This was our second visit to Hurgada, last time we stayed in the Sunrise Resort Hotel in the old town ( Adult only ). On our arrival we were instantly upgraded ( British are nearly always upgraded ) to a room in Block 5, closest to the sea, on the second floor & with a sea view, nice large room & everything working & clean.
If you cant live with Russians for your time on holiday - go elsewhere - the Hotel had a lot of Russian visitors, inc children, those of you who have been to hotels with Russian visitors know why - they are very loud, dont queue & have virtually no manners, also some go purely for the AI & spend a lot of time drinking, however this did mean the Hotel was very lively & everything was open & operating.
Food - The dining room was always busy & we ate at alternative ( on site ) Restaurants on 3 occasions, the main restaurant food was good, lots of choice & kept replenished, ok it was a bit repetitive but the choice meant you could eat differently every night. We also ate in the Italian Restaurant - very good, the Oriental Restaurant ( this is Not the Chinese ) this was ok but not very special & the Asian ( Chinese ) Restaurant which was very good, service in all was good.
Reception Bar - Very busy after the Shows but good drinks & fairly quick waiter service.
Beach & Pools - The beach was good, sandy with lifeguard & lots of sunbeds & all with sunshades, beach boys were attentive & as always the Sales Teams were out in force, however the little red flag from towel boys worked a treat, there was a beach bar with soft & alcoholic drinks available, cleaned every night, the beach toilets do need some attention & more regular cleaning. There are 3 swimming pools, the children's large pool was heated but the other 2 were really too cold to use.
Gym - We used the gym every evening, very well equipped & with someone on duty all the time.
Entertainment Team - Superb, there was something to do nearly all day if you wanted to & their evening shows were as good as we have seen anywhere in Egypt - they certainly do work hard & then do the rounds in the bar after their shows talking to anyone & being very sociable.
Gardens - The grounds & gardens were super, the gardeners never seemed to stop working & were watering late into the evenings & nights.
Thank you to all the staff for a super 11 nights holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This elegant 5 star (local category) "All Inclusive" Resort is perfectly located in an extensive garden landscape. The private sandy beach offers relaxing hours directly at the Red Sea. Here you will enjoy breathless sunset and fantastic views to the desert, mountains and the turquoise waters of the beaches. For those who prefer water activities, the resort offers aqua park with 8 slides for adults as well as kid's mini aqua park for small guests who didn't reach 120 cm in height. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your SUNRISE Garden Beach Resort -Select- reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Select Garden Beach Resort And Spa
- Sunrise Select Garden Beach Hotel Hurghada