1,050 results
All reviews aqua park jasmine beach pool bar jasmine hotel aladdin hotel foam parties animation team fish oriental restaurant sofa bed beach restaurant choice of restaurants great holiday kebab fire show clean towels the beach is great
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 week ago

This is probably one of the best 4-star hotels in Hurghada: one big territory for three hotels, several beaches, a water park, good location. Yet the service is poor as usual in Egypt, some of the staff shouldn't be working at the hotel in the first place. The rooms aren't new, but in general the price and quality are approximately equivalent. Of course, better not to buy a tour at the peak of the season.
We arrived at the hotel at about 11 and checked in in about half an hour. Receptionist said that they give us a standard room, since there are no others available anyways.
Everything looked quite normal inside the room, the furniture was old, but still in good condition, the plumbing was ok, everything worked fine and nothing broke, the cleaning service was poor as usual. We went for a swim to Jasmine beach, it has the most convenient entrance to the sea and there are a lot of interesting things under water, like corals and fish, not just tiny ones, but also stingrays, big black napoleons, we even saw moray eels couple times in the evening, so just take a mask and flippers – there is enough space for swimming and snorkeling.
Food choice is not bad, meat dishes are different every day, there are a lot of delicious desserts, we didn’t order any side dishes at all . But of course there were queues, some hungry people were crowding there even before the opening hours. Waiters were in the situation when they could not physically get their job done on time and sometimes washed the dishes badly.
Entertaining is great here. There is a children's water park and an adult one, slides of different sizes, lifeguards are always there and by the pools too.
The animators team is good, always positive and never boring. In the evening we went to the shows, there were often invited performers, we also went to the neighbor hotels to see what they’d got. We also visited historical Luxor and went on a boat trip to dive in the open sea. It’s better to order trips on the Internet at Mido Bikham’s, his tours are much cheaper than the ones hotel guide advertises. There were a lot of guests from different countries – people from Western Europe, Russian speaking ones, not to mention Arabs. There is a weak wifi connection in the hotel, which works only in the lobby, for those who don’t like it it’s better to buy a local sim card.
In general, we had a nice vacation, there are flaws in any hotel of this category, it just depends on how lucky you are.

Date of stay: July 2019
Azharmoominka, Public Relations Manager at Ali Baba Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay with us and for sharing your experience. We were so excited to read that you appreciated our hotel as the best 4-star hotels in Hurghada and liked our territory, beaches, entertainment team and Water Park.
But we were sorry to hear there were some issues with service in the hotel. As guests’ satisfaction is our priority at all times we have regular hospitality training for all team. Please rest assured we will address this with the Hotel Management team to ensure we improve on this.
Also we have 3 all-inclusive restaurants serving full-time breakfast, lunch and dinner. All guests have enough time to enjoy their meals without any rush.
Regarding another issues we always advice for all our guests to contact our Guest Relation Department where you will be offered different options to be able to solve all inconveniences and enjoy your holiday. The next time you stay at the hotel, please feel free to contact our guest relation officers and we would be delighted to welcome you back to Alibaba Palace.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Fantastic service nothing was never to much especially by Mina and Mohammed who helped with our every needs. We would 100% recommend visiting the Ali Baba Palace, the Egyptian people are so friendly and so welcoming.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Azharmoominka, Public Relations Manager at Ali Baba Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Ted,

Sunny greetings from Alibaba Palace!
Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with us. It was a pleasure for us to host such a wonderful guests like you. We are delighted to know that our staff made your vacation enjoyable and you have spent a lovely and relaxing holiday in our house. We would like to forward your kind words to our entire team. It will be a great honor for us to greet you again in our hotel.

Best Regards, Ali Baba Management.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have just returned back to the UK after a week of hell at this resort. First piece of advice I can offer to anyone contemplating booking this resort... please read the reviews. This was where I went wrong and it ruined my entire holiday.

Upon arrival at 11pm (we were shattered & hungry at this point) we were checked in and given all the necessary paperwork/information. We then enquired about food, only to be directed to the restaurant and offered bread and salad. There was no hot food available. We then asked about ordering food in, to which we were told we would have to use the hotels telephone centre and pay for the call (£3). The men at the centre were rude and unhelpful regardless of clearly seeing how distressed we were because of our young children being hungry. Instead of helping us, they were sniggering and laughing at us, making us feel very uncomfortable and angry. We tried to get through to the nearest fast food place (KFC) however there was no answer. We were still charged for the call. It was now 12:30am and we had to resort to putting our children to bed hungry.

Rooms: Just when we thought things couldn’t get worse, we were taken to our rooms (connecting room). The man that escorted us with our luggage was nice enough. Although he had limited English, he ensured that we were comfortable in using the AC, the safe etc. To my surprise, there was no tea/coffee making facilities in the room. I have travelled a lot but I have never been to a hotel/resort that has no tea/coffee facilities in the room. Moving on to the actual room itself... it was horrendous. It looked very unclean and unkept. The furniture was dated and the tiles were broken and stained. The shower room was atrocious; broken/chipped wall and floor tiles, mould in the shower, rust on the handles, mould around the toilet and generally quite filthy. I’ve never been anywhere where I’ve had to shower with my slippers on. My bedding was changed once in the 7 nights that we were there and although we were given clean towels daily, they were stained and ripped. On the second night, the AC in my room was leaking, I made several calls regarding this and had to clean it myself until the issue was resolved 2 days later. we were given the option of upgrading to a deluxe room for £10 a night however we refused as a matter of principle.

Resort grounds: The gardens are beautiful and well maintained however the same issues were apparent with the main pool on the grounds. There were broken/chipped tiles in and around the pool side. The tiles were also extremely slippery, causing many people to slip and fall.

Food: There are 4 main restaurants on the resort, all of which are as bad as each other. The food is vile and the same across all restaurants. There is a Chinese/Indian restaurant however this is not included in the ‘all inclusive’ package which I will come on to next. Some of the food is included, however most of it is chargeable. Unfortunately, my aunty fell ill from the food and was left with an upset stomach for 2 days. Only one of the restaurants caters for young children; pizza and pasta, however the queue is awful. There is also huge queues outside of the restaurants every evening. We resorted to eating out on the last 3 nights.
‘All inclusive’ - I have travelled to many resorts around the world and to me, the concept of ‘all inclusive’ means that EVERYTHING is included. Not at Ali Baba though. We were shocked to find that ice creams, milkshakes, popcorn and other snacks have to be paid for. I asked for a carton of milk to take back to my room for my little one, I was asked to pay £3 for it. Ridiculous.

Service: There is nothing more important than customer service for me and whilst some of the staff appeared to be friendly and polite, majority of them (including management) were rude, disrespectful and unhelpful. The staff at reception seem to think they are too good for everyone else and would quite blatantly talk/laugh at you whilst you’re stood right infront of them. As all of the staff are male, it’s quite uncomfortable when they look at you in a sleazy way (they aren’t even discreet about it). Most of the workers do not understand any English, so it’s a huge struggle trying to communicate with them, particularly when it’s regarding the comfort of your children. When they get frustrated because of the communication barrier, they very rudely shout, “WHAT?”. No common courtesy or manners at all.

WiFi: I booked through On the Beach and it clearly stated on their website that there is free WiFi. False information. The only free WiFi is in the lobby however due to loads of guests trying to access it, it doesn’t work at all. We resorted to buying the WiFi for £10, but yet again we were not told that it doesn’t work anywhere other than the lobby and during peak time (evenings) it still doesn’t work as others are also accessing the network. When we complained about this (on the 4th night) they offered to refund us £6 back because we had used 4hours of the internet so had to pay £4 for it.

Entertainment- The entertainment was a hit and miss. The kids entertainment (kids disco) was on pretty much every night and consisted of the same thing. There were adult discos that were supposedly ‘suitable’ for young children at 10:30pm, however some of the content in terms of song choices and dances were not appropriate for children at all. On several occasions we had to leave. Alex from the entertainment team was friendly and made a huge effort to get guests involved.

Whilst on holiday, I began reading the reviews about Ali Baba (something I should have done earlier) and they were quite negative with similar issues being highlighted. One that I came across was regarding check out at 12pm and having to pay extra to stay on the resort. Now our flight was a night flight and transfer was arranged to collect us at 6:15pm. This was quite concerning as we had young children and we desperately needed somewhere comfortable for them. Our concerns were then highlighted to a lovely guest relations lady who was very understanding. She then spoke to the operations manager about our horrendous stay and they wanted to speak to us. The operations manager approached us on our last night where we gave him constructive feedback about our experience. At first, we were told we could stay to use the facilities and have lunch but would not have our room. We then expressed our concern regarding the children (they would need to nap in the day) and they agreed to let us keep the room until 6pm and no extra cost. It was then then that the operations manager insisted that we sign a disclosure form that stated our issues have been resolved and we wouldn’t be taking any further action. I signed the form simply because I was worried that they would go back on their offer of the room however my aunty refused to sign it. It was our final night, nothing could make up for a week of what we had been through.

After counting down the days/nights, finally the day to check out had arrived. We did not use the facilities but instead prepared to go back. Our luggage was collected by a lovely man and taken to the lobby where we were able to check out. Our coach had arrived to take us back to the airport and we couldn’t have been more thrilled. However, the receptionist started telling us that we had money to pay on our room paperwork. When asked what for, he said for the phone call and the milk (£6). After a week of hell and spending on food and snacks, I refused to pay a single penny more to that hotel. They then called the operations manager who let us off the phone call but insisted I pay for the milk. Just to get out of there, I pulled out 3 English pound coins. They said they couldn’t accept this because coins were useless to them and insisted I paid with Egyptian money. I had ran out of Egyptian money and so they asked me to pay with English money (notes only). I only had £20 notes and tried to explain that Paying for £3 milk would leave me with 17 pound in Egyptian money which was no use to me as I was going home now. They then suggested that i pay and with the Egyptian change,
I exchange this at the airport. At this point I was fuming as that was inconvenient for me. I then paid by card (the whole process took 20mins). I was outraged.

I couldn’t have been more happier to get on that coach and leave. It truly was a nightmare and if this review saves atleast one family from booking at this resort, I’ll be happy. This has put me off ever travelling back to Egypt.

2  Thank Farah H
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went there on summer vacation ( July ). Was really hot, around 39-40C as expected..ali baba is a large resort, they have rooms near the beach and rooms near by the pool. Depends on your preference, i will suggest to ask the front reception about your room location. They have 5 restaurants, 3 at the main lobby and 1 japanese/indian food(This one is excluded. You will have to pay for some food) and one at the beach, mainly for lunch. There is also a mini market in the lobby, but if you need a lot of things like sunblocks, toothpaste etc i will recommend to walk outside, accross the road to your left you will find a bazaar with mini market, souvenirs shop and prices will be much cheaper there.
Also some extras activity here: billiard, bowling, ice skating.
Room: Will need a lot of improvement..everything is falling apart :( but there is balcony, ac and fridge.
Beach: you will need water-shoes, nice to practice snorkeling. Go to aladdin beach if you're looking for sandy beach, about 5 min walk from ali baba beach.
Pool: poolbar, aqua gym in the morning. Quite nice.
Also very important, if you have euros, just bring it with you. I was surprised that all prices are in euro instead of EGpound. Also handy to have coins like €1 or €2 for tips.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Azharmoominka, Public Relations Manager at Ali Baba Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for your review.

Please accept our personal apologies if some aspects did not correspond with your holiday. We are working constantly on improving our services to meet and exceed our guest’s expectations. In 2018 and 2019, we have launched 3 buildings with all-new renovated deluxe rooms; pool bar, shisha bar and 2 all inclusive restaurants are recently renovated as well. Please be sure that we are taking measures to improve all our services and facilities to make your vacation safe and comfortable. We would be delighted to welcome you again.

Reviewed August 8, 2019

Having read some of the English reviews (we do tend to have similar standards!) we panicked a bit. Particularly as we booked this as it was a "bargain", £3k all inclusive in the school summer holidays for the 4 of us felt cheap to us anyway. We have read the trip advisor reviews and concluded they are reviewing a different hotel.

Firstly, this hotel isn't a 5*, so don't expect it to be. I'd put it at a very good 3*, bordering 4*, only because the rooms do need a lick of paint and TLC. Dangerous though, as some reviews suggest? Absolutely not.

Food: plentiful and delicious. There were numerous types of food and never once did we go hungry. Strange that there was no butter for any meal other than breakfast though. Some of the Egyptian stews were absolutely fantastic. They could do with more pasta and pizza chefs though, as there was always a queue which got frustrating when other nationalities aren't as queue-tolerant as us Brits.

Pool: it's everything you need in a pool, although the early-bird catches the sunbed. If you leave later than 8am you've got no chance, but the sun is lovely and warm even that early so just start the day earlier.

Bars: bit odd that they funnel everyone to the lobby bar on an evening. Why couldn't they leave the beach bar open later (it closes at 5).

Rooms: we had an older room and nothing wrong with it. Yes, the bed is uncomfortable (but if you want your own mattress stay at home!) but was clean and shower was powerful (and tall enough for me at 6ft 3, which is unusual in Arabic countries).

Beach: the beach is nicer at the sister Aladdin hotel, but it's literally right next door and thing stopping you from using it.

All in all, a cheap 2 weeks in the sun was requested and was what we got. Our kids loved it, no one got ill and we all came back in one piece with some great memories.

Dear Mark,

Sunny greetings from Alibaba Palace!

Thank you for sharing your positive impressions about your stay with us.We are glad to know you enjoyed your holiday and were impressed by our food, service, cleanliness and came back home with some great memories.
We are working constantly on improving our services to meet and exceed our guest’s expectations. In 2018 and 2019, we have launched 3 buildings with all-new renovated deluxe rooms; pool bar, shisha bar and 2 all inclusive restaurants are recently renovated as well. Please be sure that we are taking measures to improve all our facilities to make your vacation safe and comfortable. We would be delighted to welcome you again.