“Poor Service” 1 of 5 stars

Regina Resort
Ranked #106 of 208 Hotels in Hurghada
“Poor Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

I visited this hotel several times. First time it was so good but at the last time I visited at July ٢٠١٢ I found that it became the worse hotel I have ever seen. I went to many hotels like sunrise select garden beach resort And sunny days Palma de mirette and I found that there was a very poor service as if when I was in the registration reception they were letting me and my family to sit for continuous 3 hours for getting a room and they said that the cleaner is responsible for all the time share rooms, we went to our room finally, we found that there are mango peels on the sofa, the bathroom tub was filled with pee, the closet was so hard to open, the plates were not clean, the refrigerator was filled with ice and other sticky substance, the kitchen chairs were broken and the telephone was not working. We called the cleaner to clean all of this, when he cleaned for the first time he promised that he will clean it all of the days we are staying at these rooms. When we went for our first time to swim we found the swimming pool as it looks like some one vomited there, when I went to the sea I found that some People are throwing food and tissues, when I came to my room I found that the air conditioner was letting water to come out. The food was awful and made all my family sick. We always went to McDonald's as there the food is better than the hotel food the toilet was cleaned 2 times only in 1 week. I hope no one can go there

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
12 Thank George W
Regina R, Guest Relations Manager at Regina Resort, responded to this review, December 12, 2015
Good afternoon from us all at Regina Resort! Thank you sincerely for your review and your words. We appreciate your feedback and I would like to reassure you that we take all comments seriously in our endeavors to improve standards and meet guest expectations. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future, until then kind regards from the team here. Sincerely, Guest Relation Maria.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

One day during our stay at this beautiful resort, regina hurghada, we found lots of tourists gathering around something on the beach... was far away to see what's happening but as I came closer I saw an incredibly big sea-lion like animal laying by the beach, was so delighted to see such a big sea animal lively, but when we asked the life guard what this animal could be.. He replied this is a MERMAID!!!!!!!! Everybody was hooraying, we couldn’t believe our eyes that this is a real mermaid... I never imagined that this could be the real shape of the mermaid as we all know its always half a girl half a fish  I never thought that I would ever be able to see a mermaid alive its something that could happen once in your life time though we were sorry for her to be laying like this on the beach.. Soon authorities came and pulled her out of the water and took her to special laboratories to see what is the reason behind this incident as the mermaid looks normal doesn’t seem that she's been attached or bit by a shark or something... authorities said she will be put in Hurghada National Aquariam.. I would love to say that I have been so lucky to stay at this hotel to see a mermaid alive and would always come back to see what this miraculous sea would bring for us next time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
6 Thank Katya N
Good afternoon from us all at Regina Resort! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and also the fact you have taken time to write your review on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is invaluable. We hope you will visit us again in the future. Sincerely, Guest Relation Maria.
Hurghada, Egypt
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I had very bad experience in Regina this year and it was not the first time
I went 3 years ago and it was also base experience
rooms are not clean,
I asked the workers to come and clean they promised to come several times but they never come for a complete week
I had a problem with the bed, I asked reception to fix it but they did not do it also during the whole complete week of my stay
the place of the hotel is good in front of the sea
the swimming pool is not clean

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank MSabry

Travelers are raving about these Hurghada hotels

Tbilis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stayed there in September 2012, and I can't say that it was very awful, but of course there were problems of cleaning, and service as it wasn't proper for 4 star hotel, even not corresponding to 3 star hotel service...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank nataliaTbilis
Egypt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Unfortunately, the hotel is sooooooo bad, dirty. All rooms - whether hotel or time share - are sooooo dirty, room service team are so tough and unprofessional. They don't clean the rooms neither on a daily basis nor during our whole visit. The closet was kept broken, there were no pillows to sleep on, there were bugs....etc. For sure, I will not go there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Cairo, Egypt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

a very bad hotel very very bad no room service the rooms are so dirty the restraunt is too dirty and the food is bad it is not for eat the only good meal s breakfast it is not so good but better than the other the bathrooms smells so bad not clean at all :O but to be honest the beach is good the swimming pool not so good but really the rooms,the restrants the bathrooms are sooooooo bad and the water cuts a lot we also changed our room 5 times we take all the day trying to find l good room

Room Tip: the beach rooms are better than others
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Belgrade, Serbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Unfortunately the plates in the restaurant were dirty, also our rooms when we first came. Hotel staff was unprofessional and bothering me all the time, room cleaners, kitchen staff, pool staff.. everybody. The only good thing was Animation team Smiley so we had fun with them but as for hygiene very very bad :(( I dont think that we will stay again in Regina.

Room Tip: choose the ones in the main building
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family