First of all as you read from all other reviews the hotel and staff are second to none.
The word of warning is be carefull who you book excursions with as we found out to our lifelong costs. We booked our Honeymoon withThomas cook and went with Blue Sky travel (who Thomas Cook uses) to go on snorkeling and diving trips running out of Sunrise Royal Makadi which is over a hours bus trip not 10 mins as rep told us. The first trip was a snorkeling trip to paradise Island the whole trip was a joke from start to finish and is a serious accident waiting to happen due to lack of Health and Safety even for Eygpt Standards.
The second trip was a Diving trip. I was scheduled to dive and my wife was to just snorkel, she was talked into trying out diving which she agreed, which ended up with my wife being sexually assaulted by the dive Instuctor whilst at 8 mtrs underwater for 20mins. she was so traumatized by what took place it wasnt till our return to our hotel she told me what had happened, apart from the assault she recieved no actual dive training only how to breath, the matter is now under Investigation by British Police, Egyption Police, Thomas Cook Legal Dept and Padi Dive Association.
The reason for telling you all about this is so you can just be aware and to use the Hotel Dive facilities and the excursions running from the hotel marina, because as we found out if anything happens off the hotel grounds the managment are simply not Interested They Listened but they didnt hear. they were more interested in if we were happy with our rooms than the wife`s welfare. My wife was as also told by Thomas Cook rep to just remember the fist few good days we had and to go home and cook your husband some spicy dinners and all will be ok and to forget it ever happened.
This is our third trip to Eygpt and will be our last. Please be Careful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly located at the 1.2 km long private sand beach in Egypt is the SENTIDO Palm Royale. Here you can relax and enjoy the perfect holiday with your family and friends. The two bays offer a perfect atmosphere for privacy and enjoying the weather. The SENTIDO Palm Royale is just 45 km away from the airport of Hurghada and 50 km to the city center of Hurghada. Moreover, the city Safaga ist just 12 km away from the SENTIDO Palm Royale. You have got the possibility to use the free WIFI from the hotel. Furthermore, the SENTIDO Palm Royale offers a kids club, Babysitting, a playground for children, a gym and four tennis courts. The meals are served in form of a buffet with fresh cuisine in the SENTIDO Palm Royale. Furthermore, several A la Carte-Restaurants offer a huge variety of fresh meals. Many sport activities are offered during your holidays. You have the possibility to play beach volleyball, water ball, use the gym and many other water sports activities. Furthermore, the SENTIDO Palm Royale has got a spa area to relax and enjoy the senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity and HotelTravel.com so you can book your SENTIDO Palm Royale Soma Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Royale Soma Bay Hotel Hurghada
- Intercontinental Abu Soma Hotel
- Intercontinental Hurghada