All reviewsanimation teamitalian restaurantnice holidayjasminediscoegyptians
Reviewed January 29, 2012

i have stayed at this hotel before and couln't fault it, however on this occasion it had changed, service was poor for the english but couldn't do enough for you if you were russian or german. the annimation team were not interested unless you were russian or german, they only spoke to us because they first thought we were russian, as soon as we spoke they said sorry! there needed to be more staff in the restaurant, in the mornings you had to wait till you had nearly finished your breakfast before you could get a cup, not the waiters fault there was only 3 of them on.
it was the same in the lobby bar, we asked waiter for drinks he said ok but then went to wait on the russians and we had to ask 3 times before we finally got ours. the upstairs bar was totally different they couldnt do enough for you!
apart from that we had a lovely time
the cleaner we had was named nasser and he was lovely, couldnt do enough for you was very helpful.
go into hurgarda town great for shopping, restaurants and bars.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank elaine950
Reviewed January 15, 2012

1st of all i went to aladdin a lot of times maybe like 12 or 13 time
its a very good place full of everything you want to entertain in , but in my opinion there is a main reason to love this place which is the ANIMATION TEAM , they are all amazing , they are doing everything in the hotel starting from the kids untill the grand mother & father .. they have a very good talent in treating the guests ... i saw two teams in this hotel 1st team was in 2009 & 2nd was in 2011 .. the 1st was good but then team there now is marvelous , they are all amazing , super , active , funny , friendly .. so where could i see a gang like this in another place starting with boss mister micheal [ mr. fantastic , faker fire man ] , saphira & camila [ super belly dancers ] ksusha [ adorable ballerina , custom ] nastya [ the most clever girl all over hurghada .. miss red bull ] asya [ the most funny , friendly with all guests , she has a very good guest relation ] era , anastasya & lena [ three of them are great ]
i love them all , i love the place ... try it & u will never lose anything !!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
9  Thank Karim S
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Myself and my wife stayed at the Aladdin from 27th Dec 2011 to 10th jan 2012 we found the hotel rooms were a little dated, but very clean. The staff were very friendly, and the food was very good. We found the Aladdin value for money and had a very enjoyable holiday.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
12  Thank MiddletonMeatpie
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I was travelling to eugept in the beginning of September, 2011. First I'll begin from the room. I have taken room in the new block on the second floor. Furniture is rather old, in bathroom you can use water for 3 minutes and then need to wait for 5 minutes while it get off. As we have checked in late in the evening in few hours we were going to sleep and have found that furnishing was dirty. I have called to the receiption and then was waiting for an hour while somebody would come to change it.
Now some words about restoraunt. On tables there are no tablecloth. And there are no even spoons, knifes and forks. Yu need to wait for the waiter while they come and bring them to you. And you can wait them for 30 minutes. They do not hurry.
Room service. the floor wasn't washed at all. It is normal, when you frop the towels to the floor to change and they just put it back without changing.

I'll never return to the hotel.
Glasses are very-very dirty. One-time glasses are used for several times.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Andrey V
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Just returned from a superb, relaxing experience at this charming place. Some of the poor reviews above are either just humbug or extremely bad luck. My accommodation was roomy, clean and pleasant. Free access is given to umpteen restaurants, each offering fine varieties of soup, salads, vegetables, meat, fish, fruit and puddings; variety was enormous, and flavours produced with herbs (particularly dill) and local spices were delightful. Spinach and egg plant dishes were tasty, as were the many traditional Egyptian recipes for fish, chicken and beef. Hibiscus juice, local yoghurts and ice cream were another treat. Breakfast pancakes, individually cooked omelettes, (with fine local breads) and tomatoes with cheese were enjoyed enormously. Some evenings, meat was cooked on charcoal outside the restaurants.

Free drinks were ok, and generously supplied, particularly the red wine, lager and local brandy. Some of our Russian cousins did seem rather morose and somewhat rude, though the excellent beetroot and cabbage dishes should have helped cheer them up.

The swimming pools were luxurious- I particularly loved the elongated one at Ali Baba- and the little zoo at Aladdin was charming. They take good care of the gardens and grounds, with splendid walkways and good, thorough maintenance throughout.

Evening entertainment was plentiful, with a good range of vocalists, dancers and specialist acts; there were several choices for late night discos. I also loved watching the youngsters being well entertained daytime and early evenings.

Sea swimming and snorkelling was wonderful- do go on the glass bottom boat (quite cheap). They take you out to an island, passing over phenomenal coral reefs, supplying snorkel equipment to swim around and observe the most exotic coloured fish I've ever seen- supervision was excellent, absolutely exquisite!

Yes I had several small criticisms, which were taken up with management and rectified immediately, but the overall drive, energy and skill needed to run such a big project successfully, were evident everywhere. Monarch Airways got me there comfortably, and I am extremely indebted to Karen at Holidays Your Way, Gwent House, Cwmbran NP44 1Pl for her excellent, thoughtful assistance and advice- listening to others, I am sure that she fixed a very good price for me!
Regrettably, the people are very poor, with sparse education- I understand that newspapers and information are strictly controlled, and criticism is harshly dealt with by the army- I desperately hope that Egypt will find ways to improve these conditions, it doesn't seem to be happening yet! Do support this beautiful country if you can, not least by holidaying there!

Room Tip: first floor balconies give good privacy, as opposed to ground floor and bungalow style.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo