All reviews animation team italian restaurant nice holiday jasmine disco egyptians
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Me and my friend went to the Aladdin for a week march '12 and had a fantastic time. We booked the holiday last minute on the internet purely on the basis that it looked nice and we are really pleased we did, we had the most relaxing time and laughed the whole week.

We flew with Thomas Cook and was with Hotels4U (transfer was with Hotels4U) and I can honestly say that I would use these again.

Thomas Cook flight is always average and anyone who flies with them knows this.

Transfer and hotel reps very good.
We arrived at Hurghada Airport and was through in no time at all, then met transfer people (very easy). We where lucky to have a private transfer that wasn't expected and got to hotel in around 15 minutes. Check in was fast and easy, reception staff was happy and very polite. The porter took us and our cases to our room, which was more like a little chalet from the outside, surrounded by beautiful flowers. We was on the ground floor which was the one thing we had both said we did not want, but it turned out to be lovely and we was pleased we had that room.
Our room was slap in the middle between restaurant/disco and pool on the main walk way and other than one group of men leaving the pub and going past after closing we heard nothing and had no problems. The Room was clean and the beds comfortable. The shower was great, it was powerful and temperature was good, there is a good hairdryer as well. They have a TV in the room if you want it and there is 1 English news channel and 1 English movie channel. our cleaner was very good, our sheets changed every other day and towels changed daily. Our cleaner never bugged us for tips, but always said hello even if he was busy and he left us fresh flowers everyday.

Food... We never went hungry. there was fresh bread and salad every day and a good selection and varied food on offer. Fresh pancakes and omelets cooked fresh for you every morning. Please remember that it is a all inclusive buffet that is on for a few hours every meal time, this means that if you turn up at the very end of the time your food will be warm and not hot. this does not make the food horrible it just makes it warm.
Waiters..... they varied the same as anywhere. we had some exceptional service and some bad service (not awful) some worked hard for tips and some worked hard for a smile and a thank you. We tipped if we got good service and they understood this when they saw who and when we tipped. I have come across this in a lot of different hotels not just here.

Pool/Beach.... Pool was clean and lovely but we only sat there once for about 10 minutes, we preferred the beach which was great.
The beach has good sunbeds and it has wind breakers which is good for here (can be very windy) the beach boys got us padded bed covers every day and layed out our towels for us, again this was for a small tip (twice) and a thank you every time. if you are rude to them they will ignore you and we witnessed this a few times.

Treats.... massage, oh yes it was so worth the money and the men and women that work in the spa are great. if you do nothing else have a massage.

We went to Luxor on a day trip by coach, so worth the long journey. one of the best days of the holiday. Our guide was fantastic and told us so much, food on trip was good and I would definitely say go on this.
We went on Safari trip, this is Quads, Spider car, Beduin village and evening meal and entertainment. I had a bit of a spill off the Quad bike and was knocked about by the fall and I have to say that the men/boys that work with the quads and us crazy tourists where FANTASTIC..... I was ok but a little bruised and grazed, they cleaned me up and where wonderful. It was not anything they did wrong to make me fall, it was the nob driving in front of me.

Would I go back to this hotel.. YES..YES..YES
In fact my friends parents have just booked it on our recommendation.

Oh and dont let me forget to say a big THANK YOU to the hotel for finding my lost iphone and helping me arrange to get it back. the phone has all our pictures on it and it is not being delivered till monday so I cannot add photo's to this review yet.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
9  Thank xxangelaxx
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Glorious weather, friendly people, nothing to complain about, did not want to come home!

Room Tip: All rooms are identical and only on two floors.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Kathy S
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Have just returned from a 12 night stay here with my partner. I will review it best I can and I hope that you find it helpful.

Upon arrival we had a nice easy and smooth check in, we arrived at 7pm. our bags were taken to our room and we were shown where the resturant was along the way, and we were also shown how to work the air con in the room, not that we needed it as the evenings were very cool and sometimes chilly We loved the room, it was clean, king size bed TV. We just sleep there to be honest so we are never overly bothered if it's basic.

Food was good. Plenty of choice. We tipped our waiter on the first night we ate in the resturant and he looked after us for the duration, giving us a table by the window every day. We also gave him a larger tip at the end of the holiday, he was more than helpful and polite. The only thing I hated about dinner was the Russians. Never before have I come across such rude, arrogant, miserable people in all my time. They are a fowl bunch, pushing and shoving! We had the pleasure of 2 joining us at our table... uninvited, I was almost sick when the guy ate mash potato off his plate with no knife and fork, that's right! Lifting the plate up to his mouth and gobbling the mash off it. Grim! These people have no manners and no common courtesy, spitting and flemming as you walk the grounds. If you can avoid them then please do so. We tend to keep ourselves to ourselves anyway. I think anywhere where you go in Egypt is going to be full of Russians.

I am a travel agent in the UK and I took a lot of notice of the grounds and the pool, beach etc.... The resort itself is very wheelchair friendly, or for those who have walking difficulties. It's very flat.
The buildings are low rise and the top floor rooms don't have lifts. But the terrace rooms all have ramps for wheelchair users.

Amimation Team seemed ok, not a lot of guest contact with us personally to be honest. Aqua Gym, Belly Dance, Salsa, lots to do, and the evening entertainment seems plentiful although we never watched.

Lots of cats and kittens on resort, I love cats so it didn't bother me, they all look really healthy and are friendly. I fed them every morning along with many others.

We did a few trips that were sold to us by the reps at the hotel, boat trip to Paradise Island was fantastic, staff on the boat were bubbly and fun. We also did the Jeep Safari all day trip. It was a long day for only 1hour ride on the jeeps and 20min in the spider buggies, I would recommend doing the 3hour one, unless you want to visit the Bedwin Villiage and ride a camel.
We also had manicures, pedicures which were fantastic, the amount of skin that came off our feet was YUK!!
We also had a massage which was again.... lovely.

Housekeeping was brilliant. I had swans and hearts on my bed. Again we left a nice tip. These people only earn £20GBP a week and rely a lot on tips.

Taxis - Always agree a price before getting in, we managed to get down to the new marina for 20le. - £2- it was about a 15m drive away. Well worth a visit. We also got to Senzo mall for 50p. 2 min drive but weather was windy again and my friend hurt had her leg.

We went to Titanic water park across the road - Tickets can be collected at reception on the morning that you want to go. It was ok, the weather was windy so we didn't go on rides. I will post a review on Titanic resort about the staff that we came across there.

The only let down was that there was no wifi at the hotel. My boyfriend is a footie fanatic and wanted to check the scores, but couldn't. There is computures to use in reception tho 15le for 20min.

We ate at the Ali Baba Italian one night, this was lovely. You have to get your resevation cards from reception early in the morning as they only have a few spare tables left a night I guess. We went to the Ali Baba most nights for drinks as we preferred their lobby bar. You can use all 3 hotels in the All Inclusive, but resevation cards are needed for meals in the other hotels resturants.

I think I have covered it all. We had a lovely time and would gladly go back. The Resort is huge and there is plenty to do, most of the staff are friendly, and just steer clear of the misrable Russians.
I would recommend to friends, family and customers of mine, provding that they are easy going and just want a few weeks of relaxing sunshine like we did.

Room Tip: Don't forget your Imodium, I have a weak tummy, my partner was fine for the duartion. But I always have this issue.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
17  Thank SianandAl
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Stayed here for a week.The food was disgusting and catered towards Russians and Germans.Not a hotel for English the staff were NOT friendly or helpful and served Russians first.The room was very basic and dirty and smelt of what we thought was cat wee as there was lots of cats around.Would never go back here and certainly shouldn't be a 5star maybe a 2!

Room Tip: Don't go choose somewhere else!You've been warned.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lisa C
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Hotel was amazing staff were really friendly and helpfull and couldn't do enough for u.
Food in the main restaurant was really good something different every night, it's was good that we could use the other hotels facilities aswel. Deffently going back! Loved evey minuite of it and didn't want to come home!

• Stayed: February 2012