We spent two weeks here over the New Year period having booked with Thomas Cook. The hotel is fabulous, the photos of the reception on their web site realy don't do it justice. It's a "Wow!" as soon as you walk through the door.
The service through out the hotel is world class, in our opinion. Nothing is too much trouble and everyone gives 150% in ensuring you have just what you want when you want it. From the room cleaning service, all the staff in each and every restaurant, the guest relations team, the annimation team, the spa team - everyone really did go out of their way to ensure we had an amazing holiday.
The food was superb. The A la Carte resturants were fabulous. The Greek was our particular favourite followed by the Asian but the Italian and Lebanese were very close behind. We just rotated around the four of them for our evening meals (booking 24 hours in advance with guest relations - no problems getting in) and had lunch in the Stella Cafe which provided a good variety of food everyday.
We had upgraded to a Club room and had the pleasure of taking breakfast in La Terrance every day. It was the perfect way to start each morning - looking out to sea and enjoying the incredible buffet. A special thank you to Lisiel, Khled and all the staff there who really did provided excellent service.
Our top tips:
1. Get a mattress topper.
2. Exchange sterling to egyptian pounds in the machine at the hotel - it's a good rate and you are charged pennies for the exchange.
3. At this time of year I would recommend to take some warm clothes for evening time - there is quite a cool breeze so you need a wrap/cardy or jumper.
4. Go - you won't regret it!!
I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly located at the 1.2 km long private sand beach in Egypt is the Palm Royale. Here you can relax and enjoy the perfect holiday with your family and friends. The two bays offer a perfect atmosphere for privacy and enjoying the weather. The Palm Royale is just 45 km away from the airport of Hurghada and 50 km to the city center of Hurghada. Moreover, the city Safaga is just 12 km away from the Palm Royale. You have got the possibility to use the free WIFI from the hotel. Furthermore, the Palm Royale offers a kids club, Babysitting, a playground for children, a gym and four tennis courts. The meals are served in form of a buffet with fresh cuisine in the Palm Royale. Furthermore, several a la carte restaurants offer a huge variety of fresh meals. Many sport activities are offered during your holidays. You have the possibility to play beach volleyball, water ball, use the gym and many other water sports activities. Furthermore, the Palm Royale has got a spa area to relax and enjoy the senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Palm Royale Soma Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Royale Soma Bay Hotel Hurghada
- Intercontinental Abu Soma Hotel
- Intercontinental Hurghada