4,267 results
All reviewsaqua parkanimation teammain restaurantsister hotel next doora la carte restaurantsvictoria publobby barmamlouk palaceadult poolthomas cookred flagguest servicesspecial thankskids clubitalian restaurantnice holidaysenzo mall
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This was our second stay at Sunrise Garden, having visited 3 years ago.

The hotel has had a re vamp and the main lobby is beautiful. The rooms were also redecorated but the mattresses were still quite hard.

The hotel and grounds were incredibly clean and the gardens were manicured to perfection. The house keeping service was exceptional, our room was cleaned to a very high standard.

Due to the recent problems in Cairo the hotel was very quiet, which meant there were no problems getting a prime spot by the pool of your choice. However, as the hotel was quiet they offered good value breaks to Egyptians (mainly from Cairo). I have to admit I have never encountered so many rude, selfish and greedy people in my life. Worse still a majority of Egyptian men were very intimidating towards myself and 17 year old daughter. They followed us around the resort and despite being asked to leave us alone they continued to hang around. What was really unacceptable was the fact they kept taking our photograph despite our objections. I did inform the staff and they were very helpful and advised us to contact them directly if we were uncomfortable. There were times when we regretted travelling to Egypt because of these men and I would recommend women think carefully about whether they would be happy to tolerate this.

The food was not as varied as the last time we stayed and I wonder if that was because the hotel had a low occupancy and therefore they cooked less. Generally the food was nice and well presented.

The best thing about the hotel is definitely the staff, they would do whatever they could to ensure you were having a great holiday. At lunch time Mustafa made the most amazing pizza's in the outside oven. The bar and restaurant staff remembered you and what you liked to drink and were always poised to serve you with another drink.

The reception staff remembered our name and room number and made it their mission to ensure we were well looked after and happy.

We had a treatment at the Spa, it was clean and quite grand looking but the floors were so slippery, we both nearly fell over a couple of times which didn't help us relax! Also the massage was supposed to last 45 minutes but it was nearer 20 minutes which was disappointing.

Despite the problems with the Egyptian men I would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
gardenbeachresort, Guest Relations Manager at SUNRISE Garden Beach Resort -Select-, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

We want to thank you for sharing your vacation experience.
We are happy to see that you enjoyed your holiday in our resort.

We have for the dinner a 14-days rotated theme evening and 2 a la carte restaurants. As guest of SUNRISE Garden Beach Resort & Spa you have the luxury to also use the outlets and facilities including the 2 a la carte restaurants from our sister resort SENTIDO Mamlouk Palace so that the guests have even more chose to have their lunch or dinner

We hope that we can welcome you again in our resort

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Well it was our second time in Egypt, first time we were in Sharm El Sheik this time we went in Hurghada. My first impression of this place is that Sharm El Sheik is like more ''modern'' part of Egypt and Hurghada is the opposite.

Hotel Rooms:
I would say ''standard'' noting too bad and nothing really special to point out. Well only 1 thing we were talking with some other family and they complained that they have only 1 small balcony, but if you get lucky (no idea how they decide this) you can get 1 huge balcony :)

Food:
Well this part will be a bit longer because this was horrible as never before. I don't even know where to start, the food was the same all the time and we were there 14 days so imagine that.
I was eating that stupid fish (I never ate fish again when I came back home and probably it will be a long time before I will eat one again) because this was probably the only thing that was kinda good oh yea and chicken. Otherwise no meat, and listen this, you know you are there 14 days totally ready to eat a chicken because you had it every day on menu and then they made ''special MEXICAN NIGHT'' and you are like WOOOW finally some thing new and what they did? -_- They took that only meat we had there they mixed it with a LOT of vegetables and said this is chicken - MEXICAN way, and what that actually means? 99% vegetables and 1% of chicken so what they did? They took they only meat we had ( besides fish) away and mix it up with vegetables so basically we were there eating fish for the rest of our holidays.

Around resort:
When we were first time in Egypt we went on all possible trips they offered us so we really saw all that important stuff you need to see in Egypt. And I can't say how thankful I am that we did that because this time there were some protest in Cairo (probably every one heard on news) so all trips which goes through Cairo were canceled. But that we didn't just lay on the beach and eat all 2 weeks we decided to go in some ''center'' near. Well it was ''Egypt style'' dirty, annoying people etc.. And yes this was pretty much only ''outside trip'' we went :D

Beach:
I kinda missed the coral reefs, I mean you can find a bit of coral reefs next to the bridge you will see on beach but it's not even close to the one in Sharm El Sheik which was so awesome.
But otherwise it was pretty nice beach, I mean you have that sand you probably always wanted, sun beds are also ''normal'' as any other, but make sure you get that blue pillow otherwise they are a bit hard.

Animation team:
And for the end, ANIMATION TEAM, probably the best I had so far. They kinda saved our holidays. Shows in that theatre are amazing! Really funny and animators did a lot crazy stuff (don't wanna spoil any thing because you really need to see it). But my favorite part was ''part with animation team'' I would suggest this to any young people who travel there ( with parents or alone or in couple) to ask animation team for this party because 3 days in a week don't really remember which but what this actually means is that they give you ticket its like (12€ I think) and they give you bus transport to the different clubs (each day 1 club) and welcome drink in the club, they party with you and even if you are totally wasted they make sure you come to the hotel safe so really awesome experience :) I wanna say big thanks to Ana from Slovenia she was really the best, and of course all animation team, Chris, Ebru, Ola, Mando, Amy, Anna etc...

That's it and please don't spam me with mails because I still got a lot traveling to do and don't really have time to answer on all your questions. I can't even write all reviews. So that review of hotel should tell you everything you need to know.
So my final tips:
- If you don't care about food and you just wanna have good time in Hurghada go for it!
- If you traveling in that month and protests are still going on be ready to not go to Cairo
- If you traveling with teenagers go for it animation team will make sure they will leave with BIG smiles and a lot memories.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
gardenbeachresort, Public Relations Manager at SUNRISE Garden Beach Resort -Select-, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Mr. Mark,

Thank you for your feedback about our resort. We are sad to see that you didnt enjoy your stay with us.

We forwarded all your comments to the department heads for improvement

We hope that we can welcome you again and show you our improvements and give you a positive impression about our resort

The hotel management

Reviewed September 7, 2013

The hotel buildings is a piece of art, add to this a friendly and honest employees, a sandy beach and marina, even you can snorkel on-site (but other locations will be reacher of corals). We stayed with All-Inclusive package and we really feel free and enjoyed our time. Add to this a very nice animation team that has every night a new show and entertainment. The Gym is well equipped and very clean and professional with a coach on-site. The billiard and tennis table was in excellent state. A football and tennis court. Actually it was amazing to find all these facilities in just a hotel. It was really a magnificent trip. I can say that, this was one of the most beautiful trips in my lifetime.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

We want to thank you for your positive feedback about our resort.
We are happy to see that you and your family enjoyed their stay in our resort.

We hope to have the honor of welcoming you and your family again in your "second home"

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed here because our flight was delayed overnight. On arriving at the hotel, it took quiet a while to check in and even longer for our bags, which we collected ourselves in the end.

You could tell the hotel when it was built 10 years ago was a five star hotel, but sadly I wouldn't say it was now! Staff didn't seem to enjoy their work and everything was a chore for them.

Food quality, was very basic. After staying at a 4 star hotel (Three Corners - Ocean View) the food seemed very poor in contrast.

There were ants in the bathroom and furniture needed replacement. Beds were rock hard and even too hard for me and I like a hard bed!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We are sad to see that you didn't like our hotel.

As you only stayed for one night we hope that we can welcome you one more time and give you a positive impression about our resort.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Great holiday returned 13.08.13 can not fault hotel and staff made to feel welcome, room was good, clean and spacious. Travelled with husband and grandson. Many thanks to Salama (pool bar) Ahmed (towel man) also Kate guest relations. The whole of sunrise was very clean also good location would love to return in the near future,

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mrs. Sylv,

We want to thank you for your feedback about our resort.

We have personally thanked the mentioned staff members for their positive input in our guests. We are happy to see that they give you our "welcome home" feeling.

We will be happy to welcome you and your family again in our resort and make your stay even more better than this time.

The hotel management