“amazing place with amazing staff”

SENTIDO Palm Royale
Ranked #9 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
bolton
“amazing place with amazing staff”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed here from 14th December - 21st. on first walking in, our first impression was "wow". The lobby is beautiful, with a piano bar decked int he middle surrounded by water with fish.

I travelled here with my husband, mother and 22 month old daughter. All the staff adored my little girl and she absolutely lapped up the attenion. The staff couldn't do enough for you.

With the time of year, we only used to spa pool which was heated but we mainly took to the beach. We had no problem getting a sun bed as i think the time of year it wasn't that busy which was perfect for us really. the entertainment team were always coming round chatting and doing games on the beach. they were fantastic. The beach itself was beautiful, although you do get people mithering you the first few days for spa treatments/ boat trips. (I'm not sure if these work for the hotel or not), after a few days they give up asking.

There was also a huge selection of buckets/ spades on the beach for the children to play with.

We never stayed late to see the evening entertainment as had to get my daughter to bed, but she went to the mini disco every night which was fantastic.

The food was great, i never once had a meal where i struggled to find something i wanted and considering i was pregnant and my appetite was a bit funny, this was a big bonus for me! The waiters were fantastic, they would do anything for us and really made my daughter happy. she absolutely loved the attention and she smiled all week.

The manager came round a few times checking all was ok, asked when we were leaving and arranged for us to get a late checkout free of charge. Unfortunately as he had arranged they didn't update our key so we did get locked out before the 2pm check out time. Reception sorted out once we asked but was a bit of a pain when we were rushing to get our stuff together.

Unfortauntely for us, we've never stayed 5* before and it's going to be a challenge to find anywhere for such a good price which will match up to here.

There was never any pressure of tipping either which was great as that does put us off sometimes, they just gave great service throughout.

I will definately be recommending!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Heather85Bolton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (602)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel from 20-30th November. Having been home for a few weeks we have reflected on our stay at the Palm Royale and now write what we hope is an honest review.

The grandeur and WOW factor of the hotel were impressive as was the cleanliness and exceptionally high level of maintenance throughout the buildings, grounds and beach.

What makes this a superb hotel however are the staff and management. Without exception all the staff in the bars, at the beach and in the a la carte restaurants were superb. They were all friendly, professional, helpful and courteous.

We tried the Asian, Lebanese and Greek restaurants. Unfortunately we did not enjoy the food at the Asian and did not return, we also felt that the menu was restrictive and expensive for the items that were not part of the All Inclusive. We loved the Lebanese restaurant and the food was excellent along with the service given by the very attentive staff. However our favourite was the Greek restaurant which we visited on several evenings and on one of these evenings enjoyed a very authentic Greek night including much plate smashing which was led by the General Manager George Pallis and his lovely family, thanks for a very memorable evening, it was nice to meet you all.

We used the buffet restaurant for breakfast every day and the wide variety of food was always enjoyable. We only used the restaurant twice for evening meals and found it chaotic. We had difficulty finding a clean table and in getting drinks on both occasions. Might I suggest that the restaurant is better organised and that guests are actually taken to a table and then introduced to the waiter so that they know who to speak to when ordering drinks etc. This experience however did not in any way spoil our holiday or our view of this wonderful hotel which we will definitely return to.

We were very sorry to leave and things were made even worse when our flight home was delayed for 26 hours and we had to stay in a hotel that was nowhere near as good as the Palm Royale, if only we could have returned for one more night to the Palm Royale.

Thanks to all the staff and managers who made our holiday exceptional. Your motto ' a place like no other' is exactly right.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank AnneMarie B
Cairo, Egypt

It is the most beautiful place I. Have seen
There I forget every thing except the enjoying and joy
It is the most beautiful for meditation and to think for new life starting with new understanding for the life

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank saidadly
Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I spend one week in Palm Royale and it is realy difficult to find the right words for this PlaceI am still very immpressed. I was traveling almost in all the world but such a service and such a friendly staff i never saw before in other Hotels.
Everything is clean, beutifull beach, fantastic Food. All Staff and the management takes good care of al guests. One very big thans to Mr Iranka (F b Manager) He is realy very profesional and capable in managing all the restaurants and Bars.
much fun on the Beach and Fantastic Evening shows was provided from a Fantstic Animtion Team under the Leadership of a Croatian Guy names Alberto
Alberto, Natalia, Christina, johny, Christina and Nastia was doing a amazin job
In this Hotel i will turn back with a big plesure

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Ivana R
Methley, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We were at the Palm Royale from 30/11/12 til 14/12/12.

We stayed on the 1st floor of th hotel with a seaview room. We emailed the hotel with some requests regarding the room location and they did not dissapoint. We even got a king size bed !!

We thought it would be good to say a few words of thanks to the splendid staff who looked after us. first of all to all chefs at the lebanese, greek, italian and stella restaurant. Especially Paolo's amd Nikos' food was finger licking good. The greek restaurant also has live entertainment from a very famous greek singer / songwriter Nikos Lolis. The hotel is partly owned by greek family who's manager, George, comes from same greek island as me apparently !! However didn't get to meet him as the big boss came to visit and he was enthralled to business meetings. At the Atrium bar (lobby), Boshoy, Malak(as) and all other staff who worked there were real gentlemen. Everytime I passed through the lobby bar, night or day, Boshoy was there. He works long hours however he likes a good laugh and is very courteous.

Raouf, Ramon and Paolo at the Il Portico italian restaurant who made my birthday such a great affair. My table decoration was lovely and the food and service of the very best, They even made a cake for me !! Being Greek, I cannot praise the staff at the greek restaurant enough especially the two NIkos'. They provided me with long conversations in my mother tongue, laughter, great food and entertainment. The Stella restaurant, buffet restaurant, has good variety and the volume of salads available is amazing. We could not fault the food, no 'delhi belly' whatsoever. A plate of salads for lunch and one of the a la carte restaurants for dinner. We were very, very busy and exhausted by doing nothing !!

When I first came through the doors of the hotel, I was astonished to find the grand lobby with the dome. Having fountains, comfortable leather sofas and chairs and a bar made this area of the hotel our favourite. Check in was quick together with a nice cold drink as the temperature whilst we were there was on average 26C.

Our room was spotless and bedding was changed every day. The hotel complex is huge however the staff somehow manage to keep it in tip top condition.

The beach is long, clean and with plenty of sunbeds. There were a few sales people from businesses that are based in the hotel (but they are not part of the hotel, they just rent a place at the hotel's 'el khalili' shopping arcade).

We must mention though that we did get ripped off by a beauty centre ( i think it was called m&r) that was situated in the hotel. My partner agreed a price for some treatments for both of us (unfortunately she didnt bargain). However, when we got there and during our treatments, Ahmet (the employee) kept doing more treatments to us when we thought it was part of what was agreed ie facials and the most crucial of all was that he did not advise that there were extras and therefore ont the additional price. In the end, we thought it would cost a bit extra as my partner had her hair done. After the treatments he got us to put our comments into writing which at that point it was great. After we did that though he presented us with the finsl bill.. £315 !!! We should have declined to pay altogether but we didnt know what the consequences of that would have been as we were in a foreign country. My partner signed the agreed price and advised Ahmed that we are going to get the money from hotel to pay him. Ahmed said that it would be a good idea for me to stay behind until my partner brought the money( as if we were going to run from the hotel into the desert or swim to the next bay to escape!!). He knew our hotel room number, he didn't have to hold me hostage and that upset my partner very much so. She didn't say anything to the hotel straight away as she was feeling stupid for being ripped off. Finally we did notify guest relations who arranged for the Ahmed's manager to meet with my partner. However she came away from the meeting feeling more intimated and was in tears.

We then spoke with the hotel floor manager (who was responsible for the shopping centre but not the shops) and explained what happened. She advised us that she couldnt do anything as the businesses are not owned by the hotel however our purpose was to mention it to her so other people dont do the same mistake. She arranged for wine to be sent to our room for my birthday which was a very nice rouch. We knew we wouldnt get any money back but wanted to alert everyone so nothing like this can happen again. So from then on, we were only using the pool area and not the beach.

The health centre has a heated pool,a good sized gym, a plunge pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room along with spa facilities. And as a Thomas Cook AI customer, we got 3 free massages.

We also visited the horse stables and I must be honest that the horses seemd overlooked and some of them looked boney. The watersport centre looked good even though the bar there is not on the AI.

95% of the hotel guests were Russians which the majority of them were rude, without manners and very demanding towards staff. If I was working there I don't think I would be able to tolerate this kind of attitude. Praise to the staff for their patience towards them.

All in all, a very good hotel, a true Egyptian 5* hotel. A true gem in the desert. Don't hesitate going there however DO NOT use the beauty centre that is in the hotel's shopping centre on the upper floor.

PS We did not experience any problems with all that was happening in Cairo. We would have put 4.5 stars if we could.

Room Tip: Email the hotel about 2-3 weeks in advance with your room requirements and I'm sure they will do...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank damgab
Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Just returned from 12 days in this fantastic hotel. The staff are all fantastic, and the facilities are spot on. The quality of the food was very good with varied choice every day.

The Hotel was only about 30% full so getting a good spot by the pool or Beach was easy. The beach is very children friendly with soft sand underfoot, so no need to wear anything on your feet. My only gripe was the Russian holiday makers staying at the hotel, as they are very rude and demanding, I even witnessed a fight one night between two drunken idiots!

Overall we had a fantastic time and would highly recommend it and would love to go back in the future.

• Stayed December 2012
5 Thank Jim C
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 18, 2012

This hotel is on a most beautiful beach,safe bathing the sands gently slope into the sea.
There are plenty of sunbeds stretching along about a 1/2 mile of sandy beach.Also windbreaks and parasols if you need shade.
The beach seems to be divided in two,one half is where all the action is,the other is quiet and restful.
The hotel is beautiful,full of very gracious furniture and it is overall classy.
The restaurants five in total offer different menus,all first class,we could not fault them.
Each one offered a different experience.
Our bedroom was VERY CLEAN there were no smells at all and the fan extractor and air conditioning worked all the time we were there which was for a month.
The Front Desk Manager,Mr.Kannan was an amazing person to meet.He is all that a manager should be.Any query we had he sorted immediately and it really made our stay at this hotel a pleasure.Also the people behind the scenes who were so helpful regarding the Internet,they were always there to help in any way which was amazing.!!! BT should take a leaf out of their book!
And the waiters,well they have become friends now,so that really says it all.Great guys.
So of you decide to try this hotel I think you will not regret it.We will certainly go back now that we have found a great venue for 2 months of the year.
Shirley and George