From the minute we landed it was a bit of a hassle as we had to wait in a huge queue to buy a visa which will cost you 20 Egyptian pounds, watch you don't get ripped of as we heard from other people they were charged more! Anyway...
When we arrived at the hotel it was dark. The reception staff were lovely, the lobby was so grand and the night animation was very amusing. We just had a great feeling about the place. As we were taken to our apartment there was a strange smell that quite often comes at night and only night time, but it was not that bad.
The room was nice, very spacious and had two double beds along with a sofa bed and a “mini bar” which is just a fridge that is stocked daily with fresh bottled water.
The food was average. Only thing is that they say they have an Italian & an oriental restaurant along with their main restaurant but they all serve the same food. It is not bad at all. At breakfast they serve made to order omelets, pancakes etc which is all delicious and at night there is always something different plus they make fresh pasta for you, what ever kind you want! And it is all topped off with a variety of ice sculptures etc...
During the day you can either relax by the pool or by the beach & when it gets too hot you can just relax in the lobby with a tea or coffee. The beer in these three hotels is non-alcoholic (well we think anyway) as being an all inclusive resort we drank it all day every day and never once got light headed... If your in search of a good drink then I recommend you go to the Hard Rock Café but it is quite expensive! We got two cocktails which cost us £60!! Although we did get to keep the glass's! Ha..
Shopping: There is some shops situated in the lobby and just of it. Across the road there is a little row of shops that if you haggle you will get things at a good price! In the other two hotels which you can go to free of charge as they are the sister hotels there is a few shops in them two. You can also book to have dinner in those restaurants and use all those facilities too! If you take a cab into down town Hurghada (Sakala) you suddenly step back in time. Great for haggling, if you enjoy it!
If or when you get bored with the Lobby, Games Room, Beach, The Bars, Health Suite, & The Pool, which is the biggest pool in Hurghada then you must try the Excursions! There is plenty available. We went on the Quad bike trail through the Egyptian Dessert to the Bedouin Tents. Most can be booked from the Hotel Reception. We also went Scuba Diving to the Coral Reef, this we booked at the Beach. Also if you get a taxi (which you share with any old person who flags it down) to El Gouna which is the Egyptian equivalent of Monte Carlo. Here there is a lovely variety of cafés & small restaurants & it is from here where we went Para Gliding which was excellent!! A cab to El Gouna will cost you about 50 Egyptian pounds. I recommend going.
Over all I thought this was a lovely resort. The only bad point was the Russians! They made no conversation at all with you, they actually acted as if we did not exist! If you are walking and they are heading your way they will just walk into you then say something cheeky in Russian to you! They talk over you and are just generally rude full stop!! Stay out there way...
The staff were OK, the more you tip them the nicer they become but if you don't tip them then expect nothing! From there the resort becomes self service... But over all they were nice, I don't think they like the Russians either as all they do is shout & scream at them. A smile will go along way with them.
Great resort, We would deffinetly go back!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our beautifully landscaped Ali Baba palace will leave you with a memorable holiday from our family oriented facilities such as our newly established Aquapark , bowling and ice skating rink!, To our party life with our well known foam beach parties from April till October every year on Fridays. Our daily activities with our international animation team who will keep you entertained through out day. From Olympic Games day and competitions against sister hotels Aladdin and Jasmin on Wednesdays. To our aqua park day family parties. Everyone likes to have a drink and sing, that's where our karoekee night comes in our sound proof, 40 theives club, which hosts everyday a party till the morning. We also have a kids program to keep your kids entertained while you take your time to relax through out your day enjoying the sun and crystal blue waters. Don't be alarmed if you heard from them, they baked their own pizzas it's never too young to make your own pizza in our kids clubs where our skilled multilingual kids entertainers makes sure our younrger guests getting their adventure out of the Ali Baba treasure finding experience.. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Priceline so you can book your Ali Baba Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Primasol Ali Baba Palace Hotel Hurghada
- Primasol Ali Baba Palace Hurghada
- Ali Baba Palace Hurghada