Right from the minute I drove up to the entrance, I was impressed, to say the least. The hotel looks spanking new and is very well maintained. The design and interiors are admirable. The reception lobby is striking with a piano bar located on a central fish pond. The pond is clear and the fish is captivating. I noticed that the staff was exceptionally friendly and courteous. The glass capsule elevator takes you up, offering a splendid view of the lobby and it's high, colourfully sculpted and decorated arched ceiling. The rooms are clean and well maintained. Every room looks out from it's balcony over the swimming pool which again is very clean. The crowd consists mainly of tourists, and through the day maost of them are seen sun-bathing around the pool. There are 4 fabulous restaurants that offer a variety of meals, although they may be open in turns during off-peak seasons. They offer different cuisines; Greek, Italian, Middle Eastern and Oriental. The hotel staff will help arrange transport and tours if requested, at a fairly reasonable cost. During the evenings, a troupe of European performers will help to liven your stay with stage performances, music and dance. The bar is cozy and well stocked, and rather reasonably priced. There is a so-called disco or club which no-one cares to go to because the hotel does not seem to want to get the music and lights going until it gets sufficiently crowded; this does not seem to go down well with the guests. However, the remaining facilities make up adequately. A really comfortable and enjoyable stay with a beautiful view of the sea beyond the pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly located at the 1.2 km long private sand beach in Egypt is the Palm Royale. Here you can relax and enjoy the perfect holiday with your family and friends. The two bays offer a perfect atmosphere for privacy and enjoying the weather. The Palm Royale is just 45 km away from the airport of Hurghada and 50 km to the city center of Hurghada. Moreover, the city Safaga is just 12 km away from the Palm Royale. You have got the possibility to use the free WIFI from the hotel. Furthermore, the Palm Royale offers a kids club, Babysitting, a playground for children, a gym and four tennis courts. The meals are served in form of a buffet with fresh cuisine in the Palm Royale. Furthermore, several a la carte restaurants offer a huge variety of fresh meals. Many sport activities are offered during your holidays. You have the possibility to play beach volleyball, water ball, use the gym and many other water sports activities. Furthermore, the Palm Royale has got a spa area to relax and enjoy the senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Palm Royale Soma Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Royale Soma Bay Hotel Hurghada
- Intercontinental Abu Soma Hotel
- Intercontinental Hurghada