3,495 results
All reviews mr kannan greek restaurant soma bay cafe stella atrium bar azur bar thomas cook a la carte restaurants point break koi carp quiet zone mattress topper animation team kite surfing main restaurant spa pool horse riding
Reviewed 1 week ago

Feel I am endorsing or rubber stamping everything that has been said, the hotel is truly wonderful. Everybody is very friendly from hierarchy to gardeners. Extremely clean. food such a choice, no one would go hungry, the al a carte restaurants were all excellent. Mostafa has his watchful eye on everything checking guests are satisfied in all the restaurants. His right hand man in the main restaurant Nazih works like a whirlwind to make diners comfortable. All the bar staff, beach bars, lobby bar, Jonny's bar were so pleasant and friendly. The entertainment staff tried their best but possibly need more experience. The pianist in the lobby bar was good but needs a daily change of repertoir, a few more modern pieces If anything was below par maybe the bedrooms and bathroom need updating but who goes on holiday to stay in the room they were still spotlessly clean. Beach was immaculate, always nice towels available. Anyone going to this hotel can't fail to enjoy the surroundings, friendliness of staff. Special thank you to Mostafa, whom we recognised from a hotel in Sharm for his company and kindness.

• Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GrecophileDurham
Office-Exec, Manager at SENTIDO Palm Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear GrecophileDurham,

Thank you very much for having chosen our luxury and relaxing resort for your precious holidays and for sharing your very positive comments with us, it’s really highly appreciated.
Our entire team of the Sentido Palm Royale Resort is very pleased that you took lots of lovely memories back home from your vacation and that you have enjoyed all our very good and dedicated services provided to you.
We are sending you sunny greetings from the Soma Bay, especially from Mr Mostafa and our entire Food & Beverage Team, and we all are looking forward of welcome you soon back again to our little Paradise.

Our warm and sunny greetings, the Management

Reviewed 1 week ago

I have been meaning to write this for several weeks as had a wonderful trip in early September.
This was a rather last minute break and was largely based on the excellent reviews already on TA and the price.
First impressions are that the hotel is beautifully kept and the staff are exceptionally welcoming.
I have stayed at a number of hotels in Egypt over many years and consider this to be at the top end.
The rooms are very comfortable and good-sized balconies with all the things you would usually expect. Perhaps the decor is a bit dated but then i prefer a more modern look so perhaps that was just me. To be honest as long as the room is clean and comfortable I don't really mind as one tends to spend very little time there
I didn't spend a great deal of time by the pool as I am more a beach person and i have to say the Palm Royale doesn't disappoint - the beach is beautifully peaceful and the sea warm and easy to get into from a lovely sandy beach. The beds are comfortable and plenty of them - and a smiling guy hands you a towel each morning. A little walk takes you to the beach bar for a drink - again the staff are excellent and very helpful.
I do recommend tipping if you can afford it but i didn't find any difference in the service you receive if you do or don't.
Drinks were plentiful and although non-branded I didn't find it a problem (I mainly stick to Gin or Vodka with a mixer).
The air of friendliness from the staff is everywhere in the hotel and really makes a difference - you are made to feel welcome.
I also found that if you are happy to lay on your bed sipping a drink and reading your book you are on the whole left alone - yes you are offered spa treatments or trips but you are certainly not hounded as i have found in some other resorts.
I didn't find it hard getting a bed on the beach (and yes some are reserved very early) but i tended to be on the beach fairly early usually by 9 ish. Though I have to say even later in the day you can usually find one.
If you are a pool fan then again the pool area is very nice and has a swim up bar - i did notice while at breakfast quite a few beds had already had belongings and towels dumped on them - so perhaps when very busy it might be a little harder to get a bed by the pool.
Food - this is always a very subjective issue - we all have very different tastes - I do think that some people who book all inclusive resorts sometimes expect the food to be of Michelin star standards and perhaps expect a bit too much for a hotel serving hundreds of people at similar times.
In terms of the buffet I thought it was of an excellent standard - a very wide range of choice for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You would I think be hard-pressed not to find something to your tastes. I also found the seating both inside and out a pleasant change from some other buffets restaurants in hotels I've stayed at (some resemble a school canteen and can be dreadfully noisy). Drinks are brought to the table for you - a glass of wine (the white and red were very drinkable) or beer or water - at busy times you might have a little time to wait for a drink but the waiter do their best to speed through the service and ensure people have a drink (if you don't fancy waiting for a refill) there are wines by the bottle etc to buy again quite reasonable range but of course depends on your personal budget.
The A La Carte restaurants are included (the number of times you can visit based on the length of your stay) - the menus clearly state what is included and what isn't in the all inclusive making it easy - again excellent service and great food.
I am not a big one for evening entertainment when I travel on my own - preferring a quiet drink, a bit of people watching and a book - so I can't speak to the entertainment on offer. The bars are excellent and again the staff can't do enough for you to be honest.
We all have different expectations of course and standards vary from country to country - but considering that this an all inclusive resort and rated by most tour operators as a five star I think that is a very fair rating.
Quite frankly for the level of service, the standard of food etc I think the Palm Royale is excellent value for money. I for one would return and hope to do so very soon.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled solo
6  Thank Tim D

Dear Tim D,

In the name of the entire team from the Sentido Palm Royale Resort, Soma Bay, I would like to thank you very much for your excellent review about all our services provided to you ; our very friendly and courteous staff and the very delicious and great variety of food served in all our Food & Beverage outlets.
Our stunning large garden areas, the very wide and soft sandy beach with direct access to the beautiful Red Sea, and all other luxury facilities we are offering to our honorable guests.
Rest assured that we all will continue to provide best possible service to all our esteemed guests.
Hopefully we can welcome you back soon again.

Our warm regards, The Management

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I'll start by saying i had a really nice holiday in a beautiful resort but there are things that could be addressed -

The animation team were lovely people but the entertainment just wasn't up to scratch, the shows would often start later than stated and just weren't that great. I don't expect world class entertainers but they could do a lot better.

The WiFi is poor unless you buy the Mifi box for 25euros.

Ali Hi Hi and the other excursion salesmen, guests love them because they don't know any different. I booked two excursions through a well known online provider and when i told Ali this he mocked it saying they were all completely fake and id be lucky if they turn up. Not only were the excursions a lot cheaper (£30 less for Luxor trip) they were perfect and had amazing service. The man at the beach hut asked me how much i paid for my quad biking excursion and when i told him £20 each he laughed in my face and said something about people being stupid. Well, i say you're a dinosaur & everything is now done online. A direct quote from Ali "all the online companies are fake you get a better personal service from me.... oh check me out on tripadvisor by the way, British people love me" .

The booking of the a la carte restaurants, do this immediately when you get to the resort, they get booked up rapidly and the business centre worker doesn't try to help you very much.

Now that's out the way i'd like to say thank you to all the staff that made the holiday enjoyable, in particular El Basiony Nabil aka 'Beso' in the dining room, he absolutely works his socks off and is a great man. The housekeeping team who do a fantastic job & all the front desk team who are happy pleasant people.

This resort is a beautiful place and ticks so many boxes, i don't wish for my negatives to seem like i didn't enjoy the hotel. The food is great, the pool and beach is amazing and the majority of the staff are lovely.

Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DeanGibson1

Dear DeanGibson1,

Thank you very much for having chosen our luxury and relaxing resort for your precious holidays and for giving us the honor to extend to you our high level of hospitality.
Our entire team is really pleased to know that you took lovely memories back home from your vacation and that you have enjoyed all our very good and dedicated services provided to you by all our employees and we have succeeded to meet your expectations.
Rest assured, we will pass your comments to the Hotel Management Team in order to improve the level of our valuable guests satisfaction with the excursion services and the animation team.
We all hope, that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again to our little Paradise in the near future.

Our warm greetings, the Management

Reviewed 1 week ago

Just returned from a short vacation. This time we had a rest in this wonderful hotel! The territory is large, green and clean. We settled quickly, the room is large with new furniture. Of course, immediately went to the sea! The sea is warm, but the main thing is that the entrance to it is sandy, compared to Sharm-Al-Sheikh, it is simply fabulously pleasant! Convenient for both children and adults. The food is good, the choice of dishes is rich. There are four Ala-Kart restaurants in which we immediately signed up and visited them, we really enjoyed it. The hotel is not boring, there are good animators (hi Diana, Sivo and Christine !!!))). We are active people, so we participated in all their programs. Especially liked their show on Halloween. In general, we liked everything! Just always tune in to the positive and do not look for any small flaws all day long and you will definitely like this hotel! We will definitely come again!!!

• Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Larisa121212

Dear Larisa121212,

In the name of the entire team from the Sentido Palm Royale Resort, Soma Bay, I would like to thank you very much for your excellent review about all our good services provided to you ;our very friendly and courteous staff and our great entertaining Animation Team. We are really happy to learn that you have enjoyed all our luxury facilities we are offering to our honorable guests , it’s really highly appreciated.
We will be very happy to extend to your precious family our high level of hospitality again and again in the future.

Kind regards from our sunny Paradise, The Management

Reviewed 1 week ago

Just returned from Egypt and, as always, were very pleased. Last time we rested in Sharm el-Sheikh, and now we have chosen this hotel on the recommendation of friends. The hotel is very big and clean. The territory is beautiful and cozy. The rooms are beautiful. The food is good, there are four restaurants La Carte, and we visited them all))). The sea is wonderful with a sandy beach, not as much as in Sharm-al-Sheikh ... I really liked the animation, although my friends did not talk about guys. We have participated in almost all of our programs. Just got on Halloween and the animators holiday show, it was very beautiful! Beautiful costumes and a whole dance performance. Thanks to Diana, Sivo and Cristina. Thanks to hotel management for a wonderful stay! I will recommend to everyone I know)))

• Stayed: October 2018, traveled with family

Dear werty-y12,

Your warm, honest and very positive comments are really highly appreciated. Our entire team from the Sentido Palm Royale Resort is really pleased that you took lovely memories back home from your vacation and that you have enjoyed all our very good and dedicated services provided to you by all our employees and we have succeeded to fulfill your high expectations.
We are sending you sunny greetings from the sunny Soma Bay, from our entire Team and especially from the Animation Team members you have mentioned, and we are hoping that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again to our little Paradise in the near future.

Our heartfelt greetings, the Management