3,352 results
All reviewsmr kannangreek restaurantsoma baycafe stellaatrium barazur barthomas cooka la carte restaurantspoint breakkoi carpquiet zonemattress topperanimation teamkite surfingmain restaurantspa poolhorse riding
Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

We had amazing time! Here is our summary of the vacation.

Rooms: really big, comfy and clean. There is a cattle (which is important to me because I love to drink my coffee in my room in the morning) and mini bar that they change every day. Maybe decoration is not my cup of tea, but other than that, rooms are excellent.

Pools: clean, there is always space, its well maintained. It is not crowded.

Beach:the best part of the hotel. And the best beach in Egypt. Long beach, clean location, amazing water.

Food: In the main restaurant the food is great. There is always plenty of choice, and everything is tasty. There is also an Italian chef in main restaurant, who is my favorite, his food was great and special recommendation for him .
There is 4 A la carte restaurants, and we had the best food in Asian. Also, we recommend checking out Greek restaurant on Wednesday/Saturday during greek night and special show.

Also, ice cream sucks in the hotel, find a better solution, or remove it.

Staff: The hotel is clearly understaffed, people work from 6am-1am, and I don’t understand why the management decided to do so. Our room was cleaned everyday in different time, sometimes even at 5pm which is really late for a hotel, but I think that man was the only one.

Drinks: Greetings for the bartender in the main pool, he was really nice, and his drinks were 10x better than ones at the beach bar. We only went to pool because of his great service, he clearly knew what he is doing.

Animation team: everyday the same program, its nothing exciting. Also not a fan of them trying to make you to go to the club with them.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ivanaaaa
Die_Hotelleitung, Manager at SENTIDO Palm Royale, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2018

Dear ivanaaaa,

thank you very much for having chosen our resort for your recent holidays and for sharing your honest and
detailed constructive comments with us. Our team is really pleased that you took lovely memories back home
from this wonderful and hospitable country and that you enjoyed your stay. With pleasure we will cascade your
appreciation for certain members of the team, sure this will give an additional motivation.
We are sending you sunny greetings from the Red Sea and are hoping to have the opportunity of welcoming you
back in our little paradise in the near future.
Best regards

Reviewed July 19, 2018

I have quite a number of negative comments about the sentido managing hotel Palme royale in soma bay Hurghada. I would like to stress that my comments concern sentido and not the Palme royale establishment itself, which has been constructed with the utmost regard for taste and guest comfort, though it might be outdated and-in the eyes of those who prefer more simple and modern interior design as I do- a bit “too much”. Sentido is the managing company. I will limit myself to a single anecdote that may give prospective guests an idea about what I mean when I say negative experience. I was a “soft all inclusive “guest which I assumed to “ include all but hard “ drinks that I don’t really like. I ordered a cappuccino and being a coffee addict and I presume expert, I told the waiter I didn’t like my drink because it had too little milk and too much water. I was flabbergasted by his answer that there are two coffee machines; one for all inclusive guests and one with extra charge shall I get you with extra charge where the milk is “better”? I asked him if he quite realized what his question meant, namely that the milk in the all inclusive machine was “doctored” or diluted with water to be exact. He went to fetch me a better cappuccino without answering. I don’t blame the waiter though, I think the workers are really hard working, poor guys trying to make a living, who are just carrying out the company policy.As I said before this is just one of many anecdotes.I just want to say my experience there can be summarized by: if you don’t pay extra charge for everything, you get an inferior service and quality in this place as long as it is run by this inferior quality management.

6  Thank hanaaadib287

Dear hanaaadib287,

we would like to thank you for your review and for having chosen our resort for your recent vacation.
Please be informed that the cappuccino, which we are providing for our guests is of the best quality by the international company
of Nestle and extra charged coffee is made from imported Lavazza, communicated in the entitlement form handed out upon check in We do certainly recall this situation at the Lobby Bar, where our Bar Manager himself offered you to make a new cappuccino for you with additional milk, after you had complained that there is not enough milk inside.This offer was unfortunately rejected as well as the offered meeting with the Director of F&B. However in our opinion, not being satisfied with our services is not justifying the insult of members of staff or Managers.

We wish you all the best and please give our kind regards also to Marysbakhoum

Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

This is the worst hotel I've ever been to in my whole life and I've been to 3 stars hotels before that are alot better than this one.
The swiming pool is disgusting and not clean.

The food looks like they mix leftovers with sauce .

The service is the worst. And I felt humiliated by the employees.

I was once sitting in my room and suddenely the mini bar guy opened the door whithout even knocking on the door.

The decoration of the hotel is the worst. It's too much that it hurts your eyes.

The furniture is very old and cheap.

And for the egyptians there is no "shatafa" in the rooms.
And when you call the room service the guy who answers will tell you "English please".

..?Really

It's an hotel in egypt and they make a guy who doesn't understand arabic answers the phone.

There all inclusive is a joke. You can't eat on the beach or on the pool for free although you pay for all inclusive. So you have to go to the main restaurant during certain times to eat.

And on the last day our flight was at 9 pm so we were going to leave the hotel at 7:30 pm and they tell us you can't eat after 12 pm. You'll have to pay. What kind of all inclusive is this!

4  Thank marysbakhoum

Dear Marysbakhoum

Thank you for your comment and for choosing our resort for your recent holiday.
We are disappointed to learn that we did not meet your expectations.
Kindly be informed that our rooms are equipped with bidets, which is for the same purpose as a Shatafah. Our All inclusive is ending as per contract at 12.00 noon, which is communicated prior to each booking. Check-in time is 2 PM, but you and your family members were granted an early check in at 8.00 AM. Check-out time is 12.00 Noon, but you and your family members were granted a late check-out at 4 PM. The Front Office agent had to refer back to the management, when you were asking for a free lunch (after check out, not included), generously, you and your family were granted a free lunch as well.

You posted your review, while still staying in the hotel and not after having checked-out, as written.

We can proudly say,that we have a huge amount of satisfied guests, feeling happy and very satisfied with all our services,
which can be easily seen with our very successful ranking from our guests reviews. Expectations are different, our resort is obviously not matching your needs. Therefore, we would not have been insulted, if you would have decided to change to another hotel, in order to enjoy your vacation. We wonder why you did not contact the management earlier for assistance, as you obviously did not like our services and Resort from the beginning, and you did not change the hotel, considering your holidays as a real precious time, which you should have spent in a place you feel more comfortable.

Additionally and finally, we consider insulting the staff, calling them stupid, as very inappropriate.

However, we wish you all the very best for your future holidays in another hotel and please give our kind regards to hanaaadeeb287

Reviewed July 17, 2018

We had sea views. Everything was close, and the choice of meals was admirable. It was great fun and I would go back there again immediately. The friendly staff always helped us and everyone was willing.

Room Tip: Sea view recommended
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Smile P
Die_Hotelleitung, Manager at SENTIDO Palm Royale, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

Dear Smile P,

thank you for your positive review. We are pleased to learn that you have entirely enjoyed your stay with us and took such sweet memories back home.
We hope to be your host in the near future again and wish you a lovely time until your possible next visit.
Sunny greetings

Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

I and my mom stayed for 1 week mainly because of kiteboarding. This was my second stay at this hotel( we also were here last year).

Rooms:
The room we stayed in was big, clean and had a big balcony. The AIR CONDITION was however terrible as it only worked if we were in the room which resulted the room being really warm when we came from all day kiteboarding/sunbathing. The furniture was also outdated and old but as mentioned everything was clean.

Pool:
The pool is big and clean. Really lovely pool.

Beach:
One of the most Most beautiful beach in Egypt ( this was 14 stay in Egypt)

Staff: polite and friendly, lovely animation team, great pianist

Animations:
Good shows, especially the cobra show( need to pay extra but worth it)

Food:
Good variety, tasty. Unfortunately i got poisoned last day so It was bit annoying. Maybe it was ice from the drinks.
Also there are separate restaurants that are themed but we did not eat in them so I can’t say how they are.

Overall we had a great time would definitely come again but really wish that they renovate the rooms and fix the air conditioning.
And seriously renovate public bathrooms as they are also outdated and almost all the time dirty...

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Die_Hotelleitung, Manager at SENTIDO Palm Royale, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2018

Dear Sara C,

thank you for spending your vacation in our resort and for sharing your holiday experiences with others. Our team is pleased
to learn that you enjoyed your vacation with us. We are sorry that you were facing some stomach problems in your last day,
but you can rest assured that we are working as per international hygiene standards and the water for ice cubes is tested and
safe for consumption (kindly see certificates available at our website).
Upset stomachs in the months of the peak of the heat are unfortunately quite common and mainly related to the weather conditions,
sun exposure, the change of temperatures between outside and AC cooled indoor areas etc. etc. Especially when doing water sports
there is the need of drinking lots of fluid.
When planning your next vacation in Egypt, we would be glad to host you again in our little paradise.

Sunny greetings