“Not as bad as some reports suggested!!”
Review of Hotel La Perla

and 1 more site!
Hotel La Perla
Ranked #153 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“Not as bad as some reports suggested!!”
Reviewed March 27, 2009

We have just returned from a one week stay at this hotel. Yes it could do with a little bit of TLC and yes some of the plates were chipped and yes the all inclusive package was more like full board, but for a cheap holiday it was fine. We had a very basic room but who stays in their room all day??? We had clean bedding every day and clean towels every day and the room was cleaned every day what more can you ask for? the food was quite repeatative but hey where ever you go all inclusive can be like that but it was nice and we never got a tummy upset once! It was what we paid for quiet and friendly and a chill out for a week! I get so disappointed about people's reviews as I feel they forget that the star system in these countries are not like English hotel standards. Please note we went for a week and really enjoyed it I was so scared of going after reading some reports but believe me I would go again!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jburke6366

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
Lancashire
Reviewed February 4, 2009

Stayed there for a week in October 2008 and it was great. For what we paid for (about £5 a night!) we couldn't ask/expect any more. The rooms were clean, hotel staff friendly and the location was great too. Just 5 min walk from beach and 2 min taxi ride into town. We weren't in the hotel much to be honest, spent most of our time at the beach or out partying till early hours of the morning. Was on a B & B basis, so can't say much about the food. Ideal for those on a budget and those not expecting five star luxury.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank JBearLancashire
bolton
Reviewed December 9, 2008

I would avoid this hotel at all costs, food choice bad ,bedroom very basic, towels leave a lot to be desired,staff attitude bad rude and unhelpful,crockery chipped and unclean. would not recommend anyone to go to this hotel how cheap it may appear.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank sharmdreamer

Travelers are raving about these Hurghada hotels

alena

• Stayed November 2008
1 Thank alenka_74
Manchester
Reviewed November 12, 2008

Please Please Please Don't go to La Perla. My partner & I waited 7 years for our dream holiday to Egypt. What a total disaster. There is too much to write on this review so I will try to keep this as short as possible. Before going to La Perla I read some of these comments and thought I'll just have to wait & see. Oh! my. Well I saw and experienced the worst 'holiday' in my life. Like other writers we too were put in the hotel Fantasia on our first night. How disgusting was that place. We had to physically flush the toilet ourselves. I didnt sleep. The second day we didn't get our room at La Perla until 2pm. The food at La Perla was absolutely disgusting. We lived on boiled eggs and cake for 11 nights. Most of the time we went to MacDonalds, Pizza Hut etc. Thank God for fast food. (never thought I'd say that). About the 7th day of our stay the key sprouted legs and went for walkies. We were told we would have to pay £15 for a new key. However, the cleaner said he might be able to find the key for £10.00!! It took us all night until we eventually spoke to the Directing Manager (nice man). We even had the police out. What a nightmare. Then to add insult to injury. The day before we left we were told we never had a voucher (which they said they needed to claim for our stay there). We were told if we didn't pay again for the holiday we couldn't leave. My partner spent over £100 in phone calls trying to resolve the matter. We didn't have a rep, couldn't get in touch with our agent as we booked the holiday via teletext and apparantly we were sold to other companys. The whole thing was a big confusion and a mess. I refused outright about paying again. Im now writing a letter of complaint. It seems almost everyone is after your money for one reson or another. If you want to go to Hurghada go further up to the higher class hotels. I 'm sure you will be treated with more respect. I think the only 2 things that came out of my stay at La Perla was befriending Mohammad a fantastic guy at the corner shop next to La Perla. The other good thing was that I lost half a stone because I couldn't eat the dog food which was served there. Heed my warning!

• Liked — Iv'e been sat for 20 mins thinking about this question and I can't come up with an answer.
  • Disliked — The food, and basically if you have a disabiltiy you've no chance.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Poppy047
Leeds
Reviewed November 8, 2008

I recognise what other reviewers are saying, but la Perla was so cheap - we paid £33/week for bed and breakfast - we just made sure we were in the hotel as little as possible. It is a question of expectations: we were not expecting the Marriott for £33 a week. Yes they did try and put us into the Fantasia when we arrived but if you refuse they will find you a room in the main hotel. The tv, fridge, radio and phone did not work but we did not need them: the air con worked and the shower worked. We took an electronic bug killer as there were mosquitos. We had to demand towels some days. Yes the food was monotonous and yes you have to ask for a clean cup each morning. It is best to budget for eating out: Da Nannis (turn right ) was lovely , as was Bulls (walk out the side door, through the Fantasia and turn left). The nearest ATM was in the Marriott, we also used their internet cafe. A short taxi ride away (7-9 £E) was Falfela a lovely egyptian restaurant. £10E will get you to the new Marina which is lovely and therefore expensive: try the Lodge. La Perla has an arrangement with Dream Beach (ask for a card on reception) if you want rank upon rank of sunbeds and access to sea (not really a beach). But if you just want a cheap place to sleep because you are out all day eg diving, it is fine. Our rep (Ayman) was lovely and helped out Brits whose own rep did not help (they got moved to another hotel).

Stayed November 2008
3 Thank LeedsDiver
Dublin
Reviewed November 3, 2008

Don't stay here!
When we arrived the staff were very unfriendly. They made a fuss about not being able to find our booking. After some time at check in they eventually had a porter show us to our room. However we proceeded to be taken across the street and asked to fill in forms for another hotel, Fantasia. The porter tried to make out it was the same hotel but after some further investigation on our part they admitted that this was a different hotel but they insisted it was the same class. We reluctantly were shown to our room. It was clearly not the same class or anywhere near it. It was in bad condition, worst than the roughest budget hotels we've stayed in! There was a window pane missing which any person could climb through to gain access to our room. The TV wiring had no plug, just wires into the mains and sparks flew out when I tried to turn it on. There was no towels or sheets and the quality of the beds were very bad. There was mould on the curtains which were only partially hung and the bathroom was very dirty with no running hot water.

We went back to the reception of La Perla where they admitted that they were overbooked. We did speak to the manager eventually who was very apologetic but that does not excuse the fact that we were not given what we booked. In addition the booking was half board however we chose not to eat the dinner because it was a buffet that had been sitting out for hours and looked unappetising to say the least. The same can be said of the breakfast which we also declined.

Truly disgusting place.

• Liked — Leaving it
  • Disliked — The dirt.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple