3,588 results
All reviews mr kannan greek restaurant soma bay cafe stella atrium bar azur bar a la carte restaurants thomas cook point break koi carp quiet zone mattress topper main restaurant kite surfing animation team spa pool horse riding
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Arrived back today, "we" are a family of 9, 3 generations aged from 14 to 77.
It was the most wonderful holiday to date.
There really isn't anything negative to write.

On arrival we were upgraded to supior rooms, we had 4 rooms in total and requested they be next to Each other and they were. They were large and tastefully decorated with a balcony.

The food was varied and plentiful, we ate in the main buffet style restaurant mostly but also tried the al La cart ones,we particularly liked the Asian and Italian.

The grounds,beach and sea are stunning.

The staff,including the reception, cleaners, bar, entertainers, couldn't do enough for you, always pleasant and polite and you got the feeling they enjoyed their work.

The spa staff were exceptionally good, best massages ever.

Natalie from guest relations was friendly and helpful and always around if you needed her.

We had a trip to Cairo with Beshure Limomes based at the hotel, felt totally safe and he provided a guide for the Egypt Museum, he listened to what we wanted and personalised the trip very well. It was well worth going privately rather than the usual travel agent tour.

Ali Hi Hi, based at the beach, organised a 2 hour quad biking session for the family, and we loved it so much we went again for 3 hours.
This was great fun, and we spent the entire time on the quads unlike some of the trips where you go for the day but only spend 45 mins on the quads!

New Years Eve was the best I've ever had.
The atmosphere was fun, fun, fun.
The detail the hotel went to was exceptional.
The room was decorated like a posh wedding, tables of 10. The food was fab, the entertainment and disco was great.
I never stopped dancing until they turned the music off at 2am, and I don't even drink!

We will be back.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Burnsclan1
PRManagement-team, Manager at SENTIDO Palm Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Dear Burnsclan1,
The entire team from the Sentido Palm Royale Resort, Soma Bay, would like to thank you very much for your excellent review and for sharing your enjoyable experience in our luxury Resort. We are delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations and that you were completely satisfied with all of the luxury facilities we are offering at our beautiful Resort. Rest assured that we will continue to provide the best possible service to all of our valued guests. We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back soon in our little paradise, Sentido Palm Royale, Soma Bay!

Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I stayed for 10 nights during September and October 2018.
We had a late check in due to our flights and were greeted with a cold drink. The reception area is lovely. Check in could have happened a little quicker considering there wasn't that many people or they could have asked us to take a seat and bring us over the forms to fill in whilst others were at the desk. We were given a room upgrade, no that I knew what had been upgraded, but the room had a nice pool view and was pleased it was in the main section of the hotel as I am not a beach fan.There was a bread roll, ham and cheese left in the room for us but it didn't look too pleasant so I went hungry.
The pool was lovely although needed some work to it - missing tiles here and there. The pool bar is popular but more could be made of this feature. Decorate it a bit more, music playing, Cocktail specials of the day. We really got on with the bar staff, they were friendly and worked so hard so they are a credit to the hotel. We did venture to the beach a couple of times and loved the feel on the beach.
The restaurants, the Lebanese and Asian were our favs! The Italian was a little disappointing (the pizza was better in the main restaurant). You could only book these at certain times and only so many days in advance which was irritating, would have sooner booked our holidays worth in one trip rather than messing about with it.
The main restaurant - a good selection of food and liked the theme nights but more of a song and dance could have been made of these. Missed my bacon in the morning but that was to be expected. I did get ill during our stay which was reported at the time. It was disappointing to get ill and we had to cancel one of trips because of it. I can only image this had come from something I ate as I was careful with the water/ ice and as a red head stay out of the sun in the shade. I did see children picking items up at the buffet stations and then putting them back again which staff can not help. There is hand sanitiser at the entrances to the resultants but sometimes these were empty.
Was disappointed we could not get into the spa so didnt make use of this facility but we did go to a local spa which was much cheaper anyway.
Over all this is a great hotel with great facilities that could do with a little modernisation to the rooms and some works to improve on what you already have.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
PRManagement-team, Manager at SENTIDO Palm Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Dear Jessica A,
The entire team from the Sentido Palm Royale Resort, Soma Bay, would like to thank you very much for your review and for sharing your experience in our luxury Resort. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed most of the luxury facilities we are offering at our beautiful resort. However, we are very sorry to hear that we did not meet all of your expectations. Rest assured that your feedback has been noticed and we always aim to provide the best possible service to all of our valued guests. Kindly be informed that we have not received any other complaints of guests becoming ill in our resort so this could not have been caused from the food as you mentioned. Please be assured that we are certified from international health and hygiene company, Cristal, from which we get spot checks every month and our results are always much higher than expected. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in our “place like no other” Sentido Palm Royale, Soma Bay!

Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed in this hotel June 2018 and we had a wonderful visit. The welcome we received was great and we where made to feel very relaxed and looked after. As we had a late flight the hotel had placed a cold meats and fruit etc in our room which was a lovely touch as we were all exhausted. The hotel is done to a beautiful standard and I must say our daughter of 8 was blown away by the Lobby area.
I cannot fault the setting, everything was so clean and well attended to. The beach was stunning, we didn't spend a single day by the pool as the beach was so lovely. I particularly loved the comfort of the sun loungers.
The only areas I would suggest do not live up to a 5* star resort is firstly the entertainment. Quite possible the worst we have experienced. This is by no means a reflection on the entertainment team as they work very hard, but there is only a few of them with very little to work with. Other resorts we have stayed in have different entertainment teams who come with a different show every night. The kids entertainment was very amature also, which is a real shame. Usually my husband and I would sit at the bar with a drink whilst our daughter enjoys the entertainment, however unfortunately you are unable to do this here due to the layout. Also you are not aloud to bring your drink to the seating area at the stage which seemed very strange to us.
Another issue we had was not being able to order drinks at the bar and take to our hotel room. I have no idea why this was not aloud, as often when our daughter naps early evening before dinner out we enjoy a few drinks on the balcony but here that was not option. Also the mini bar did not have a good choice of beverages. I was also shocked to discover that sparkling wine was not included in the all inclusive option.
As I said these where minor issues, but they did however impact on our holiday and we wouldn't return due to this as other 5* resorts do not these problems.
However we did have a wonderful holiday and the resort is beautiful. The food on offer is great as well and will not disappoint.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank elong86
PRManagement-team, Manager at SENTIDO Palm Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear elong86,
The entire team from the Sentido Palm Royale Resort, Soma Bay, would like to thank you very much for your positive review and for sharing your enjoyable experience in our luxury Resort. We are delighted to hear that you and your family were “blown away” by our beautiful hotel lobby and were looked after well by our wonderful, hardworking staff. However, we are very sorry to hear that we did not meet all of your expectations and that you were disappointed with our entertainment. Rest assured that your feedback has been noticed and we always aim to provide the best possible service to all of our valued guests. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in our “place like no other” Sentido Palm Royale, Soma Bay!

Reviewed 1 week ago

I've now stayed at this hotel twice and I think people will see from the percentages on tripadviser that most of guests have enjoyed this hotel with it beach side location 60 mins from the local airport. Firstly, the entrance to the hotel is the best I've seen and I must have stayed at in excess of 80 hotels on my travels (UK & abroad) but I could compare it to some of the cruise ships I've experienced and not just the reception area, the service you receive from the staff is very much of a high standard like you'd expect on a RC or P&O or NCL cruise, where the staff in whatever roll they have at the hotel they are always looking to do their best for ALL their customers & always pleasant and smiling 24/7, this hotel even does sometime at short notice taking in 200+ people when a flight is cancelled back to the UK is delayed/cancelled, not many hotels can do this and provide a superb service in doing so, the occasional guest wont appreciate what this hotel has to offer. The AI food is very enjoyable I went to the Italian, Asian twice and Greek once and enjoyed all my meals the chefs are so talented and such an asset to the hotel, while away it was my birthday so I did get treated to cake and singing by the hotel staff for breakfast and at my meals & was able share this with my lovely friends who I met about 6 years ago at another hotel. The choice of food in the main restaurant was really good at all meals times (I'm a salad fan so well pleased with what they offer and didn't have any issues with food, I ate everything I fancied from the extensive choices available along with the cooking stations, they can also cater for people with just about any allergy you can think of just speak to the chefs when you arrive) and I enjoy the evening when the food was cooked outside. The guy who looked after my room did leave me some towel art, suppose being a solo traveller (tidy traveller also ha ha) he'd time to do these, he was so pleasant on the rare occasion when i saw him attending to other rooms as I never really saw him when he was cleaning my room as he chose suitable times for me so I could also return and know it would be done. All the bar staff were fab and made some lovely drinks from milkshakes at the beach bar or cocktails in the main area of the hotel in the evening or side bar. There was some good entertainment a great lady who sang one evening just outside, some performers and the animation team so plenty to do in the evenings when you have had your meal or just sit and enjoy some piano music in the main area I would mention names but there are too many wonderful staff who made my stay so relaxing and enjoyable and the snorkelling trip Ali Ali organises for guests is great just around the corner from the hotel other trips are available but most go via Hurghada - so it is so convenient he also organises other trips. Since my trip in November I've seen further progress being made by the management who are always looking at ways to improve on what they provide guests and they offer achievement awards to staff for performance and I think they celebrate staff birthdays as well, when people are working away from their families they need to be part of a genuine team and this is what you get at this hotel. Well done all those concerned. I loved the beach, spa area as well and the treatments I had in the spa compliments of TC and would pay for these another time when the offer is no longer available. The hotel is also clean and tidy and the beach is well looked after.

Room tip: Higher floors have slightly better views
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
4  Thank dreamacer2005

Dear Dreamacer2005,
The entire team from the Sentido Palm Royale Resort, would like to thank you very much for your excellent review and for sharing your enjoyable experience in our luxury Resort. We are delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations with our beautiful hotel and grounds, our friendly and courteous service from all of our hard working staff, the delicious and great variety of food served in all of our restaurants and all other luxury facilities we are offering at our beautiful Resort. Rest assured that we will continue to provide the best possible service to all of our valued guests. We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you again soon in our “place like no other” Sentido Palm Royale, Soma Bay!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Currently staying here until the 17th Jan... we were meant to be going to Thailand but had to change last minute and when my friend ( travel agent) recommended Palm Royale we thought why not as we have never been to Egypt before, it’s obvious quieter at this time of year but we are glad of this as just want to chill out after a horrible crazy year, All the staff are very friendly and can’t do enough for you, The food is amazing and one of the best all inclusive hotels we have stayed at.
For anyone looking to come to Hurghada I would highly recommend staying here.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank donna d

Dear Donna D,
The entire team from the Sentido Palm Royale Resort, Soma Bay, would like to thank you very much for your excellent review and for sharing your enjoyable experience in our luxury Resort. We are delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations and that you are enjoying your vacation. Rest assured that we will continue to provide the best possible service to all of our valued guests. If we can assist you further during your stay please do not hesitate to contact us at any time. Have a wonderful holiday!