“Safir now Sea Shell”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hurghada
Safir Hotel Hurghada
Ranked #169 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed February 20, 2013

So pleased to say .....
Overall first experience of this hotel and Egypt last week was very pleasurable.

We had all read recent reviews of this property before we left to stay there. Reviews such as rooms not so good,dirty bathroom, not for the British, and do not stay here rung in our ears as we packed. We hadnt had a family holiday for two years and scrimped and saved to afford to take two middle aged home loving occasional pub going adults accompanied by three exuberant fun loving teenagers nearly 18 nearly 16 and nearly 14 to have what we half expect to be our last family holiday.

We returned last night after a fab week away.
1 - All three of our rooms 211, 213,215 were spotless, though not 5 star ,comparable to English 3 star comfortable and adequate.We did have a pesky mosquito or two that met their deaths. Communal areas always seemed spotless. Hotel only about a third full but restaurant had steady turn over of diners and tableware was 99.% of the time spotless
I agree there was a certain predictabillity with the food which is what you would tend to expect however it was all served well (cauliflower cheese was especially nice as were some of the puddings).
2. - No there weren't loads of Brits, actually only two other Brits were staying there during our time so if you want to be surrounded by Brits no this certainly isnt the place for you. We have spent the last week with some lovely Scandinavians E. Europeans and Europeans. (though we were told the previous week there had been a young group in residence who had been a bit rowdy) .

The staff are amazing.Very pleasant and eager to help. Multi lingual bouncing between english egyptian russian german etc etc with ease and most of the guests were able to converse in more than one language so we had no problems with our attempts at what we were taught in school.

Blue Sky's rep Karim was sadly a waste of time - As you can gather we are careful with our money and shopped about.
Kids booked scuba diving with the Padi outfit on site (one was already certificated so we knew what we were looking for). Can thoroughly recommend the Italian couple that run it.Had a fab day out with two dives sadly it was too windy for us oldies to snorkel but we still enjoyed the day.

We booked the Desert Safari with Osama - also on site - quad bikes, camels, jeeps, sand sliding, etc etc ending with Buffet and shows. Excellent value for money. Be advised that it does get cold at the end at this time of year so take something warm! If it had just been kids they would have loved to quads back in the dark others said this was amazing under the egyptian stars - my old bones just werent up to it!

Since it was Valentines day when we were away we treated ourselves to a full massage by Nadia - also on site. Magic hands. sorted out some aches and pains we had had for a while.

Otherwise time was spent lounging on the beach snorkelling in the little bay playing boules reading playing scrabble cards. Generally chilling. Kids werent particularly interested in the evening entertainment so cant comment there.Went down old Hurghada a couple of times best prices to be found are at the far end if you can face the constant enticements to buy. We tended to walk in the road a bit and got used to it afte a time.

Room Tip: Be aware evening entertainment can go on till midnight and if you want a sunny balcony its the left...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Wurzelsabroad

Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in an outside room in June 2012. The lobby and pools were quite impressive and we thought we were in for a 5 star stay. We were wrong. The bathroom was really dirty with stained toilet and shower. I wouldn't stay here again but do go to hurghada - the snorkeling is amazing !

• Stayed: June 2012
4  Thank AlJonAustralia
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I have just come back from this hotel and would not recommend that English visitors go there. Since I last visited in March 2012 it has new owners and Russian holidaymakers have been encouraged to go there. It has been renamed the Sea Shell, has been made all inclusive, and whilst most of the old staff have been retained, the hotel and its service is not the same. Waiters do not serve in the restaurant now and every night the food is the same, although edible. The Russians are loud, rude and selfish and loud music blares out on the PA system from 7.30 am until dusk! Definitely not the quiet, select hotel it used to be. Plastic cups have replaced glasses and blow about on the beach. The overall standard has gone down and it is definitely not a hotel for the English. I will not be staying at this hotel again, even though I have stayed there many times.

Room Tip: The only good part is the view so ask for a room on the second and third floors at the end.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank Busychick1
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The rooms, pool area and restaurant were filthy and I mean filthy. There is no choice for meals, every night is the same chicken, beef and fish. The chicken is so dry and none of the food seasoned. There is no fruit or cold meats(no five a day here). The drinks are served in small plastic cups (even the Lager) and are all served warm. You have to fill water bottles up from the water filter in the restaurant (warm). The hotel is small and the noice from the bar goes on til midnight. This is not a hotel if you wan't to meet others from the UK, mainly Russians. As for the staff, well friendly "No", helpfull "No" everything was such hard work to get done. Requested some laundry done, I had to call laundry myself, but could not do that as phone in room was not working, eventually reception called for me. Requested late check out, tolled to come back next day, then tolled to come back the next morning, which was day of checkout, staff just could not be bothered to help you. A freind made a call to the UK but was not alound to make another call until she had paid for the first one. Had a leak driping from my ceiling in the toilet, reported it to reception, the porter fixed it and replaced the wet tile in the ceiling but no one, not ever the cleaner, cleaned up the debris lying on the toilet floor and was still there when i checked out a week later. The tiles around the pool were all broken with holes, very dangerous with bare feet. I have stayed in egypt many times and this is by far the worst hotel stayed in. I recommend staying at another hotel this is NOT for the UK visitor.

Room Tip: If you really have to stay here the rooms accross the road are quieter. If you want a balcony/terra...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Rhonda0805
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This hotel needs some changing of management, and a quick one!
First of all, the hotel's location is bad. You literally don't have anything around it, to get a bottle of water you have to walk 15 minutes one way (on that heat!).

Another thing is the food. Not much choice, pretty poor actually, and a lot of national cuisine, which is not good for people who happen not to like it.

Also the rooms need some serious restoration, new beds and sheets, etc.

I definitely wouldn't go back there. But I would go back to Hurghada and to Egypt, I had a great time besides the bad accommodation!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Dzeny
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I was here with Contiki in August 2011. This was a last minute switch. The room was an average size for a hotel in the USA so that meant it was larger than an international one. Most of the rooms had a beautiful view. AC worked well, the bed was comfy, and there was a fridge. It was very quiet. I also had a balcony overlooking the pool. The lobby was nice and the gift shop kept strange hours. The pool area was lovely. I had some issues with my key/door at first, but I eventually got the hang of it.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank JackieNYC28
Reviewed July 19, 2012

The Hotel is very nice. We stayed in the back building and got a great room with a view. The fact is that you can not open the blinds since it is too hot, so the view is something you know its there  The back side of this building is odd, only sand, construction material and few construction workers, that’s its. The main flaw of the room was the bathroom, it was way too small for a 4* hotel, but you’ll get used to it. The room was quite clean, and there was no need for tipping anyone in this hotel since they are nice even without the tip  We also went to the “Health Centre”, the massage was excellent!
The staff was great, so polite, fast, smiling. Perfect. The Chefs did awesome job with the dinner and the lunch. The breakfast was a bit poor but there was enough food for the morning. Overall very very good food- vegetables, fruits, chocolate cakes, cookies, meat...
The beach was awesome! Quiet, sandy, clean, polite staff- prefect. The water is very clear and rather deep, which I loved. The view is awesome, and it is not crowded since it is a private beach of the hotel. There were no “angry” fish nor medusa- as it was the case for some of the surrounding beaches.
The general grade for this vacation is – more than I hoped for! I would certainly go to Egypt again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple