My wife, teenage daughter and myself decided to return to Sunrise Garden Beach hotel as we fairly enjoyed ourselves here last August. We arrived at hotel at 8.10pm only to find we had been allocated 2 separate rooms instead of a family room. This was not rectified till 1.30pm the following day. A bad start I would say, the reception could not offer an explanation until I thrust my holiday invoice at them I was told the hotel was over-booked which was a ridiculous excuse. However the family room we got was on block 10 in a quiet area. Not much has changed here in a year, main buffet restaurant like a school dinner hall full of ignorant Russians and East Europeans. Tip; stand your ground with this people when they try to queue-jump and they soon get the message. We ate at the Italian restaurant most nights where we were treated very well. To book this you have to queue at guest relations in main foyer from at least 2.30pm the same day to assure a place that night or its the following day not good when you have to take a 10 min walk from the beach. The woman on guest relations reminded me of a bus conductress from the 70's whilst handing out the meal tickets. On a plus side the service from most of the waiters and bar staff was better than last year in particular all the lads at the beach bar - Ahmed H, Youssef K, Abou and Mohammed the friendly chef, the lad on the beach (recreation staff) was very helpful in finding us a decent spot after 10am. Beware of aqua centre and deep sea divers trying to sell you a trip every 2 hrs, a firm resounding no and they leave you alone then. We did the Cairo 1 day (flight) which was a good experience if somewhat expensive but better than a 6-7 hr coach ride each way on the same 2 day trip. If you're going here this year make sure you make use of the sister hotel next door as an ultra-inclusive guest all the amenities, food and drink are free. If anyone requires any more info feel free to contact me
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This elegant 5 star (local category) "All Inclusive" Resort is perfectly located in an extensive garden landscape. The private sandy beach offers relaxing hours directly at the Red Sea. Here you will enjoy breathless sunset and fantastic views to the desert, mountains and the turquoise waters of the beaches. For those who prefer water activities, the resort offers aqua park with 8 slides for adults as well as kid's mini aqua park for small guests who didn't reach 120 cm in height. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your SUNRISE Garden Beach Resort -Select- reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Select Garden Beach Resort And Spa
- Sunrise Select Garden Beach Hotel Hurghada