All reviews aqua park jasmine beach pool bar jasmine hotel foam parties animation team aladdin hotel fish oriental restaurant beach restaurant choice of restaurants great holiday fire show kebab the beach is great cleaned every day enjoyed our holiday
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We traveled over Christmas and New year 18/19. We were a party of 5, family of 4 including two young children and elderly father.

This resort is not accommodating to UK visitors, I am not saying we deserved special attention, but, it would be nice to have gone into the information area and seen a board with resort information along with all the other foreign visitor information boards. It became very hard with young children seeking out information.

Food....The food was the same everyday, literally the same. I love different cuisine as much as the next person, one of our reasons to travel, but everyday with no change was heartbreaking. We ended up resorting to the local KFC/McDonald’s across the road on more than one occasion...and we generally never resort to cheap generic fast food, that for me is an indication on how bad we found this holiday. We paid for all inclusive due to young children, we felt this would be giving them the choice to experience everything. Please be aware, all inclusive at this resort means food/drink available in the designated areas at specific times only...not a problem I hear you say!! Well try experiencing this with children and a Queue of more than two hundred people at each door at 5.45pm waiting for the doors to open at 6pm. We tried every scenario, queue early to avoid the long wait, join the queue as and when, eat later to avoid queue...each scenario involves being elbowed and shoved by others who act like they haven’t eaten in a month. Be aware, small children can get hurt, Tip...get the husband to go to the front of the Queue and when door opens he runs like a maniac to get a suitable table...you join at a suitable pace but not too late to join the “wheel of death” this is in the first restaurant which has a buffet circle where you join much like the march of the penguins in the artic, you move a step at a time to get what you need....this takes time, you will learn new skills like balancing your entire families plates on all arms to enable you to eat together. Leave children at the table, I had to save my two from being crushed twice while waiting for pancakes, you will literally have the thought “ do I really need food” while holidaying here, sad truth is....yep you need food.

Another annoyance is the smoking, now I have lived in the Middle East for over 8 years and I am used to smoking everywhere, but, at every entrance to every building, at the kids disco, in the breakfast restaurant and at dinner tables is just too much. No smoking signs act as decoration only.

CATS!!! They are everywhere, again I have no problems with culture and as an African country, especially Egypt I expected them. Well this is on a new level than other parts of Egypt. There are piles of food everywhere which I can only assume are from foreign visitors. This has resulted in loads of the fattest cats I have ever seen which I didn’t have a problem with, that is until I watched them dig holes in the sand and poop bloody diarrhoea then burry it next to the playing children. That was the one and only visit to that park.

The beach ...it’s lovely no major problems it is a beach. My daughter did accidentally leave her sandals there and we didn’t get far before realising but they were gone. They were never handed to lost property so we wrote them off.

Staff selling tactics...You will get asked every two min (we timed it) if you want a smoothly, fish dinner, facial, boat trip, to book a table.... then the same rotation again for what seems like forever. It is constant, you say politely “no” then after the 100th time you find yourself becoming more and more blunt...the worst side of you comes out with the more hassle you receive...they don’t stop!!

The Christmas event itself was shameful, even if you were all inclusive you found yourself paying €25 per person for a chair to sit down, even if you didn’t want to watch the show (seriously too late for little ones, also the burlesque dancers may have
taken my 6&9 year olds minds to different places)

This finally brings me on to the WIFI ....they advertise free WiFi but as reception informs you on check in...it is not very good and if you get connected you are lucky as there are too many people and connection is poor and it’s only in the lobby. “ HOWEVER if you would like to purchase one or sim cards it will cost you €20 each and this gets you WiFi everywhere, we had to cough up as we had to keep contact with home and do boring stuff like flight check in.

There are no room safes, we booked a room with a safe but due to a booking error (on their part) we were downgraded. By the time they accepted their error my elderly father was unpacked and settled, we sucked it up and just made do.
Resort rooms....The room toilet had urine around the seat and was generally dirty, a quick call to the front desk and the room was re cleaned. Generally the room was always clean and the room staff very attentive....obviously the level is a direct result on the extra daily tip you leave.

The water park is fine, kids enjoyed it although it opened at 10 and closed at 12.30, the park stops for lunch and you have to leave. You can return later after lunch.

Check out- check the time you leave for the airport home. They will insist you check out at 12, once you check out your entitlement to food and drinks will end as they cut your band off. Now as you are in a resort you still need snacks and drink for your children until flight time and if your flight is after 6 you will need dinner also, this is where they inform you of the € charge for food/drink and showers which are unexpectedly expensive. There is a resort shop but you will get the giggles when you read the prices, even local food, they know their market and they know you have no other options...I applaud them.

There is so much more I could say but these were the major areas which left a bad taste. After speaking to others there we were not alone in our thinking, the atmosphere is generally “ waiting to leave” which is sad but very true. It is bearable for a week but there are so many other resorts around....choose them!! I hate writing a negative post but I checked reviews before going and had I know the above I would have not chose this one.

Date of stay: December 2018
Reviewed May 4, 2019 via mobile

We stayed at alibaba palace for a week 8th of April.

After reading some negative reviews about English people not been welcome we nearly changed our hotel!
I am so glad that we didn’t... from checking in to leaving the hotel, the staff could not of been more welcoming, helpful and attentive.

We was a party of 10, 4 adults and a mix of children 18,17,14,12,6 &6 and we all absolutely loved our holiday. So please don’t be put off by negativity at all because it’s simply amazing

The hotel grounds are so well looked after, lovely and clean throughout the hotel.
The housekeeping was faultless. They were very friendly and do a fantastic job.

We did take advantage of the boat trip with scuba diving & the quad bikes, this is highly recommended.
We also went to the marina in a taxi it’s around 10 minutes away, it is beautiful, I’m so glad we saw this amazing place.

For a mixture of ages, everyone loved Alibaba palace. So thank you all for making us welcome and making our stay feel like home, from home.

A special mention to Mena Nabil, Ahmed Naady and Ashwraf Sheco for looking after us you are a credit to the hotel.

1  Thank swissm033
Maja N, Manager at Ali Baba Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from Ali Baba Palace!

Thank you for sharing with us your impressions, we are truly happy that you enjoyed your holiday with us.
It is always a pleasure for us to have such nice guests in our hotel. We are especially glad to hear that you were happy with all of our team, because that is one of the key features that distinguishes out hotel from the other properties. Our staff is always utmost friendly and at your service, willing to meet any of your special demands.

Looking forward to welcome you and your family in our Hotel again, assuring you that we will make your holiday unforgettable.

Best regards, Hotel Management

Reviewed April 27, 2019

This was my first holiday in Egypt and I loved every minute of it.
It has to be the best holiday I have been on. We only stayed for a week, but wish we had booked for longer.The staff are very friendly and helpful, they cannot do enough for you. The food is a bit limited especially for children, but I cannot fault the food otherwise.
We went on the Golden Safari -on quad bikes across the desert, which was fab. We also went on a private boat for the day which included scuba diving.this was my first time and it was bloody brilliant.
I'm hoping to return in the near future.

Room tip: Enquire about the different coloured wrist bands black, red and gold!. upgrades on rooms and extras like ice skating and bowling included.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Jennie G

Dear Jennie,

Warm greetings from Ali Baba Palace!

Thank you for sharing with us your impressions, we are truly happy that you liked Egypt and especially that you enjoyed your stay in Ali Baba. We are also honoured to host such nice guests in our hotel.

Many thanks for your positive comments about Ali Baba team, our personnel will be more than happy to serve you again and even exceed your expectations on the next visit. Please note that our 3 all-inclusive restaurants serve International, Italian, Oriental, Indian, and Pan Asian dishes and thus can satisfy variety of tastes. Also, for our young guests, we have dedicated a large space at the Palace where kids can partake in fun and creative activities such as arts and crafts, painting, cooking etc. under the care of professionally trained multilingual entertainment team. The Kids Club also features a special playroom, apart from a mini-disco, bowling, ice skating, outdoor playground and a kids swimming pool.

Looking forward to welcome you and your family in our hotel in the recent future, assuring you that we will make your holiday unforgettable.

Best regards, Hotel Management

Reviewed April 21, 2019 via mobile

Travelled as a family of 5 for 2 weeks over Easter. We love Egypt, having holidayed in Sharm and Hurghada 28 times so we know the Egyptian culture well enough and know what to expect.

This was our second stay at Ali Baba but we would not return again due to the rude, out dated, and male orientated bias of the Reception Team. Their complete disregard of a female paying guest compared to a male is nothing short of sex discrimination. In 2019 it's not something we would pay the pleasure for again.

There are much better other hotels than this in Hurghada. I'd try those if I were you.

1  Thank annsand69
Reviewed April 20, 2019 via mobile

We have just come back from a week at Ali babas palace and had a lovely time I would have given 5 stars but there were a few things that let it down.
Check in: staff were very helpful and friendly and although it took a while to check in I couldn’t fault them.
Rooms: if you can upgrade we did and to a delux and our room was beautiful and cleaned to a high standard each day.
The pool: the pool goes around the resort and is huge but be warned only 1/4 is heated the rest is freezing and on our last 2 days I’m pretty sure they turned the pool heat off completely as the whole pool was freezing. Sun loungers get reserved early though if you leave your lounger for more than 30 mins the pool attendants will remove you things.
Food: the food was not to my liking and not a great selection though if you can do the fish market do as there seafood is amazing. Avoid the sushi restaurant the Russians take priority in there and we waited 3 hours from ordering and still didn’t get our meal at the end of it yet all the Russians that arrived after us had been fed and left
Entertainment is ok some of the shows had us in stitches others were just awful.
Staff, the staff are great always willing to help and friendly.
Sales people can be quite off putting you constantly get asked if you want to purchase a trip, spa treatment etc and they can be quite pushy so you need to be quite firm with them.
We enjoyed our holiday as it’s our family time, though we probably wouldn’t come back as although it wasn’t overly expensive a lot of things are not included in the all inclusive, quite a few drinks, fish market, ice skating, bowling, fruit, fresh fruit juice, ice cream, pop corn, candy floss, entrance to the night club are all extra, but thank you too the staff especially the pool bar staff who really went the extra mile.