This was our second stay at Sunrise Garden, having visited 3 years ago.
The hotel has had a re vamp and the main lobby is beautiful. The rooms were also redecorated but the mattresses were still quite hard.
The hotel and grounds were incredibly clean and the gardens were manicured to perfection. The house keeping service was exceptional, our room was cleaned to a very high standard.
Due to the recent problems in Cairo the hotel was very quiet, which meant there were no problems getting a prime spot by the pool of your choice. However, as the hotel was quiet they offered good value breaks to Egyptians (mainly from Cairo). I have to admit I have never encountered so many rude, selfish and greedy people in my life. Worse still a majority of Egyptian men were very intimidating towards myself and 17 year old daughter. They followed us around the resort and despite being asked to leave us alone they continued to hang around. What was really unacceptable was the fact they kept taking our photograph despite our objections. I did inform the staff and they were very helpful and advised us to contact them directly if we were uncomfortable. There were times when we regretted travelling to Egypt because of these men and I would recommend women think carefully about whether they would be happy to tolerate this.
The food was not as varied as the last time we stayed and I wonder if that was because the hotel had a low occupancy and therefore they cooked less. Generally the food was nice and well presented.
The best thing about the hotel is definitely the staff, they would do whatever they could to ensure you were having a great holiday. At lunch time Mustafa made the most amazing pizza's in the outside oven. The bar and restaurant staff remembered you and what you liked to drink and were always poised to serve you with another drink.
The reception staff remembered our name and room number and made it their mission to ensure we were well looked after and happy.
We had a treatment at the Spa, it was clean and quite grand looking but the floors were so slippery, we both nearly fell over a couple of times which didn't help us relax! Also the massage was supposed to last 45 minutes but it was nearer 20 minutes which was disappointing.
Despite the problems with the Egyptian men I would go back in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This elegant 5 star (local category) "All Inclusive" Resort is perfectly located in an extensive garden landscape. The private sandy beach offers relaxing hours directly at the Red Sea. Here you will enjoy breathless sunset and fantastic views to the desert, mountains and the turquoise waters of the beaches. For those, who prefer water activities, the Resort offers aqua park with 8 slides for adults as well as kid's mini aqua park for small guests who didn't reach 120 cm in height. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Sunrise Select Garden Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Select Garden Beach Resort And Spa
- Sunrise Select Garden Beach Hotel Hurghada