We stayed here from 14th December - 21st. on first walking in, our first impression was "wow". The lobby is beautiful, with a piano bar decked int he middle surrounded by water with fish.
I travelled here with my husband, mother and 22 month old daughter. All the staff adored my little girl and she absolutely lapped up the attenion. The staff couldn't do enough for you.
With the time of year, we only used to spa pool which was heated but we mainly took to the beach. We had no problem getting a sun bed as i think the time of year it wasn't that busy which was perfect for us really. the entertainment team were always coming round chatting and doing games on the beach. they were fantastic. The beach itself was beautiful, although you do get people mithering you the first few days for spa treatments/ boat trips. (I'm not sure if these work for the hotel or not), after a few days they give up asking.
There was also a huge selection of buckets/ spades on the beach for the children to play with.
We never stayed late to see the evening entertainment as had to get my daughter to bed, but she went to the mini disco every night which was fantastic.
The food was great, i never once had a meal where i struggled to find something i wanted and considering i was pregnant and my appetite was a bit funny, this was a big bonus for me! The waiters were fantastic, they would do anything for us and really made my daughter happy. she absolutely loved the attention and she smiled all week.
The manager came round a few times checking all was ok, asked when we were leaving and arranged for us to get a late checkout free of charge. Unfortunately as he had arranged they didn't update our key so we did get locked out before the 2pm check out time. Reception sorted out once we asked but was a bit of a pain when we were rushing to get our stuff together.
Unfortauntely for us, we've never stayed 5* before and it's going to be a challenge to find anywhere for such a good price which will match up to here.
There was never any pressure of tipping either which was great as that does put us off sometimes, they just gave great service throughout.
I will definately be recommending!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly located at the 1.2 km long private sand beach in Egypt is the Palm Royale. Here you can relax and enjoy the perfect holiday with your family and friends. The two bays offer a perfect atmosphere for privacy and enjoying the weather. The Palm Royale is just 45 km away from the airport of Hurghada and 50 km to the city center of Hurghada. Moreover, the city Safaga is just 12 km away from the Palm Royale. You have got the possibility to use the free WIFI from the hotel. Furthermore, the Palm Royale offers a kids club, Babysitting, a playground for children, a gym and four tennis courts. The meals are served in form of a buffet with fresh cuisine in the Palm Royale. Furthermore, several a la carte restaurants offer a huge variety of fresh meals. Many sport activities are offered during your holidays. You have the possibility to play beach volleyball, water ball, use the gym and many other water sports activities. Furthermore, the Palm Royale has got a spa area to relax and enjoy the senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your SENTIDO Palm Royale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Royale Soma Bay Hotel Hurghada
- Intercontinental Abu Soma Hotel
- Intercontinental Hurghada