Sunny Days El Palacio Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
Stella Hurghada(Hurghada)
2,642 results
All reviewsanimation teamitalian restaurantsea viewopen seafishdifferent activitiesspecial thankshouse keepingcoral reeflobby barnice holidaymain restaurantbidomregyptprogramdance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Me and my family have stayed for 2 weeks in sunny days el palacio from 2nd of November. First when we have arrived we did not like the hotel so much and wanted to change the hotel becouse so many things was not quite right. We thought that 5 star hotel should have much better quality of the things like beach towels was old, the lounge chairs are broken and the room furnitue is a bit old.. while we have been thinking to change the hotel we was taken care by some really fantastic people working at your hotel. I just want to point three names cos particular they have made our stay very special and we did not want to change the hotel after we was looked after so well. The first person and the best, always helpful at any situation, friendly, very professional at his job and on my point of view the best and most valuable worker at the hotel, working at the main restaurant was Abdu. The other person is Nader at the bar outside - made good drinks.. quick and always with nice smile. Another person my kids have really enjoyed is Olga at the kids club - she is good with kids and they loved her and have enjoyed all activities at the kids club. After all we was very very pleased with our stay and would defenatly come back to your hotel. Those guys have made our stay unforgetable, comfortable and we would definatelly recommend and come back and stay again at your hotel every time we come to Egypt.

Room Tip: all rooms have either sea view or pool-sea view. The rooms further away from reception are quiter. Superior rooms are better.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
El_Palacio2013, Guest Relations Manager at Sunny Days El Palacio Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Dear guest!

Please let me take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your holiday reviews through this great channel, we are pleased to know that our hospitality met your expectation, asking your good self to trust that what you touch during this visit was the 1st step to develop our operation promising with more comfortable during your next visits. We are looking forward to welcome you soon in our Sunny Resorts wishing you a pleasant stay full of unforgettable memories.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

I was in Palacio in the end of November 2012. The weather and the sea was perfect. The hotel is OK if you do not have too high expectations and if you know that Egyptian standards are not the same as e.g. European. But the room was always clean, the towels and bathroom too. It is lucky if you have your room on the 3rd or 4th floor (main building) with sea view. It is quiet and have better furniture or TV.
The restaurant and food was nothing special, but as there was a wide range of meals you could alwasys choose something you like.
But I think it's not worth choosing the Italian and Fish restaurant at all, because what you get there is the same what you can get in the Main restaurant, but smaller and mine was cold as well. The only advantage is that it's not so crowded.
The lagoon is perfect if you like swimming and enjoying the silky water on your skin.
The staff was OK and helpful.
The negative things: the unbelievable expensive WIFI. In a 4 star hotel it is expected to be free of charge. The central air condition system is very 'old-timer', it should be developed, as well as the shower curtains. As I was in solo I would have been happier with a double bed and not 2 single bed (far from each other)
And I found the music utterly loud on the beach.
But overall I would recommend this hotel, I enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I was in this hotel from 6.11 - 16.11.2012. with my boyfriend and I can say I am very satisfied. Accommodation is good, furniture is not very new but everything was very clean, clean towels every day, great view from rooms, nice terrace. If by any chance you don't like your room from some reason, as we didn't like our room because it was in ground floor, you can easily change it with some other room, just ask receptionist and they will give you to chose room, of course in the end its nice to give them some tips :)
Beach is nice and clean, every day you can take clean towels for the beach. You can chose between two beach "lagoon" beach and open sea beach. If you like snorkeling, open sea beach is grate choice, on the ref at open sea you can see amazing fishes and great corals, you will spend hours exploring.
If you like diving you can visit diving center Aqua stars that work in hotels and with them you can have amazing day in underwater world.
Food was good, there is many different meals to chose and everybody can find something that you like to eat. Some times it can happen to be crowded because its big hotel and everybody go to eat in the beginning of lunch or dinner, if you like to avoid that go later, for example for lunch between 14:30 till 15:00 h and dinner after 20:00 h. Restaurant was clean, plates and glasses also, they really take care about this things.
There is a lot of Russians in hotel so all the animation is develop to please them, but if you like to have fun you can go one night on this shows that are organized in hotel, we went one night and we were laughing all the time, it was organized competition in dance and there was five Russian couples, they were very drunk and they were making a lot of stupidities that you cant even imagine, it was very funny :)
We had great time there and we really enjoyed. I would recommend this hotel to all the travelers, if you are positive and not very demanding you will love this place. Easily I would go there again. This hotel maybe is not very new but they take care of it very well and it deserve 4 stars in Egyptian standards. Also location of hotel is great you are close to everything, to new marina to Sakala and also to Memsa.

Room Tip: My suggestion for the rooms is to avoid rights side of the hotel on the open sea side and left side of the hotel that look over lagoon and the only reason is wind that was blowing very much in period when we were there that sometimes we had feeling it will blow us away :) Also rooms in ground floor are with bad furniture (old) as you go higher its better. All the rooms have great view so from this point you wont have problem :)
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MajaKostic

Reviewed November 26, 2012

First of all - this was my very first experience with travel to Egypt, so I did had my expectations pretty high. This was my first all-inclusive and resort type of accomodation as well.

Rooms are pretty worn out - you will find pieces that are broken, badly mended. For example - my remote control for the TV was broken, the controls of AC were functional but some buttons were missing. I ordered a single room, but apparently this hotel does not have single rooms - all you get in this case is double room. What`s most interesting - I had two seperate beds (I would expect one king-size bed if I stay in single room).
I had my room on the ground floor with a balcony, which is not so good because you hear people passing by outside.
Toilet - ok, shower almost had no water - it took me a long time to have a shower just because the lack of water pressure.
One day I had my room cleaned although I didn`t request it.
AC, when turned on, becomes a inter-hotel communication channel - you can hear people snoring at the nearby rooms, people going to toilet etc.

Food - it is edible but nothing special. You won`t find any exceptional tastes. They serve general European cuisine with a small touch of local one. Food served outside the Main restaurant is far better than the buffet inside. This food is prepared as they serve. Every day they have a specific theme for the cuisine. One day we had Italian cuisine - it was the tastiest food there served during my stay (freshly baked pizzas and lasagnas). During the last days of my stay we started to have dreams about having McDonalds, BurgerKing or KFC :)

Drinks - the local alcohol and beer is really bad. Rum, whiskey, vodka - everything taste the same. It felt that juices are made from concentrate with water - more like a cheap lemonade from supermarket.

Service - staff is 50/50 ignorant and friendly. If you tip them, they will become friendly and remember you during your stay.

Animation / Hotel life - everything is in order with the hotels apparent main clientele - Eastern European customers including Russians. Russian tourists are not a bother for me, but if I get the service in the same way - then it is disturbing for me. Evening shows / programme were nothing but disaster. When the hotel got more guests (Tue - Thu) basically there were people everywhere in the hotel public spaces round the clock.

Wi-fi costs ridicilously high - 10 USD a day, 4 USD an hour.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nuucha

Reviewed November 12, 2012

"+":
- 95% of rooms has a sea view or view to inside lagoon;
- very good choise if you want to swim - there are many possibilities - pool, inside lagoon, sea;
- inside lagoon is very good for kids;
- Hurghada's Sakala district - 20 min walking or 5 min with taxi.

"-":
- food, no varities and no capacity even in no-season;
- russian speaking tourists, because of them there are various restrictions in food and bar areas;
- wi-fi is not for free.

Room Tip: If you like sun, better choose rooms on the left side.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family