“Dont go there”

Ranked #115 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Dont go there”
Reviewed July 24, 2011

We went to Aladdin as two couples and a baby,the hotel is clean but basic,ther was very few English mostly Rusians who were so rude and greedy couldnt belive it, if they wernt pushing in the q for food to pile there plates high they were demanding the waiters without a please or thank you,the staff seemed to have got used to this behavior as they treated us the same ignorant and dismissive,the entertainment was Russian and what activities there were at the pool water gym thats it the gym has no air con and the pool table you have to pay for by the hour,drinks are local and tasted like cemical compound if you want fresh juice you pay for it if you dont want to eat the same slop every day you can pay, best meal i had was Macdonalds which is a shame as i was looking forward to experiancing the cuisine bland and tastless with agood measure of tummy trouble imodium became my best investment.
we have been on many allinclusive this isnt a true allinclusive even a bbq night by the pool we had to pay extra,i could keep going on but please dont waste your money here

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank sharmatt71

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
london
Reviewed June 14, 2011

This is my first trip to Hurghada (Taba numerous times) and did not know what to expect. You have to pay £13 for a visa on entry to the airport, luggage and customs were fairly quick if a bit disorganised. We did not have transfers & opted for a taxi outside the airport, which you had to haggle hard to get the correct price but was easy to get. Most of the hotels are on a strip and within 10 mins of the airport. The hotel it self is failry large and is shared with Jasmine and Ali Baba. If you get a reservation you can eat meals at these hotels (Aladdin had by far the WORST food). The other 2 hotels also had better pools. I found most of the staff unfriendly and ALL the managers I encountered to be lazy and uniterested. The dining room is worst than a canteen, with about 4 managers just walking around ogling the women. There are a few mangy cats there. Overall I would not go back to this hotel, but may be pushed to go to Jasmine or Ali Baba. Drinks are continually running out and if I hear 'Top Banana' by the barman once more..........

Room Tip: Furthest away from the disco.
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed May 4, 2011

We arrived at reception and ignored, finally the man come over took our details and decided to have a row with a colleague, and then another row took place, until after 10 minutes of watching them row, we decided to ask them to stop rowing and check us in.

The grounds were lovely, well kept by the Gardeners.

The room was clean and functional, a little dated but nothing to extreme .

The resort itself is nice and clean, shame they don’t have a little map or pamphlet of where everything is, as you only learn by wondering around the three resorts to find out what is going on.

The mini bus they have, which we thought was free is not and it may or may not turn up.

Do not get a taxi from the hotel, the rip you off, walked outside the hotel, they are waiting.

We paid around EGP 30 to the Marina and Sheraton Road, do not get in taxi until you agree this price, and if the argue you with the price when your are in the taxi, tell them to stop the taxi and you will get in another one, taxi’s are ten a penny. Unfortunately if you are polite to them, they just see you as a target.

I hate moaning, but all the staff in this hotel need to be sent on course about customer service, the only semi-pilot staff were the cleaners, but the management, the reception, the waiter, the gardeners, the porters, the security, the bar staff, even the animation team all of them were rude, arrogant, lazy, totally disorganised and before doing anything they love nothing best than having a full on row. These people survive on tips, I could not even stomach giving them one penny I was so discussed with the whole situation.

You walked into the restaurant no good morning from the manager, even though you would say ‘good morning’, the tables were not clean, you would wait ages until a member of staff would come over and clear the table and set it up, it become so frustrating that in the end I would just set my own table. This was on going for lunch and dinner. Also the whole lot was disorganised, no bowls by the cereal or soup, no butter next to the bread, plates randomly placed, no real organisation or logic.

No waiter in the bar area would get you a drink, so you went to the bar, even though waiting staff were around. It wasn’t until near the end of the holiday we start to get waiter service, and this was due to a party member buying premium alcohol and not the stuff that was included in the all inclusive.

We had all inclusive, the drinks are watered down, we asked for a gin and tonic and it was like drinking water. It wasn’t just alcohol that was watered down, it was all fizzy soft drinks and coffee was weak.

The food is same most days and at mainly is catered for eastern European which is fair enough as it is 95% Eastern Europeans, but a bit of variety wouldn’t get a miss, you probably had 3 meat/fish items to pick from, and the rest was just poor, low grade food, we ended up eating out 4 out of our 7 days.

The end result of this holiday was I didn’t realise how much service, food and drink can really change a holiday from being great to, to being one of the worse holidays I have ever taken. Would I go back, no it has unfortunately put me off going to an all-inclusive holiday. I would also not go to Hugarada again, as it is a tourist town and only 20 years old, nothing to really see or do.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank beddown78

Travelers are raving about these Hurghada hotels

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2011

We stayed here for 7 nights having been told that it was a four star hotel, on an all inclusive basis. This hotel is definitely no more than 2/3 stars and had a fairly miserable week to be honest despite trying to stay optimistic - mostly due to the food.

On a positive note the pools and pool areas were clean and well kept, and the room was clean and adequate - which was about it really.

The main negative was the food which was terrible, and VERY limited... with only a small range of basic food available as all-inclusive, extra payment needed for anything such as fruit like melon/strawberries etc.The several different restaurants (oriental, italian and so on) all serve the same, and the food is not replenished once eaten so is fairly sparce within an hour of first serving if you dont get there early. They also seemed to constantly run out of soft drinks and fruit juices again required extra payment - its the least inclusive all-inclusive we've been to.

This is a resort primarily for Russian tourists, which we didn't realise and shouldn't be an issue - except that the staff and entertainment crews are therefore mostly Russian speaking and oriented. The resort itself also seemed in a state of disrepair in many areas.

We regard ourselves as pretty upbeat and looking at other reviews we would have thought they were being overly fussy, however in this case I really wouldnt recommend it and it is definitely not value for money. If you treat it as a 2/3 star then this would be a fairly accurate basis to decide how much you wanted to spend to stay here.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dgbham
Brigg, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2011

I dont feel i have to put much.....stafff great polite and nothing too much trouble like anywhere a tip is common courtesy, as at home. We went last april , nov and january 2011 .and today booked to leave england and go for another 14 days in 2 weeks i cant wait!!!!!!The people make out trips there so worthwhile...if you dont like haggling steer away from the shops like anywhere in the world .Weather gauranteed.I would recomend to any of our freiends etc. all i can say is some people should stay away if they want burger and chips etc or go to Blackpool,....or spain....turkey.... WE LOVE IT!!!!!!

Room Tip: plenty small notes for tips
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank lynneadair60
Haugesund
Reviewed April 6, 2011

My best friend and I had a much needed holiday in Hurghada, and stayed at Aladdin Beach Resort for 10 days. The rooms were extremely clean and were thoroughly washed each and every day. My best friend being Dutch, he had booked this with a Dutch group and we stayed on full board basis. This included free mineral water, water, wine, beer and coffee. However we had to pay if we wanted any cocktails or juices. The prices though were minimal and their fresh lemon juice fantastic. :-) They had a great buffet. I can't really tell you that much about the food, because I preferred to find my food in the city. For authentic local cuisine I recommend to try some of the many "holes in the wall" offering Sharma and other Egyptian delights. Ebrahim and “Topbanana” were just two of the servers that made our stay brilliant. Our first day there we were given a special offer (new arrivals only - they must have recognised the new arrivals on the pale white skin of the Norwegian, aka me :-) ) to go to the spa. And I ended up buying several sessions after my first try. Said at the Spa had fantastic hands, and I really did love my appointments there. Maxim offered bus service from the resort and into Hurghada town centre. He is a great guy and we got to know him really well as the days progressed. Taxis are also cheap, but make sure you decide the price before getting into the car. Being offered to drive the taxi for a while was an extremely tempting offer, but my friend for some reason did not find the idea quite so appealing. Of course the bus stops right outside a souvenir shop as can be expected. We were welcomed here by some really fantastic guys, amongst them Sultan and Ali. They serve the world’s best coffee.  I am not used to travelling with tour groups, so for me it was strange not being able to book any tour I liked. If you want to do individual tours which are not offered by your tour operator, then contact some of the tourist information centres in town. Or ask one of the locals. They are all extremely helpful and friendly. There was a great beach at the resort. Give the towel guys some tip in the beginning, and they will hold great spots for you for the upcoming days.  There is much more I can write about this trip, but in short I just have to say that it was a fantastic holiday, and I just wish I had more time so I could thoroughly explore Egypt while I was there. I have taken a slight point off on location, but that is just a personal preference. I like to be within walking distance of all the events, and here we were dependant on transportation to/from the city. Apart from that the location was brilliant. And it was right by the seashore with scuba trips and private beachfront.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank ssprong
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 28, 2011

we have returned to the Aladdin Beach Resort now for the past 6 years and will be returning this year,the hotel is well kept,the staff are very friendly and helpful,the beach is only a short stroll away from the main resturant,the beach bar is good at lunch time the main one is is very busy so at times you may have to wait,the food is not what we would eat but its not hard to find something for everyone,there is lots of russian and german ppl there but we have had no trouble from either,see the beach boys and they will happily put out a sunbed with a towel on it right where you ask,if you decide to go downtown,there is maccy dees and other takeaways,if you need anyone to speak with about anything Ali the manager of the main resturant speaks very good english,dont take my word,see for yourself xx

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family