3,494 results
All reviews mr kannan greek restaurant soma bay cafe stella atrium bar azur bar thomas cook a la carte restaurants point break koi carp quiet zone mattress topper animation team kite surfing main restaurant spa pool horse riding
Reviewed July 6, 2016 via mobile

we have been there for 4nights
pros:
1-very clean the lobby,restaurant,pool,bars
2-bottled cold water no dispenser
3-food was tasty in cafe stella and azur bar
4-room was nice and clean and our house keeper did his best 1128
5-the beach is very good
6-special thanks to mr Yasser F&b maneger,
mohsen lahzy who was very nice and helpful in &around the pool
cons:
1-there is no bracelet in the hotel so the staff had to ask u every time about ur number to check if ur room is all inclusive,they made us some times sign on what we ordered
2-no lifeguard at the pool or the beach ,
3-although the hotel wasn't full the waiter are too slow

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
2  Thank fiby89
Reviewed July 6, 2016 via mobile

Exells by huge gaps than any other place
you go to in all aspects and respect to the client . We went there for three consecutive years, and on the fourth went somewhere else only to regret it. I hope we can repeat the visit since we come back really rested and relaxed.

Stayed: June 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2016 via mobile

This was our 3rd visit to the Palm Royale this year making it a total of 10 visits to this amazing hotel. We have been there during the good times and the hard times never have the standards slipped at the Palm Royale. Believe me all of Egypt is suffering it is time people realised EGYPT IS SAFE and Hurghada airport has one of the safest security checks ever yes it takes ages to get through security but it is worth it for peace of mind.

This visit was the last week in May and first in June so we were there at the start of Ramadan it was really humbling to see the staff still serving us with food and drinks throughout the day when they had to wait until sunset, to go without drink in that heat takes a lot of will power.
Why do you keep going back to this hotel people ask ? It simply because the staff from the gardeners to management are so friendly and are prepared to go that extra mile for you Mr George should be very proud of his staff.

From the moment you enter the hotel you are greeted with a lovely welcome and smile they are polite and courteous on check in and escort you to your room.

We do have to mention Liezel and her team at guest relations always there to help or chat to check everything is ok.

Mr Kannan Front Office Manager and his team once again cannot do enough for you and are checking everything is ok.

All the restaurants are excellent our favourites are the Italian and Asian out of the a la carte restaurants although we do eat in the others and sometimes in the Stella. We must say thank you to Mr Sherif once again he even took up the challenge of making a pancake two evening running much to the amusement of his staff especially Waed Amen who is the pastry chef and usually cooks very intricate pancakes. Well done Mr Sherif keep practising for our next visit!!

Our room boy Abd Elaa Mohamed did an excellent job and his towel art was unique.

We must say a special thank you to the beach boy Ali Agami his service was excellent once again checking everything was okay.

The beach bar lad walked up and down the beach in searing heat checking if anybody needed drinks thank you Amgad Khamis for being polite and helpful.

Finally before we finish we have to thank all the staff who work in the laundry you never see them unless you use the laundry service which is excellent! We usually send all my husbands shirts and t shirts they come back packaged as if we had purchased them in Marks and Spencer! It's the same with my beach dresses and other items. It certainly makes life easier for when you get home you only have half the washing!! This laundry service is not expensive and is worth every penny.

Finally we would like to say a very big THANK YOU to everyone at the Palm Royale for making our holidays so enjoyable see you all soon

Stayed: May 2016, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CheshireSue2011
Reviewed July 2, 2016

So as you will see from all other reviews the hotel is lovely as is the food, staff, weather and grounds.
So I'll comment on the things some others don't.
The a la carte are great. There is as some mentioned chargeable items... Very few tho. But to be clear it does not spoil the restaurant at all and it really is impossible to make the mistake of ordering a chargeable meal .... If you posses eyeballs. ( some have in other reviews accidentally ordered the paid for food...go figure)
It's often the same staff in all of the a la carte ( they have 2 a la carte on per night) and they will offer you a local drink to the theme of the restaraunt which is chargeable, but if your a cheapskate like me they soon realise and stop asking.
Wifi is free but if you need it fast you have to pay.
Beer in the mini bar is about £3.
Having done trips with Thomas cook and Ali Hi Hi I can say Ali does offer more for the money, and he is a nice guy. Even on the last day when there was no chance he could get more money of me he would just sit and chat with me on the beach and tell me about his family and ask about mine.
The bar staff work hard. Youseef, Amir an mohsen stood out to me. All nice guys and will go the extra mile.
The sea is warm with fish around your feet at times.
Towels are by the beach and pool.
The thai chef dean is a great cook ask for authentic Thai food ...อาหารไทย ธรรมดา (aharn thai tam ma dar) and he will make it nice and spicy!
If your going with Thomas cook get the free full body massage...it's amazing. Book the day before though, I didn't and almost missed out because I went on my last day.
The gym is great.
The lunch buffet closes at 3pm....but the pool bar stays open till 6pm and also serves food, such as chicken panini and chips.

I did the Luxor trip and here's some tips I wish I had been given.
If you take the private tour you will be on the road by 6am. The guide will chat for the first 20 mins of the journey then he will out his head on a pillow for the remainder of the 3 hour drive and sleep.... You are then left to look at sand dune after sand dune.....my tip is take your pillow and sleep it out too, I wish I had. Without the pillow you will struggle to sleep with the Egyptian style of rally driving erm I mean driving.
Also the guide will take you to a toilet with a lady sat outside, you have to give get 2 Egyptian pounds for the honour of using a toilet with no soap or hand dryer.... Then she will hand you your toilet roll (none in the toilets) It will be about enough to wipe a nats bottom if your lucky....so the next tips, take hand sanitiser and toilet roll! Also check your change, she ripped me off!

Now this may put some off, but be great for others.
The hotel can probably accommodate 500, but must of had about 150 guests.
This had pro's and cons.

Pro's: free sunbeds, emptyish beach, buffet, restaurants and also staff have more time for us as individuals.
Cons: pool bar unattended, disco and karaoke were no go's and for me the night time at the bar lacked atmosphere.

This however is no fault of the hotel or the country....its just the hysteria that the media create.....I say this because the hotel security is amazing and the airport I would say is untouchable.... Real attention to detail with security there...3 luggage scabs and 3 pat downs... For me that's a good thing, I felt safe.

I traveled with a mate in June. I would defo go back but only with a gf or wife next time as I would describe it as a couples place to be.

Any questions I'm happy to help.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled with friends
5  Thank Steven T
Reviewed June 29, 2016

From the moment i stepped in the hotel it was great. I was travelling as a lone female and i felt safe a secure at all times throughout my stay.
My room was upgraded to a sea view.It was the most cleanest room i have ever stayed in and i travel a lot.It had everything i needed and some great towel displays. The cleaners were always friendly and asked if there was anything i ever needed.
The reception staff were amazing, got me sorted with a great diving company, helped with any inquiries i had. Osame El Naggar best receptionist by far.I wish he was at every reception desk of every hotel i stayed in.
I have a Gluten Free Diet and i was given an appointment to meet the Executive Chef, Ahmed El Kady. Well he was amazing to. Every time it was dinner or lunch I could request him or any of his chefs to walk me around and point out what was not cooked with wheat, failing that they would make me wheat free dinners to my request. He also made me a packed lunch when diving with no wheat.
The food was great, lots of variety, fresh salad and fruit. The chef at pool bar made me lunch specially for me its was great.
The food and beverage manager Sherif Shekta Radwan offered the best service in the restaurant i have ever known. Drinks, clearing away,tables set done to perfection.
I ate in two of the Al a Carte restaurants The Greek and Asian both outstanding
The beach was just sand. No Snorkeling but sea was great when 40 degrees.
I did windsurfing lessons at point break within the hotels grounds. Yet again faultless service, great fun and good prices.
The hotel had a bar called Johnny's i think, the bar staff wore football shirts as Euro 2016 on. Made it more fun, they learnt your drinks quickly and even refilled new drinks and placed on your table when watching football without even asking. Heaven in a bar.
My last bit that made my holiday there one more special bit that was Lizel the customer relations lady. Outstanding service, my mobile phone had broke 3 days before the end of my holiday and i was worried about contacting home. She went and got her own personal phone and was willing to lend it to me for the remainder of my holiday.
Now that really is outstanding service.
The holiday was amazing because they all contributed in their own way to make it that way, Thank you everyone.

Important bit free WiFi everywhere even at the beach

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled solo