Just returned from a fantastic 2 weeks at th Palm Royale Soma Bay
A party of 4 we were amazed walking into the palatial and opulant atrium, after a no problem checck in by the very polite and attentive reception staff, our luggage was taken to our room, whil'st we enjoyed a meal,a huge selection of fine food, in the Stella restaurant.
The room which myself and wife had (1008) was large 2 double beds, mattress toppers which we had requested by email 2 weeks before made it 2 weeks of comfortable sleep, a ground floor room we had also requested, was duly given, bathroom, clean, large, bath with shower over bath
The Stella restaurant opened every dayforbreakfast at 6 30 am for early risers, I was told,
breakfast was a selection of hot and cold dishes, great porridge, fresh sqeezed orange juice, coffee out of a machine, great tasting for Egypt,
Owing to the swimming pool being closed for major maintenance, the beach was our alternative which was no problem plenty of beds and fresh towels everyday, loverly clean beach, sea very cold, an alternative pool at the health spa was made available but this was small but heated, like a creche everyday, mostly used by the hotels Russian clientele with an array of blow up crocodiles, dolphins, turtles etc, my wife used the pool at 8 00am for a swim, no problem at that time.
The Azure restaurant by the empty pool was a good alternative at lunch time for a light snack, served by the all attentive Mina & Mena great laugh trying to teach us Arabic
The al a carte restaurants, Asian, Greek, Lebanese & Italian served food of the highest class, well presented by good attentive waiters, the chefs in all of these establishment always took time for a chat after the meal
Jhonnys bar had a large screen tv showing mostly live and repeated premier league footy. the atrium had a pianist most nights giving this a real touch of class to thi truly magnifiecent hotel, the staff are the most freindly you would ever meet anywhere, Ahmed & Tarek in th Stella restaurant, brilliant guys, also a big mention to a big man Sharief the restaurant's manager, always had a chat and tried to put the world to right between us a huge asset I believe to the Palm Royale.
It was a pleasure to have stayed at this wonderful hotel and I would certainly recommend it to anyone visitng Egypt in the future, would I go again? right I would already booked for next year
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly located at the 1.2 km long private sand beach in Egypt is the SENTIDO Palm Royale. Here you can relax and enjoy the perfect holiday with your family and friends. The two bays offer a perfect atmosphere for privacy and enjoying the weather. The SENTIDO Palm Royale is just 45 km away from the airport of Hurghada and 50 km to the city center of Hurghada. Moreover, the city Safaga ist just 12 km away from the SENTIDO Palm Royale. You have got the possibility to use the free WIFI from the hotel. Furthermore, the SENTIDO Palm Royale offers a kids club, Babysitting, a playground for children, a gym and four tennis courts. The meals are served in form of a buffet with fresh cuisine in the SENTIDO Palm Royale. Furthermore, several A la Carte-Restaurants offer a huge variety of fresh meals. Many sport activities are offered during your holidays. You have the possibility to play beach volleyball, water ball, use the gym and many other water sports activities. Furthermore, the SENTIDO Palm Royale has got a spa area to relax and enjoy the senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com and Priceline so you can book your SENTIDO Palm Royale Soma Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Royale Soma Bay Hotel Hurghada
- Intercontinental Abu Soma Hotel
- Intercontinental Hurghada