My goodness, I just don't know where to start, usually the pictures you see make a hotel look better than it is, but in the case of the Palm Royale, the opposite is true, this hotel has the WOW factor, I loved it from the moment I walked into the impressive foyer with the Grand Piano in the middle of the Atrium Bar and a beautiful stained glass domed ceiling above.
After a swift check in and a refreshing drink, i was taken to my lovely room, but i was disappointed that it didn't have a sea view, was this a problem? Certainly not, Mahmoud Zein-Eldin, night manager, sorted out the issue and upgraded me to an even lovlier room in the main hotel building. I had a great dinner in Cafe Stella and met the restuarant team who went on to look after me for the whole holiday, special thanks to Nagy and Mina, but all the staff are fantastic. I spent part of every evening in the Atrium Bay. listening to Elena play the piano and drinking a brandy and coffee with a heart on it! The guys in this bar are great (sorry for not remembering all the names) and they have great memories for what everyone wants. This bar has an old world ambiance.
I slept well, though the bed was firmer than my taste, as soon as i asked, a topper and feather pillows were provided. My room was maintained spotlessly and I looked forward to my towel art!
All the a la carte restaurants are fabulous, with chefs and a restaurant team who really care about your dining experience. It's hard to say which was my favourite, but the singer in the Greek was lovely and he even gave me a CD. I have a special memory in each restaurant; chicken livers in the Lebanese and fabulous pizza in the Italian. Breakfast was a feast, i particularly enjoyed the eggs from the egg station, followed by hot croissants, freshly squeezed orange juice (no extra cost) and good coffee.
The beach is gorgeous and is well maintained,there is a nice beach bar with a wide range of drinks and yummy ice creams, it is a shame that they don't have some snacks at this bar, but really that is not a problem as the Azur Bar is nearby, good paninis and again great staff! Hussein and all the towel guys on the beach are lovely and always kept me a perfect spot on the beach.
The pool was out of order for the first few days, but this was not an issue as the pool at the Health Club was heated and in lovely surroundings.The main pool was fixed ahead of time so I was able to have cocktails at the swim up bar. After my included Thomas Cook treatments, I had 4 more massages (good value), the therapists are very skilled and all the team are lovely, Special thanks to Ahmed who first sold me my massage course. I also used the Beauty Centre for a facial, manicure and pedicure,a very good experience at a good price. I only used one of my 3 sporting activities and I went for a horse ride along the beach on a well cared for horse called Shakira. Thanks to Hany for taking pictures for me. They also have a camel and donkey which take people for rides along the beach.
The Animation Team are a talented team of 6 young people from various countries, they all speak several languages and they work hard all day and evening to encourage guests to take part in a range of activities.They don't hassle you if you don't want to get involved and have fun with you if you do. Karaoke was my favourite followed by Aqua Gym with Tazio!
The Thomas cook rep, Moustafa, is very knowledgeable and cannot do enough to meet your needs, from outings to seat requests and everything inbetween, many thanks.
Is there anything I haven't covered? You really have to see it for yourself, so visit the Palm Royale soon. I have travelled extensively and I have never gone back anywhere, in the case of the Palm Royale, I will definitely make an exception and I will holiday there again soon. Thanks to everyone for making this an excellent 11 days!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly located at the 1.2 km long private sand beach in Egypt is the Palm Royale. Here you can relax and enjoy the perfect holiday with your family and friends. The two bays offer a perfect atmosphere for privacy and enjoying the weather. The Palm Royale is just 45 km away from the airport of Hurghada and 50 km to the city center of Hurghada. Moreover, the city Safaga is just 12 km away from the Palm Royale. You have got the possibility to use the free WIFI from the hotel. Furthermore, the Palm Royale offers a kids club, Babysitting, a playground for children, a gym and four tennis courts. The meals are served in form of a buffet with fresh cuisine in the Palm Royale. Furthermore, several a la carte restaurants offer a huge variety of fresh meals. Many sport activities are offered during your holidays. You have the possibility to play beach volleyball, water ball, use the gym and many other water sports activities. Furthermore, the Palm Royale has got a spa area to relax and enjoy the senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your SENTIDO Palm Royale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Royale Soma Bay Hotel Hurghada
- Intercontinental Abu Soma Hotel
- Intercontinental Hurghada