Stayed a week here 8-15th Feb as family of 4. Weather was great (average 25-28) degrees. One of the main reasons we chose this place was for the pool which is huge and weaves its way through the grounds - no need to scramble for sunbeds as there are loads and the heated section is very large and was ideal for a winter break - the kids spent hours in it. Hotel kept really clean and our room was large with bunk beds. Activites include childrens play area, tennis, crazy golf and gym - bowling and ice-skating have a high charge for use so not utilised. The grounds are beautiful with gardens being maintained constantly by hard working grounds staff and there's a lovely palm tree lined walk to the beach. Excellent snorkelling and you only have to swim 50m out. Very few British people but that was okay - mainly Russian and German holiday makers - the Russians kept themselves to themselves and weren't overly rude or difficult as stated in previous reviews.
Food was okay; the kids loved it as there was endless chips and hotdogs at the poolbar and beachbar at lunch time and pizza at night (plus salad and veg!). There were generally 10-12 choices of food at dinner and though some were obviously aimed at Russian guests (kofka etc) there were always dishes that were tasty (e.g. chef freshly cooked stir-fry, chicken, garlic poatoes etc), If you're looking for the food to be the highlight of your holiday, this probably isn't the place for you but if you get this hotel at a good price and aren't too fussy, it's really worth a stay. No tummy bugs!! :-)
We didn't bother with the evening entertainment and what we did hear was Russian and not great. The reception staff weren't overly helpful & rude at times but the 2 Russian guest relation girls (Victoria and Christina) were really good when we had a couple of things that needed sorting and we were grateful for their help. The pool staff really made our holiday special - they really enjoy Bristish guests (but without being 'in your face') (THANKS Khaled, Mustafa and Haytham!!). We would return and I would recommend this place for family/couples who want a good value hotel with great pool and winter sun. We would return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our beautifully landscaped Ali Baba palace will leave you with a memorable holiday from our family oriented facilities such as our newly established Aquapark , bowling and ice skating rink!, To our party life with our well known foam beach parties from April till October every year on Fridays. Our daily activities with our international animation team who will keep you entertained through out day. From Olympic Games day and competitions against sister hotels Aladdin and Jasmin on Wednesdays. To our aqua park day family parties. Everyone likes to have a drink and sing, that's where our karoekee night comes in our sound proof, 40 theives club, which hosts everyday a party till the morning. We also have a kids program to keep your kids entertained while you take your time to relax through out your day enjoying the sun and crystal blue waters. Don't be alarmed if you heard from them, they baked their own pizzas it's never too young to make your own pizza in our kids clubs where our skilled multilingual kids entertainers makes sure our younrger guests getting their adventure out of the Ali Baba treasure finding experience.. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ali Baba Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Primasol Ali Baba Palace Hotel Hurghada
- Primasol Ali Baba Palace Hurghada
- Ali Baba Palace Hurghada