I stayed with my friend in the hotel a week ago and the hotel grounds and the rooms are lovely. Bed was really, really comfortable to sleep on and hotel is quiet, no noise in the evenings or nights.
Service was in overall good but the staff was sometimes a bit slow and difficult to understand. Probably their lack of english caused that problem. Room cleaner boy you "must" tip if wanting to get good and clean service. Otherwise we did not tip the staff.
Heated pool was enough and the beach was just opposite the street, system works well.
A few big minuses:
- you are not allowed to bring beverages or food into the hotel, including water. They were reasoning it with hygiene reasons but in reality it is just a rip off as a water bottle in the hotel costs 15 LE and just outside the hotel 2 LE.
- We had a half board and the breakfast was mediocre at its best. Croissants were dry and the fruits were boring (majority of time just apples, 2 days we had tangerines and bananas). Yogurts were nice. Water in breakfast you had to buy separately. Breads were good, excluding pastries and croissants did not touch the warm breakfast bit as at dinnertime you get enough fat.
Dinner buffet was plentiful but really salty and salads were too oily. Meat and aubergine salads were nice. I gained weight in one week 3 kilos. I also managed to get diarrhea from there (just ate in the hotel, no where else). They could do more healthy options. Dessert table was a real disappointment. Cakes looked delicious but all tasteless and dry. I tried once and that was enough. My friend tried them in all 7 days and said they were same s..t every day.
I recommend the hotel to all who wish to have a lovely, relaxing 5 star accommodation but truly recommend to eat outside the hotel, food is not worth it unfortunately.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everything at the Grand Resort is on an impressive scale. Lying right on the tourist promenade, at the very heart of the modern resort area of Hurghada, it boasts generously-sized rooms and an innovative figure of eight layout that allows one side of the hotel to cater for those seeking lively entertainment and music while the other offers tranquillity for those who simply want to relax and unwind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your The Grand Resort Hurghada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Hotel Hurghada
- Grand Hotel Hurghada
- Grand Resort Hurghada
- Grand Resort Hotel Hurghada