A beautiful blue sea with sparkling lights like crystal bouncing off it, only to be broken up occasionally by a speed boat pulling a water boarder, leaving a frothy white trail.
Don't worry, this isn't some Mills and Boon story, just how I remember drinking up the view as I relaxed on the beautiful beach, only a week ago. (Big sigh)
Whist we are on the beach subject, this was the least stressful experience we have had in getting beds on the beach (last year in Punta Cana hubby had to get up at 6am or earlier) Here a lovely young man would layout lay out towels for you to enjoy after your beautiful breakfast.
Previous reviews are right. Once you walk in it is like walking into a palace. So much to take in, you admire a statue or painting every time you walk through.
Before I describe the restaurants and rooms I would like to hi-light the staff. The core of the hotel and what delivered an unbelievable holiday experience for us. Mr Kannan the front of house manager was the height of professionalism and a lovely man who considers your enjoyment and satisfaction no.1 priority. If something is impairing your experience he will do what he can for you. Sheriff Shehata, a senior manager was again a lovely man, very helpful and a pleasure to talk to. Liezel Gaborno gave a fantastic guest experience in both the Asian restaurant and La Terrace, she really looked after us. Sameh Nasty and Mohammed in the Cafe Stella were two examples of great service, great smiles, anticipating and remembering drink orders and that is just the buffet restaurant.
Managers and senior managers are always walking the hotel, grounds and restaurants to ensure standards are always met. Reviewers who perhaps commented on things such as hard beds could not have allowed Mr Kannan and his team to help. We asked for a mattress topper and were given one with pleasure. Really nothing is too much trouble.
One thing that I believe hasn't been described to full extent is the a la carte restaurants. The attention to detail is fantastic in the terms of decor the Lebanese is extravagantly authentic with a lovely atmosphere. (Thanks for my lovely coconut sponge desserts!!) The Italian had vaulted ceilings such as you would find in Tuscany. The Greek with Niko the singer feels like you could be enjoying a meal in Crete and the Asian with is ornate carvings spectacular. And that is only the decor and ambiance. You wait until you try the food!! Comments have been made about some dishes that are extra charges. Yes there are some, they are all clearly marked but there is still a huge selection to choose from. During our visit the Italian Menu changed and only 4 dishes out of the whole menu was chargeable. Each of the A la Carte's had its own manager. Each one of those managers had great pride in their restaurants and rightly so. The most impressive thing to me that they each had chefs from the relevant countries. So not just replicating a cuisine but real authentic food. Easily the best we have enjoyed in our well traveled experience.
The rooms are spacious and kept wonderfully clean. We were fortunate enough to enjoy a junior suite on our second week which was wonderful. La Terrace, the breakfast room was the icing on the cake. The service impeccable, surroundings sumptuous with a choice of eating on the terrace or inside.
The photos that you will see are lovely but they do not do the hotel justice. Seeing it for yourself, you get the sense of scale and attention to detail.
We have been to Egypt 4 times before to Sharm. We have stayed in The Baron Palms, Sensatori, Iberotel Palace, all 5 star. To book for the same time of year would cost another £600 per couple and we much preferred this one.
So the final accolade I can put forward? Just prior to writing this review I have booked another 2 weeks for next year. That says it all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly located at the 1.2 km long private sand beach in Egypt is the Palm Royale. Here you can relax and enjoy the perfect holiday with your family and friends. The two bays offer a perfect atmosphere for privacy and enjoying the weather. The Palm Royale is just 45 km away from the airport of Hurghada and 50 km to the city center of Hurghada. Moreover, the city Safaga is just 12 km away from the Palm Royale. You have got the possibility to use the free WIFI from the hotel. Furthermore, the Palm Royale offers a kids club, Babysitting, a playground for children, a gym and four tennis courts. The meals are served in form of a buffet with fresh cuisine in the Palm Royale. Furthermore, several a la carte restaurants offer a huge variety of fresh meals. Many sport activities are offered during your holidays. You have the possibility to play beach volleyball, water ball, use the gym and many other water sports activities. Furthermore, the Palm Royale has got a spa area to relax and enjoy the senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your SENTIDO Palm Royale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Royale Soma Bay Hotel Hurghada
- Intercontinental Abu Soma Hotel
- Intercontinental Hurghada