3,797 results
All reviews mr kannan greek restaurant soma bay cafe stella atrium bar azur bar a la carte restaurants thomas cook point break koi carp quiet zone mattress topper spa pool animation team main restaurant kite surfing horse riding
Selected filters
Reviewed April 16, 2019 via mobile

Myself and my husband were at this hotel the week before Xmas 2018. We thoroughly enjoyed 7 relaxing days here....this was our first time in Egypt and certainly won't be the last. We did a couple of excursions all through our thomas cook rep and would defo recommend using him as he was cheaper than the guys on the beach for what we wanted. We did the tour which included swimming with wild dolphins... This included all food and equipment and my husband also went scuba diving on this tour.... It was amazing..... The other tour we did was a private trip to cairo.... It was just myself, my husband, a driver and an egyptolgist. I would most definitely recommended paying the extra and doing the private trip as we were not restricted with time or made to wait while others did things we did not want to do.... We left at 3am and returned at 10pm and it was worth every hour and minute... We visited the cairo museum, the pyramids of giza, the sphinx, had a private boat trip on the nile.. Went to a papyrus museum and a perfume shop.... All in all it was an amazing day and one I won't forget for a long time.

The hotel is extremely luxurious, the food is amazing, the drinks keep flowing. All in all it was an amazing week for us and we will be back.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pjm1396
PRManagement-team, Manager at SENTIDO Palm Royale, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2019

Dear Pjm1396,

The entire team from SENTIDO Palm Royale, Soma Bay, would like to thank you very much for your excellent review and for sharing your enjoyable holiday experience at our luxurious resort. We are delighted to hear that you were completely satisfied with all of our luxury facilities we are offering at our beautiful resort and even enjoyed some amazing excursions that we are offering here in sunny Egypt. Rest assured that we will continue to provide the best possible service to all of our valued guests. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon at our little paradise the "Place Like No Other”.

Reviewed April 16, 2019

I recently spent a week at the Palm Royal with my mum and we had a such a lovely, relaxing break. The hotel is extremely luxurious and there was no shortage of staff always at the ready to ensure that we had everything we needed.
Also on our first day, Natalie the Guest Relations manager introduced herself to us as we were sitting around the pool and made it clear that if we needed any assistance or advice then we should let her know. We also got to meet Natalie's parents who were visiting along with another group of people from Liverpool and who were such lovely people and we all shared the odd tipple in the bar some evenings.
The food was amazing with so much choice and we also used up 2 of our complimentary tickets to eat out in the Lebanese and Greek restaurants. Unfortunately we didn't get around to sampling the Italian and Asian but the feedback from other holiday makers was that they were equally as good.
We also had 3 complimentary spa treatments, a full body, head and shoulder massage along with a facial. These were so good that we then went on to have a further 2 more of the same.
Would also praise the waiters (especially Carlos and Fadi) who were very attentive and always smiling and nothing was too much trouble. The same can be said for all of the waiters, cleaning and reception staff as they always greeted us with a smile and a greeting.
The entertainments team were also great and who did their best to get everyone involved and managed to get me and my mum doing Aquagym in the sea which was a first for us,
I would certainly recommend this hotel and is great if its a relaxing, get away from it all break you're in need of.
My only criticism is that the food was just too good and now I'm struggling to shift the excess weight I'm now carrying!

Room tip: We had a sea view room and the balcony was a good size
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Debbiecoyle
PRManagement-team, Manager at SENTIDO Palm Royale, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2019

Dear Debbiecoyle,

The entire team from SENTIDO Palm Royale, Soma Bay, would like to thank you very much for your excellent review and for sharing your enjoyable holiday experience at our luxurious resort. We are delighted to hear that you were completely satisfied with all luxury facilities we are offering; the beautiful and well maintained hotel grounds and garden areas, the delicious and great variety of food served in all of our restaurants, our very entertaining Animation Team and the friendly and courteous service from our hard working staff; especially those you mentioned in your review. Rest assured that we will continue to provide the best possible service to all of our valued guests. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon at our little paradise.

Reviewed April 16, 2019

this was our first trip to Egypt, staying for 10 days at the palm royale hotel.
It is a 'very fancy' hotel (quote from my 7 yr old), very clean, very nice welcome by the staff.
It was not busy when we arrived so felt like the whole place was ours (30% capacity I was told!). We had a large family room which was so big, our 2 kids had their own room with TV, my wife and I had our own massive room with balcony overlooking the sea. It was very quiet (Cleopatra wing) which sited us perfect.
2 things to mention:
1. The AC didn't work at all in the 10 days we were there. Speaking to other guests, they had the same issues too, so we were provided a fan.
2. the window in the kids room was very large, could open all the way with no guard or balcony, so we had to keep it locked otherwise who know s what may have happened (3rd floor)?

The staff were sooooo friendly. They love kids and were very good at treating them like royalty the whole time.

Food was very nice and so much choice with themes in the main restaurant every night. They didn't quite do the 'themes' authentically ie, Italian and Mexican food was almost there but the little touches were missing (sour cream, avocado, antipasti, cheeses etc were missing).

The pools were empty most of the week. I think they had not switched the heat on so they were colder than we thought hey would be, the kids pool was the warmest but the main pool Id say was under 15 degrees all week.

The beach was immaculate. Lovey beds and a bar near by to get drinks too.One thing I didn't like was being hassled by people selling me trips and services, for the first few days it was exhausting having them come up all the time and I would have preferred being left alone. I found out here was a quiet section further down the beach, this is where the sellers don't go.

It was 5 star all over, the facilitates and restaurants were very clean and maintained to the highest standard. We were treated like kings and queens and would defo go back in a few years.

Room tip: Cleopatra wing is the sea view side.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank mrleighjones

Dear Mrleighjones,

The entire team from SENTIDO Palm Royale, Soma Bay, would like to thank you very much for your excellent review and for sharing your enjoyable holiday experience at our “fancy hotel”. We are pleased to hear that you were completely satisfied with most of luxury facilities we are offering; the comfortable and immaculately cleaned rooms, the delicious and great variety of food served in all of our restaurants, the friendly and courteous service from our hard working staff and our stunning sandy beach with direct access to the beautiful Red Sea. Rest assured that your feedback has been noticed and we always aim to improve so we can provide the best possible service to all of our valued guests. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again at our little paradise.

Reviewed April 14, 2019 via mobile

So after a very stressful time at work I booked a last minute escape to the Palm Royale. I didn’t know what to expect as it’s always a bit scary travelling alone.
However, from the minute I walked into the reception area I knew I’d made the right decision.
The hotel and grounds were beautiful, my sea view room was very clean and comfortable, the food was gorgeous, and I can’t thank the staff enough for being so friendly, helpful and welcoming.
I would especially like to thank Hesham in the buffet restaurant for always taking time out to make sure I was happy, to Sami at the beach bar who always had my drink ready for when I reached the bar, to Mostafa on the beach for his humour and kindness every day, to Mohammed the photographer for taking care of me when I had a migraine, and to Mando from the animation team for making me laugh every day and getting me involved in aqua gym, yoga and the evening entertainment.
I had the best holiday and I left feeling relaxed and happy.
I can’t recommend this hotel enough.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank JoB1564
PRManagement-team, Manager at SENTIDO Palm Royale, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2019

Dear JoB1564,

The entire team from SENTIDO Palm Royale, Soma Bay, would like to thank you very much for your excellent review and for sharing your enjoyable holiday experience at our luxurious resort. We are delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations and that you were completely satisfied with all of the luxury facilities we are offering; the beautiful and well maintained hotel grounds and garden areas, the comfortable and immaculately cleaned rooms, the delicious and great variety of food served in all of our restaurants and the friendly and courteous service from our hard working staff; especially those you mentioned in your review. Rest assured that we will continue to provide the best possible service to all of our valued guests. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon at our little paradise.

Reviewed April 14, 2019

I'm writing this review on behalf of my mom who had vacation there with my sister on 4/6-4/13 (room 2115).
Pros and cons: big room, good sized balcony, very close to the beach. Beach is amazing. Probably the best in the area. Restaurant food was ok but nothing special. Very limited variety of fruits. Customer service: receptionists - 5*. Unfortunately it is not a case for others.Episode1:room was cleaned up but staff forgot to bring towels. My sister realized that there are no towels only after showering. She asked on a phone to bring towels to room but was ignored for at least 15 minutes(until she went to reception). Episode2:Restaurant waiter in the middle of full restaurant started yelling on my sister that she took salt shaker in the morning and she must return it. IT WAS EMBARRASSING!Advise to the management: install video cameras if you see that it is a problem with a guests or with a personal (I cannot deny that somebody may stole something).If you encountered theft - have this discussion in a person with a suspect.Why anyone should be publicly ashamed because some of you personal came to some conclusions? By the way, management DID NOT APOLOGY for that incident. Either it is so common that they event don't care OR they have a huge problems with customer relationship management. As a person who works in travel industry this hotel is "no-return" for me. If you cannot respect your clients - you should not be doing any kind of business that involve customer service.

Dear Iuliia T,

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear that we did not manage to fulfill all of your expectations. The entire team at SENTIDO Palm Royale is always doing it's very best to constantly improve our standards of all services provided to our esteemed guests and our main goal is to have very happy guests with best possible guest satisfaction. Rest assured that you will have a much better experience on your next vacation in our comfortable, relaxing Resort.