we stayed here for 18 nights 23rd august 10th September this was our second year at the hotel as we thoroughly enjoyed it last year But this year we found the hotel reception RUDE<HARRASSING AND INTIMIDATING.Can i just say Sameh and Zaccaria otherwise know as SHakira at the pool bar need a pay rise as they were the only friendly staff serving there and worked very hard they always brought you your drinks and greeted you with a friendly word.. There was one man who had a very long name and sorry we lost the paper we wrote it on He started on the pool bar then went to be a waiter but was sent home on vacation all the rest wanted sacking as they pretended they didnt understand you the trouble with the restaurants is to many managers stood about shouting orders. There are 3 restaurants but only 2 were open on our first evening we accept there are not as many tourists due to the situation in Egypt. We went to go into the Italian which was our favorite restaurant the year before it was only 8.30pm and they refused to serve us as they were closing they said my son had already fetched some pizza as they didnt see him enter they said he could eat his food but we could not have any as they were shutting. The next evening they were shut and we only had one restaurant.There was plenty of variety but the food was only just luke warm after a few days the main restaurant closed and we were all made to use the Italian the choice went down daily then we were made to choose what we wanted every other evening and served by the waiters the food was stone cold. One night on the set menu we had chicken we sent it back 3 times as it was only just aired it was still no warmer so we walked out we were just getting over our 5th bout of upset stomaches and did not want another bout.Tthe childrens section disappeared and so did the pasta station. Everyone we spoke to had upset stomachs,The pool bar food is a joke its cold and the same choice daily
The pool is the main reason for our visits to this hotel but my son snorkeled in the pool he found green moss growing all over the bottom of the pool broken tiles and dirty water trough trays, they had broken plastic grates over them. Last year this pool was cleaned and scrubbed on a daily basis this year they didnt seem to care.
The towel boys are very helpful and will fetch yr towels and mattress and keep the pool area clean normally, this year though glasses were blowing about and they could not wait for you to get off yr bed to clear away they were hovering around you putting beds straight.
The rooms are dated and need refinishing if you have children they expect them to sleep on bed settee but pay adult price if they are over the age of 12, the rooms are cleaned daily but forgot to make childs bed every day
Telephone exchange and internet cafe Rip you off for money or minutes
The cats were every where fighting round your sunbeds, jumping on tables drinking childrens milk drinks walking about in the restaurants waiters did not bother to shoo them out they ignored them.The cats run across you in the evening tripping you up.We took a kettle so used to take milk up in the evening to make a drink in the morning the cats would follow us to our room tripping us on the stairs then sit meowing and scratching at the doors.
The animation team was a joke the leader sat in his hut all the time the rest just walked past us and never spoke for the first 12 days. the list of activities i only ever saw 2 being done they shouted from near the stage for the activities so if you were not near there you did not hear. I had to ask one of them to take my son to play table tennis from day 15 as he was bored silly. The evening entertainment was a joke we saw the same dancer 4 times thats the only entertainment brought in.The lists were taken down so you never knew what they were going to do i know not many guests were in the hotel but we payed for what was advertised they showed clips in the pub of u tube clips and played bingo for a plastic ashtray and a bottle of wine has the top prize they shouted from the lobby what was on at a certain time so if you were in dinner you missed what they shouted but it was so poorly organized and of superior quality we ended up going to our room and watching English films. I know Egyptian entertainment not brilliant when they put on their own shows not like the Tunisian dance shows done by the entertainment teams but at least they are shows
We loved our holiday last year and a friend went with us as well she loved it and it was her first visit to Egypt we enjoyed it so much thats why we booked again this year we were disgusted at how the staff didnt seem to care and how the hotel needed a good clean. In reception they have a glass ceiling with material over it the material is filthy with dead flys etc This hotel needs to get some new chefs what know how to serve hot food,, the pool needs a good clean rooms need updating and most of the staff need changing apart from the pool bar one,s mentioned above. It may hold on to its 4 stars then as it is its lucky to be a 2 star. We could not believe the difference this year and will not be returning or recommending to anyone I could not wait to get home as it truly ruined our holiday
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our beautifully landscaped Ali Baba Palace will leave you with a memorable holiday from our family oriented facilities such as our newly established Aquapark, bowling and ice skating rink! To our party life with our well known foam beach parties from April till October every year on Fridays. Our daily activities with our international animation team who will keep you entertained throughout day. From Olympic Games day and competitions against sister hotels Aladdin and Jasmin on Wednesdays. To our aqua park day family parties. Everyone likes to have a drink and sing, that's where our karaoke night comes in our sound proof, 40 theives club, which hosts every day a party till the morning. We also have a kids program to keep your kids entertained while you take your time to relax through out your day enjoying the sun and crystal blue waters. Don't be alarmed if you heard from them, they baked their own pizzas it's never too young to make your own pizza in our kids clubs where our skilled multilingual kids entertainers makes sure our younger guests get their adventure out of the Ali Baba treasure finding experience.. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Ali Baba Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Primasol Ali Baba Palace Hotel Hurghada
- Primasol Ali Baba Palace Hurghada
- Ali Baba Palace Hurghada