“Recharge your energy by staying here”

SENTIDO Palm Royale
Ranked #11 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Recharge your energy by staying here”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I am travelling all year long and this hotel is one of the few hotel I could say that they know how to make their guest happy, starting from the reception staff & the rooms cleaning standard I was happy about the services and the way of feeling they have give to me it is the same feeling of home but with a Egyptian way of hospitality.I have been to Egypt many times & this hotel is far more superior than any other

if you want recharge your energy I advise any one to go there it like an oasis away from any stress

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank kadry22

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (606)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We spent a lovely 7 days ( from the 26th April to 2nd of May) at the Palm Royale in Hurghada. The setting is beautiful: a 1.5 km stretch of beautiful beach, plenty of activities for the family, including wind and kite surfing, snorkeling, diving, and much more. Our room was overlooking the sea with a spacious balcony looking out into beautifully kept manicured gardens. After a long day on the beach it was lovely to amble around the hotel’s ground in the evening and take in the sights, whether it be the gardens or down to the jetty where the boats are moored. The room, a deluxe double, was comfortable and modern with the expected accouterments of a 5 star hotel.
Our experience was made the more pleasurable due to the professionalism and caring of the staff at the hotel. They carried out their work with good-mannered enthusiasm and diligence, not to mention their constant good humour. The hotel manager deserves a particular mention, a certain Mr. Kennan. The man is a huge asset for the hotel and he made our stay truly memorable. He is always available to the guests and will do everything possible to make your stay more comfortable. A hearty ‘thank you’, Mr. Kennan, I will certainly be returning to your hotel in the not so distant future. I will also be passing on your hotel’s name to my friends at home and abroad. Thanks again, Palm Royale, for a truly great holiday.

6 Thank Hanife M
London
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Just got back from a wonderful week at the Palm Royale Soma Bay; our one regret is that we should have stayed for two! The hotel was excellent, as was the location (far away from other hotels so no overcrowding, and beautiful beach). The food in the a La Carte restaurants was superb; especially the Greek with its wonderful Greek chefs and musician, Nikos Lolis.
Our room was overlooking the pool, and it was spotless! The staff really could not do enough for us! Overall, the hotel was extremely well run. Would I go back? Without question!

3 Thank peaseblossom19
Scotland
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We spent two weeks in the Palm Royal from 5th-19th April this year. The hotel itself was stunning and scrupulously clean. We had adjoining rooms with our children (aged 9 and 11) and both rooms were very well appointed, children had queens size beds and we had an emperor sized! Our mattresses were firm, with my daughters being hard, but we all slept fine. Yes the main pool was cold, but we all managed to get in it and swim, enough for the grown ups to cool down and if the kids wanted to swim for longer they went to the "Hot Pool" at the health suite. The beach was beautiful, gently shelving sands, calm waters, loads of sunbeds with wind breaks and shades, hammocks and a bar - bliss! - and we never had a problem getting beds, though sometimes we did just get two or three beds for the 4 of us and apparently the hotel was under occupied when we stayed. We ate in the Greek and the Italian a la carte restaurant and both were very good, with no need to book, and we ate in the poolside bar frequently. Yes, in all of these restaurants there were items that were not all inclusive, but there was plenty to choose from if you didn't want to pay extra and those items were clearly marked. The food in the main restaurant was more than adequate, though it has to be said, geared more towards the eastern European palate than perhaps the British one! However there was plenty of choice and the food was well cooked and nicely presented. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful, we were asked repeatedly if everything was alright by the assistant manager - Kannan, and had every faith that if there had been a problem he would have sorted it. We were never approached for money or hassled to take trips etc. The waiting staff were very nice, cheerful and friendly - without being pushy. On that subject, it has been suggested that only after staff have been heavily tipped they are friendly - this was not the case for us, we were friendly, polite and cheerful and we found the staff responded the same back to us! We used the dive centre at the hotel and found them very competent, professional and pleasant, on average the same price as the Thomas Cook dives, but no need to travel! There have been some negative reviews about this hotel and I honestly don't know why - and I am a fussy traveller! The possible criticisms could be: Entertainment at night was not great, for kids or adults - but in saying that the animation team were lovely and looked to be doing their best! There was some confusion regarding who was all inclusive(there were not the usual wrist bands) which did mean you were asked all the time as not everyone in the hotel was on the same board basis, and I was slightly unclear as to what we were entitled to - had I known local cocktails were all inclusive I'd have indulged more! Regarding drink there was one disappointment and that was that you were not allowed to take drink to your room. Please don't think I have a drink problem, but there is nothing like a wee G 'n' T has you are getting ready to go down for dinner, or that last glass of wine at night on the balcony as you need to go up to your room early as you have children. We enquired about this and were told that the Russia guests had abused this privilege so much that drinking in the rooms had to be banned! On the subject of the Russians, that was one of the down sides - which is hardly a fault of the hotel - Some Russian guests were rude and ignorant and made navigating the buffet restaurant like running the gauntlet! The outlying position of the Hotel was not an issue for us, it clearly states it is on its own, and is only an extra 20mins transfer time for any of the tours or from the airport, and it lends to the air of exclusivity and tranquillity. We very much enjoyed our stay at the hotel and would recommend it highly.

5 Thank famval4
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I have just spent two weeks in this hotel & to be honest after just reading some of the reviews I would not of gone if I had done so before hand - I don't know what some people want from a holiday, I have been to Egypt many times & this hotel is far more superior than any other hotel I have been to & I always go 5 star. Perhaps I have just picked the right two weeks. I am a true believer that you should make your own decision as everyone is different & everyone wants something different in a holiday & we all have different standards. We also need to remember this is a third world country. I have been to some fabulous places in the world and this really is a nice hotel & worth a visit. I am going back next year - I would book today but I need a friend to look at the details to see if she wants to come with me.
The hotel looks lovely - the cleaning in both the rooms & public areas are great. I did not once go into any of the public areas & not smell the cleaning products. The public tolilets were cleaned every hour. The hotel was being maintainted throughout my stay - infact things were being done that really didn't look like they needed doing but afterwards you could see how much better it looked. The gardens in paticular were just beautiful.
The staff were fantastic, very friendly - we all know due to the low wages they are all after the tips but I can honestly say this did not come across the staff I dealt with were just really nice people. I spoke with the mnagement right down to the cleaners & all of the staff were helpful, kind & professional. Perhaps this is because I spoke to them as I would any other normal person with respect. I saw some customers (some English) clicking fingers at them - really are we not past this in this day & age.
A special mention to Tarek in the spa what a gentlemen fair with prices & spoke to me everyday to ensure I was happy with my treatments. Another very special person was Eweline - she is a true diamond they was nothing that was to much for her to do to make your holiday special - her job was to be a butler for the VIPs however she spoke to me & other English people every single day & made sure we were OK. I will truely miss our chats each day.
I ate at all different times & in all of the resturants I never had a problem with the food being cold, also in the two weeks the only time my food was repeated was when I ordered the chicken salad as it was amazing. The drink I agree was not of the best quality but you find a drink you like & drink it.
Towels were changed everyday both in the rooms & the pool area - George would not let you have the same towel by the pool for more than a day - I tried & he changed it when I was in the pool.
The beds yes were quite firm but is this not good that they are not old & matresses need replacing - again a personal preference - I slept well.
The sunbeds - yes the Russians do reserve the beds very early - I am normally up early without an alarm & I go for a walk each morning & yes the beds were gone by 6.30 am (on the beach) however as much as it hurts to stand up for them the people were up & sunbathing at this time they had not just reserved the beds & gone back to bed they were there.
The Spa - what can I say fabulous I had alot of treatments (paid & free from Thomas cook) everyone I spoke to said how good the treatments were.
The gym clean & equipment was good - would be nice if they had a few spinning bikes but that is my personal preference.
Entertainment I did nothing as I needed to relax but there where activties all day long if you want it. Also you get three free tasters with thomas cook which was great. Actually one of the funniest things was all us adults in the pool area looking to see which Disney animal was going to walk through that day. Trips again I didn't do as I have done the whole list but they all seemed a sensible price. Taxi cost to town were high so you are stuck in the hotel but if you want a relaxing no stress holiday this is the place for you.
If I had to be negative about anything it would be the cost of Wifi £82 for two weeks (the phone went off) I have told management this is to expensive - a suggestion would be to reduce to a £1 a day & more people would pay it. Also the pharmacy is not hotel owned & is really overpriced - Tablets that I buy every year for 10 LE were priced at 60 LE - I told the owner he was naughty charging this price as if you are ill you have no choice to pay. Remember you are 40 minutes away from town so you really have no option - so when you book this holiday please make sure you take everything you may need medically. I have passed this feedback to management so hopefully they will act upon it.
Single supplement is very high as well.

Room Tip: I had room 2019 - ground floor, very near the pool area, no sea view but I don't need that I h...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Miranda B
Yorkshire, England
Reviewed May 4, 2013

First impression when you arrive at the hotel is wow, however once you settle in there are many things which disappoint. so, some of the negatives are: The Stella restaurant is the main eatery, serves a repetitive menu which is often cold and offers very little choice. The AI Alcoholic beverages, especially the vodka, are undrinkable, so glad I took my own from the duty free. Cocktails are poor because of the inferior quality of the alcohol although I think the beer/lager was drinkable. The pool area has too few sunbeds and parasols. It got to the stage where people were having to get up at 5.00 a.m. to make sure you had a sunbed, same for the beach because whilst there are loads of sunbeds with wind breakers, you'll be lucky to get one. The pool bar for lunch is nice but beware - not all food is on all inclusive. £9.00 for a burger!!
The mattresses are extremely hard but housekeeping will provide mattress toppers which at least make the beds marginally more comfortable. The waiters are generally miserable except if you are Russian, male and weigh in excess of 18 stone! They also look generally scruffy, most wearing jeans. I would have at least expected them to be smartly turned out.
A few good points now: The A La Carte restaurants are good and the service much better than the main restaurant you can also visit as many times as you wish. The Lebanese was our favourite and the staff there are much better than the other restaurants. Beware though, not all items are on the all inclusive option and can cost quite a lot of money depending on your choice. George, the pool guy is good and he will do his best the sort you a bed and he is very attentive, changing towels for people without you having to ask. All in all the hotel was not my idea of a 5* and I have been to much better hotels which have been rated as a 4*. As a Thomas Cook traveller you are entitled to 3 x massages as well as a range of activities. Mind you, these are probably a sweetener for the crappy plane they send to take you home. We pre-booked seats for both journeys only to find that on the way back we may as well have saved our money. The plane was old, cramped (even for someone who is only 4ft 10ins) the entertainment system archaic with the old fashioned tv's mounted on the roof of the plane and the choice of movie on the return flight was mind numbing.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank jagao
Herts
Reviewed May 3, 2013

This is not a 5 star hotel. I would say more a 4.
The hotel is very clean. Its in the middle of nowhere. The main pool is freezing cold and unusable. The beach has many beds with wind breakers, but unless you prepared to be up at 6.30am you will struggle to get a bed. I witnessed several arguments over the reservation of beds. Restaurants in hotel are very good and service was great. The lebanese being our favourite. Cafe Stella is ok for breakfast, but food is luke warm and i do not enjoy queing with plate in hand like at school dinners !!!!! Rooms are large, with extremely HARD mattresses, but hotel are very good and will provide matress toppers but to be honest beds are still very uncomfortable. Staff : There very hit and miss. If you tip they are fine, I have been to Egypt before and these are by no means the best staff i have experienced. I really do not appreciate sitting down eating and a waiter trying to sell me a couple of days holiday in luxour " at very good price !!!!" This is extremely unprofessional, and not very 5* ! There are more cases which i could mention but i do not wish staff to loose there jobs. I appreciate that they work very hard for very litlle. The spirits are undrinkable, and i just drank lemonade or coke for my entire holiday ! On a good note if you are a couple with children, i think this hotel would be ideal. The sea is calm and shallow, there is a lovely little park, with trampolines etc, and the staff are lovely with children. Without meaning to sound a snob, I have been to far better hotels, and on reading other peoples reviews, i have come ti the conclusion it is probably a good idea to see where else they have travelled, and what they consider to be 5*...we all have different standards. As for this beach being described to the bahama's.....er no !!!!!!!
As for Thomas cook, you need to sort out you planes and realise that the average person does like to have a little leg room as most of us are over 4ft 10ins !!!!!!! and also whoever that rude man is at your coach and takes your suit cases, he holds out his hand and is extremely aggresive and asks for money, disgraceful behaviour, our Thomas Cook allow this is beyond me.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple