The Grand Hotel Hurghada
$155
$85
$113
  • Pool
All reviewsbooked through red sea holidaysfishrestaurants and barsnile cruiseanimation teamfamily holidayamazing hotelmimowaitersbellykingsdisco
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Warm beer, Ultra slow service, Women's lobby toilets "DIRTY", Rude staff (not all), Reception don't care, 95% german hotel and that was just the lobby!
The room was cleanish but very dated, shower raiser broken, shower curtain stank, grout was black, hair dryer did not work, basin plug got stuck, hot water or lack of hw, electric kept going off, as bugs got really bittern the place is full of them, tv did not work.
Food was very average maybe a bit under that.
The only thing that saved our holiday was that the beech was lovely and the gardens were well maintained.
Been to egypt a few times now and this was well under par!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't go there!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank suzukirizla
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Hello,
We have been to the Grand Makadi and the Makadi Palace several times...
Each time, we have asked Mohamed Heragy to drive us from the airport to the hotel and also to drive us to Louxor, Cairo, Hurghada city,...
He is very kind, drives carefully, is always on time.
If you need someone, I really advice you this young man who speaks english very well and is always here to help you.

Here is the website you can join him
www.hurghadatransfer.com

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank amrepa
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We, my partner and I, spent a week in this hotel in February 2012. Despite of the many bad reviews our choice was clear - also because the offer was financially very tempting; and we were very right. Our room was quite nice, cleaned very well every day (gave a little tip for the service - that was obviously very much appreciated). Most of the buildings are only two stories high - so the whole area is very much dominated by the gorgeous garden. The meals are o.k. - we even had salads and fresh fruit every day and felt well the whole time (also that despite of many warnings). The staff was rather friendly and we could not see that the hotel was that old and worn out as many other reviewers experienced. In all: a nice stay on the seaside for an unbeatable price to have a wonderful break from this winter's cold!

Room Tip: the rooms from 600 to 620 (ours was 614) are of the lowest = cheapest standard but are very quiet, have a nice terrace, are on the ground level and very close to the beach with garden and little sea view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank antares245
Reviewed January 9, 2012

My stay in that hotel was a very bad experience.

1-Reservation: They didn't give me the option to choose between the hotel and the resort but simply made my reservation to the hotel because it is more expensive.

2-New year's eve party: There were 3 parties each is for a certain amount of money but again I was only told about the most expensive one only and didn't know about the other parties until I got there but it was too late because I had already booked. Although I booked the most expensive party, its dinner was just food and no drinks included even water ALTHOUGH my reservation is all inclusive :S

3-Rooms: Rooms are old. Although the hotel was not full but they booked me a room almost inside the storehouse :( but they were nice -being sarcastic- to allow me to replace it with a room in the THIRD floor and very far from the beach and loopy.

4-food: There are no variety in food and always not well done.
Once while I was having my breakfast some guy offered to bring us fresh orange juice as a welcome drink then surprised us with the check and said the fresh orange is out the all inclusive.

5-All inclusive: is nonsense, you can only get drinks from bars but not restaurants while bars are few and the hotel is very big, it is like you need a cap to get to the bar. the bars start at 10:00 am so don't expect drinks before that time.

6-Animation team is lame and don't make any remarkable activities.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ahmed_AL
Reviewed October 24, 2011

We found this hotel to be a good standard but we were lucky to get one of the better rooms with a view of the pool. The room was both spacious and clean but still a little tired with chipped furniture. We did have a big problem with mosquitos but the hotel reception sent a can of spary for the room and this sorted the problem out. We were all inclusive and were made to wear arm bands, service was slow for us until we were known for tipping then everyone fell over themselves to serve you. If you didn't tip regulary you didn't get good service, especially from the bars and the same applied to the cleaning of your room. Even the beach towel person expect his tip everyday, that was the downside for me. Apart from that the food was not bad with plenty of choices of places to eat inside the hotel. Unfortuntely we visited when the riots where on and within a few days of arriving most Europeans were leaving and no new arrivals came in, then staff out numbered guests. The hotel laid staff off and closed down almost all of its eating places so we only had a choice of a beach bar or bistro type place, food choice got worse too. To be honest we didn't really sample the best of the hotel. I would certainly go back there again as we enjoyed what little they had on offer at what seemed to be a most trying time for the Egyptians..

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple