The reception staff were fantastic, as is Natalie newton who is British guest relations staff - nothing is too much trouble for them. (Thanks for all your help). We became very friendly with numerous bar staff and waiters (Carlos, Fady, and Ahmed are some of our personal faves) and of course Mohammed the life guard on the beach! It’s a daily occurrence to see the hotel manager and his entire management team meeting and greeting guests and making sure they have everything they desire, regardless of how busy they are. I feel like I have missed so much and so many people who deserve to be mentioned here but all in all the eye for detail and the level of dedication has to be seen to be believed. I never understood how people can keep going on holiday to the same place until we visited palm royale at soma bay but it’s been an eye opener for me and we will definitely be returning in the not so distant future! If you have been on the website looking at pictures I can tell you no picture will do palm royale justice, it really needs to be seen for yourself. My apologies to anyone or anything I have failed to mention here and we can’t wait to see you all again! ❤️❤️

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Stephen B
PRManagement-team, Manager at SENTIDO Palm Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Stephen B,

The entire team from SENTIDO Palm Royale, Soma Bay, would like to thank you very much for your excellent, detailed review and for sharing your “incredibly amazing” holiday experience at our luxurious resort. We are delighted to hear that we even exceeded your expectations and that you were completely satisfied with all luxury facilities we are offering; the beautiful and well maintained hotel grounds and garden areas, the comfortable and immaculately cleaned rooms, the delicious and great variety of food served in all of our restaurants and the friendly and courteous service from all of our hard working staff; especially those mentioned in your review. Rest assured that we will continue to provide the best possible service to all of our valued guests. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon at our little paradise. Many congratulations from the whole team at SENTIDO Palm Royale on your engagement!

Reviewed April 16, 2019

Returned here 22nd March for a two week holiday to celebrate my wife's special birthday, accompanied by our 25 year old son. Check in quick, both rooms allocated excellent with fruit and cake on arrival. During our stay all the staff looked after us in every area of the hotel, nothing was too much trouble for anyone. The new look gym is the best equipped we have used in a hotel anywhere and the gym staff were always there ready for early opening, arranged by Mr Kannan. The Stella restaurant we found to be much improved in choice, quality and in the main piping hot. Mohamed Sharat our waiter looked after us superbly. Chef Ali provided some special dishes of broth, steak, sea bass and jelly when asked......such wonderful attention to detail. We visited 3 al la carte restaurants Lebanese, Asian and Italian all very good for a change of venue and quality of the food again superb. On the day of my wife's birthday the staff decorated our parasol and sunbed with balloons , streamers etc, and a number of them sang happy birthday in more than one language to make the day special . Milo organised the chant and allowed casonova the camel to take centre stage on the photos. We dined at the Asian on Debbie's birthday, again service was superb, table decorated, beautiful cake and staff sang happy birthday. Excellent food and wine. Faddy in Jonnys bar was very attentive and his willingness to learn how to make our special gin and tonics was appreciated ....in his words..."check it out" if it wasn't just right he'd change it. We met lots of returning guests and without doubt for value for money, quality and service look no further. We will certainly be back in the not too distant future.

Room tip: All good as each other
Date of stay: March 2019
1  Thank Kevin M

Dear Kevin M,

The entire team from SENTIDO Palm Royale Resort, Soma Bay, would like to thank you very much for your excellent review of your enjoyable holiday at our luxurious Resort. It is an honor for us to welcome back our loyal repeater guests and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed all of the luxury facilities we are providing; the delicious and great variety of food served in all of our restaurants, our top of the range fitness center and the friendly and courteous service from all of our hard working staff, especially those you mentioned in your review. Rest assured that we will continue to provide the best possible service to all of our valued guests. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon at your second home!

Sunny greetings from our little paradise,

Reviewed April 16, 2019 via mobile

Myself and my husband were at this hotel the week before Xmas 2018. We thoroughly enjoyed 7 relaxing days here....this was our first time in Egypt and certainly won't be the last. We did a couple of excursions all through our thomas cook rep and would defo recommend using him as he was cheaper than the guys on the beach for what we wanted. We did the tour which included swimming with wild dolphins... This included all food and equipment and my husband also went scuba diving on this tour.... It was amazing..... The other tour we did was a private trip to cairo.... It was just myself, my husband, a driver and an egyptolgist. I would most definitely recommended paying the extra and doing the private trip as we were not restricted with time or made to wait while others did things we did not want to do.... We left at 3am and returned at 10pm and it was worth every hour and minute... We visited the cairo museum, the pyramids of giza, the sphinx, had a private boat trip on the nile.. Went to a papyrus museum and a perfume shop.... All in all it was an amazing day and one I won't forget for a long time.

The hotel is extremely luxurious, the food is amazing, the drinks keep flowing. All in all it was an amazing week for us and we will be back.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pjm1396

Dear Pjm1396,

The entire team from SENTIDO Palm Royale, Soma Bay, would like to thank you very much for your excellent review and for sharing your enjoyable holiday experience at our luxurious resort. We are delighted to hear that you were completely satisfied with all of our luxury facilities we are offering at our beautiful resort and even enjoyed some amazing excursions that we are offering here in sunny Egypt. Rest assured that we will continue to provide the best possible service to all of our valued guests. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon at our little paradise the "Place Like No Other”.

Reviewed April 16, 2019

I recently spent a week at the Palm Royal with my mum and we had a such a lovely, relaxing break. The hotel is extremely luxurious and there was no shortage of staff always at the ready to ensure that we had everything we needed.
Also on our first day, Natalie the Guest Relations manager introduced herself to us as we were sitting around the pool and made it clear that if we needed any assistance or advice then we should let her know. We also got to meet Natalie's parents who were visiting along with another group of people from Liverpool and who were such lovely people and we all shared the odd tipple in the bar some evenings.
The food was amazing with so much choice and we also used up 2 of our complimentary tickets to eat out in the Lebanese and Greek restaurants. Unfortunately we didn't get around to sampling the Italian and Asian but the feedback from other holiday makers was that they were equally as good.
We also had 3 complimentary spa treatments, a full body, head and shoulder massage along with a facial. These were so good that we then went on to have a further 2 more of the same.
Would also praise the waiters (especially Carlos and Fadi) who were very attentive and always smiling and nothing was too much trouble. The same can be said for all of the waiters, cleaning and reception staff as they always greeted us with a smile and a greeting.
The entertainments team were also great and who did their best to get everyone involved and managed to get me and my mum doing Aquagym in the sea which was a first for us,
I would certainly recommend this hotel and is great if its a relaxing, get away from it all break you're in need of.
My only criticism is that the food was just too good and now I'm struggling to shift the excess weight I'm now carrying!

Room tip: We had a sea view room and the balcony was a good size
Date of stay: April 2019
1  Thank Debbiecoyle
PRManagement-team, Manager at SENTIDO Palm Royale, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2019

Dear Debbiecoyle,

The entire team from SENTIDO Palm Royale, Soma Bay, would like to thank you very much for your excellent review and for sharing your enjoyable holiday experience at our luxurious resort. We are delighted to hear that you were completely satisfied with all luxury facilities we are offering; the beautiful and well maintained hotel grounds and garden areas, the delicious and great variety of food served in all of our restaurants, our very entertaining Animation Team and the friendly and courteous service from our hard working staff; especially those you mentioned in your review. Rest assured that we will continue to provide the best possible service to all of our valued guests. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon at our little paradise.

Reviewed April 16, 2019

this was our first trip to Egypt, staying for 10 days at the palm royale hotel.
It is a 'very fancy' hotel (quote from my 7 yr old), very clean, very nice welcome by the staff.
It was not busy when we arrived so felt like the whole place was ours (30% capacity I was told!). We had a large family room which was so big, our 2 kids had their own room with TV, my wife and I had our own massive room with balcony overlooking the sea. It was very quiet (Cleopatra wing) which sited us perfect.
2 things to mention:
1. The AC didn't work at all in the 10 days we were there. Speaking to other guests, they had the same issues too, so we were provided a fan.
2. the window in the kids room was very large, could open all the way with no guard or balcony, so we had to keep it locked otherwise who know s what may have happened (3rd floor)?

The staff were sooooo friendly. They love kids and were very good at treating them like royalty the whole time.

Food was very nice and so much choice with themes in the main restaurant every night. They didn't quite do the 'themes' authentically ie, Italian and Mexican food was almost there but the little touches were missing (sour cream, avocado, antipasti, cheeses etc were missing).

The pools were empty most of the week. I think they had not switched the heat on so they were colder than we thought hey would be, the kids pool was the warmest but the main pool Id say was under 15 degrees all week.

The beach was immaculate. Lovey beds and a bar near by to get drinks too.One thing I didn't like was being hassled by people selling me trips and services, for the first few days it was exhausting having them come up all the time and I would have preferred being left alone. I found out here was a quiet section further down the beach, this is where the sellers don't go.

It was 5 star all over, the facilitates and restaurants were very clean and maintained to the highest standard. We were treated like kings and queens and would defo go back in a few years.

Room tip: Cleopatra wing is the sea view side.
Date of stay: April 2019
1  Thank mrleighjones

Dear Mrleighjones,

The entire team from SENTIDO Palm Royale, Soma Bay, would like to thank you very much for your excellent review and for sharing your enjoyable holiday experience at our “fancy hotel”. We are pleased to hear that you were completely satisfied with most of luxury facilities we are offering; the comfortable and immaculately cleaned rooms, the delicious and great variety of food served in all of our restaurants, the friendly and courteous service from our hard working staff and our stunning sandy beach with direct access to the beautiful Red Sea. Rest assured that your feedback has been noticed and we always aim to improve so we can provide the best possible service to all of our valued guests. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again at our little paradise.