Spent 10 days at Palm Royale 20-30 Nov. Great outdoor facilities with private beach. Larger than we expected. The 4 restaurants are a necessary option but cannot comment on the Asian as we were told to avoid it. We had a lovely sea view room. Typical Egyptian furniture with cupboard door dropping off. Bathroom clean but the bath was a little old and shower curtain tatty. Our room was in a very quiet position which we appreciated. All staff are very friendly and helpful, a credit to the hotel and I hope the management take note of this. As we had selected to upgrade to a sea view room we were allowed to use "La Terrace" for breakfast which was wonderful.
The big let down was Cafe Stella (the main hotel restaurant or should I say canteen!). The ambience was non-existent, the food not very appetising and certainly not varied. This was the worst hotel restaurant we have experienced in Egypt and we have been visiiting this country for the past 15 years. We had most of our dinners in the Lebanese and Italian restaurants, breakfasts in La Terrace which is highly recommended.
MANAGEMENT GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER AND SORT OUT CAFE STELLA, SURELY IT CAN'T BE DIFFICULT.
The Russians, of whom there are many. Be aware they are out at 0530 hrs every morning taking up the loungers on the beach with their towels. Management do nothing about it. Hope this changes.
Unfortunately, even though there are some excellent points about this hotel we would not return until Cafe Stella is upgraded to a more acceptable standard.
Tip: If you do not like a hard mattrass request a topper, they are very happy to proivde them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly located at the 1.2 km long private sand beach in Egypt is the Palm Royale. Here you can relax and enjoy the perfect holiday with your family and friends. The two bays offer a perfect atmosphere for privacy and enjoying the weather. The Palm Royale is just 45 km away from the airport of Hurghada and 50 km to the city center of Hurghada. Moreover, the city Safaga is just 12 km away from the Palm Royale. You have got the possibility to use the free WIFI from the hotel. Furthermore, the Palm Royale offers a kids club, Babysitting, a playground for children, a gym and four tennis courts. The meals are served in form of a buffet with fresh cuisine in the Palm Royale. Furthermore, several a la carte restaurants offer a huge variety of fresh meals. Many sport activities are offered during your holidays. You have the possibility to play beach volleyball, water ball, use the gym and many other water sports activities. Furthermore, the Palm Royale has got a spa area to relax and enjoy the senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Palm Royale Soma Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Royale Soma Bay Hotel Hurghada
- Intercontinental Abu Soma Hotel
- Intercontinental Hurghada