“Brilliant holiday, much thanks to brilliant staff - Topbanana!”

Aladdin Beach Resort
Ranked #94 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed April 6, 2011

My best friend and I had a much needed holiday in Hurghada, and stayed at Aladdin Beach Resort for 10 days. The rooms were extremely clean and were thoroughly washed each and every day. My best friend being Dutch, he had booked this with a Dutch group and we stayed on full board basis. This included free mineral water, water, wine, beer and coffee. However we had to pay if we wanted any cocktails or juices. The prices though were minimal and their fresh lemon juice fantastic. :-) They had a great buffet. I can't really tell you that much about the food, because I preferred to find my food in the city. For authentic local cuisine I recommend to try some of the many "holes in the wall" offering Sharma and other Egyptian delights. Ebrahim and “Topbanana” were just two of the servers that made our stay brilliant. Our first day there we were given a special offer (new arrivals only - they must have recognised the new arrivals on the pale white skin of the Norwegian, aka me :-) ) to go to the spa. And I ended up buying several sessions after my first try. Said at the Spa had fantastic hands, and I really did love my appointments there. Maxim offered bus service from the resort and into Hurghada town centre. He is a great guy and we got to know him really well as the days progressed. Taxis are also cheap, but make sure you decide the price before getting into the car. Being offered to drive the taxi for a while was an extremely tempting offer, but my friend for some reason did not find the idea quite so appealing. Of course the bus stops right outside a souvenir shop as can be expected. We were welcomed here by some really fantastic guys, amongst them Sultan and Ali. They serve the world’s best coffee.  I am not used to travelling with tour groups, so for me it was strange not being able to book any tour I liked. If you want to do individual tours which are not offered by your tour operator, then contact some of the tourist information centres in town. Or ask one of the locals. They are all extremely helpful and friendly. There was a great beach at the resort. Give the towel guys some tip in the beginning, and they will hold great spots for you for the upcoming days.  There is much more I can write about this trip, but in short I just have to say that it was a fantastic holiday, and I just wish I had more time so I could thoroughly explore Egypt while I was there. I have taken a slight point off on location, but that is just a personal preference. I like to be within walking distance of all the events, and here we were dependant on transportation to/from the city. Apart from that the location was brilliant. And it was right by the seashore with scuba trips and private beachfront.

4  Thank ssprong

Reviewed March 28, 2011

we have returned to the Aladdin Beach Resort now for the past 6 years and will be returning this year,the hotel is well kept,the staff are very friendly and helpful,the beach is only a short stroll away from the main resturant,the beach bar is good at lunch time the main one is is very busy so at times you may have to wait,the food is not what we would eat but its not hard to find something for everyone,there is lots of russian and german ppl there but we have had no trouble from either,see the beach boys and they will happily put out a sunbed with a towel on it right where you ask,if you decide to go downtown,there is maccy dees and other takeaways,if you need anyone to speak with about anything Ali the manager of the main resturant speaks very good english,dont take my word,see for yourself xx

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank Millie071
Reviewed February 1, 2011

Arrived with his family. I am a wife, a daughter of 4 years.
Impressions from the hotel are good. A huge territory (including a grid of three hotels). Gets 3 heated pools and great beach. Near the beach, a coral reef.
The food is good. But the apparent diversity bored on the third day. All the food - the same egg, only in profile.
Staff are mostly friendly. But the waiters are arrogant, slow and hamovatye.
If it does not take into account, the hotel is excellent for family vacations

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank mrvkondratev
Reviewed December 30, 2010

I booked the Aladdin at the last minute for a holiday between 21-28 December on the strength of the TA reviews regarding the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff and on this point I was not disappointed. BUT, given what I paid for the trip, it was pretty poor value for the money. I have been to 2 Occidental hotels in Egypt and can therefore make the comparison with other 4* hotels and this one very definitely came up wanting.

We should have had a 3 bedded room, but on arrival we had been allocated a very small twin because there was no room for the sofa to be put down. Luckily this was not a problem as another larger room was available and it was quickly switched.

Do remember to tip at the beginning of your holiday and as you go along and you will get good service. It will get quite expensive. The staff rely on these tips as I am told they only earn £70 per month. Do not leave it until you go home.

Positives:
The exchange rate at the bank in the hotel was better than anything you can get in the UK - being 8.95 on arrival.
It was hot by 9.30 am and nearly 30 by mid-day, but the sun cools down by 3.30 pm at this time.
Our room was kept clean and tidy and we had clean towels daily - thanks to Fouad for that. He also kept us topped up with water.
The shower, albeit old, was always extremely hot and had good pressure.
A huge amount of effort by the kitchen staff went into a Christmas Eve dinner.
I had 2 wonderful massages by Ahmed in the spa for £25 each - he really got the knots out.
Plenty of ramps for pushchairs, but rather steep sometimes for a wheelchair.
You can use the facilities of the 2 hotels either side, but you need a booking slip from reception before they let you in and you get this from reception in the morning.
Although it is near to the airport, there really is no noise disturbance.
Set of shops just outside the hotel - 10-15 minute walk - one of which is a Cleopatra, which is fixed price and quite reasonable. There is also one in Hurghada.

The hotel has its own nice taxi which will take you into Hurghada for 80LE and pick you up at a designated time. It will drop you off near the Pizza Hut in a side road off Sheraton Road and a man from the Ramses shop will sort out the pickup. Be careful not to get in the wrong taxi on return as there are plenty wanting to take you back. This taxi for us was cheaper than using the shuttle bus which goes at 3.30 from the hotel at cost 15LE per person each way.

I do not think Hurghada shops are suitable for anyone with mobility problems as the pavements have curbs which are 10 - 12" in places and I struggled with my knee. There is not a long stretch of pavement because there are so many side streets here. There are a lot of expensive gold and silver shops and dozens of souvenir shops with exactly the same goods in each. There is a McDonalds, KFC and Pizza Hut.

Aladdin beach has parasols and windbreaks and we did not have a problem with towels being put out in the am, but the beach was full by 10 am. Sand shoes would be useful for children beause there are quite a few large rocks in the water, but also there is good snorkelling off the jetty.
Jasmin beach has better sand and there are no rocks in the water, but the parasols and windbreaks are placed very close together.
The towel service works well.

Channel 20 has BBC world news, 22 is an English film channel and 23 sport.

The hotel was full, but this wasn't a problem most of the time. You wait to be seated, so you don't have to look for a spare table. You soon learn the busy times, such as 6.30 pm for us, but by 7.30 it was clear again. 8 am was fine but by 9.30 it was busy.

Negatives:
This is not a 4* hotel, probably not even 3.
I have always taken the comments with a pinch of salt about the state of a hotel, but unfortunately everything you read here is true. They are constantly making repairs but the quality of workmanship is dreadful. They only have a 6" brush I think - cowboy builders would have a run for their money here.

The rooms all safes but these were not working. You had to get a key to a bank of safe deposit boxes in reception and do your business there, which is quite inconvenient.
I could not make a phone call to England from the room on Christmas Day and had to use the service in reception and had no privacy. The cost was £3.60 for 3 minutes.

NO COCKTAILS - I have never been all inclusive anywhere where there is not some kinjd of cocktail selection. You have can the local spirits with one mixer and the spirit was reasonably strong, but I don't understand why in a country where fruit juice is so cheap these were not available.
I did buy a pina colada on Christmas Eve for 50LE, but this had white stuff at the bottom and apple pieces floating at the top - not apparently coconut, so didn't bother again.

The menu at the beach bar was not very good - not geared to AI - but you could buy other food.
Water was not available other than in your room and no other drinks in the fridge.

The evening entertainment does not start until 10pm in the disco, although the Jasmine and Ali Baba start at 9 pm, but we didn't bother with it. So we just had drinks on the terrace of the lobby bar, which brings me to:

MOSQUITOS - My daughter was eaten alive on her last night while sitting outside in the lobby bar, inspite of having sprayed herself with Jungle spray. She also had a couple of bites on her first night while smoking on the balcony of the room. The hotel does spray insect repellant around the grounds at 4.30 in the afternoon, so I am surprised. I didn't suffer at all this trip, neither did my other daughter. We were told fluoride toothpaste soothes them well.

We met someone from the Pyramisa on our way home who went to their doctor for her young daughter because of a bad bite and paid £50 as soon as she entered the room and £100 for the ointment!!!!

Had my daughter written this review, it would have been much more scathing.

• Stayed: December 2010
2  Thank oldduckHarlow
Reviewed December 19, 2010

The hotel is clean, good value for money or as they would say "cheap as chips" so don't expect more than what you pay for. The staff are a mixture the same as anywhere. Some work hard and some don't. The cleaners are a pain keep coming and going with towels to catch you in for a tip as is the rest of the country but thats expected out there. The things which do get on your nerves are the lingering pervy looks from the pool staff who will not leave young girls alone at all! The massage is good value unless of course you are young and they try touching you up in the wrong places. The food, lets keep it real, food is a personal choice so I never go off what people say is good and bad but it was hillarious as how many different names can you call a beef in gravy of sorts..lots is the answer to that. Chicken is the same. Sometimes it was called duck but rest assured it was chicken. The food is the same in the other hotels if dining in the main areas. Very repetative. You will be mithered by the pool and beach daily asking you about trips etc so if you are looking for a get away from it all don't pick this hotel. The staff save loungers at the pool and beach if you tip them so if your not paying your not getting although when I went there was enough to go around! Hotel was clean, food cold and drink tasted as it usually does like paint stripper unless your paying but it is still value for money for a last minute deal. The whole holiday to Egypt is about getting what they can from you however they can and when booking trips they will tell you what you want to here and even lie to get you to book. I fell for that one! It sounds all negative but it is value for money as it is mega cheap!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank malibu1991
Reviewed December 6, 2010

Just got back from 2 weeks in Aladdin beach resort. The resort is part of a complex with 2 additional resorts, in which you have free access.
Positive: The weather :-)
Negative: The structure itself, which needs to be refurbished, bad service (besides the friendly approach of staff members, they are not able to provide you with acceptable standards of service). Food, always the same and not really tasty. The presence of horde of russians who are not the maximum of politeness and friendly behaviour. Waiters and staff who instead to work and improve the service, spend time to talk/chase women customers.

If you're looking for a relatively cheap holidays with not many expectations, you may consider this Hotel. Otherwise better choose something else.

Reviewed November 30, 2010

Just returned from a wonderful holiday at Alladin Beach. Having read reviews, I honestly think they say more about the person who is writing them than the hotel. It was clean, friendly, mainly russian, yes, but that just means that the 20 or so English groups / couples gravitate towards each other much more readily, and we really enjoyed this. The music was mainly English, the entertainment fun, the use of 3 hotels gave us enough variety in our 2 week stay. OK the food is samey after 2 weeks, but there is always something you can eat, from junk food on the beach to a variety of meals in the restaurants.
Tips - Tip your waiter 200 egp (£2) on day 1 and you will be waited on hand and foot every night after that, while the russians are queuing at the bar.
Bring Imodium ( we never worked out what caused the tummy upsets, tried avoiding water, salad, milk, wine etc and came to the conclusion it's just different to our systems) but 1 imodium, no probs (wish we'd known that earlier :)
Bring bug repellant and antihistamine cream - forgot to use them on day 1 - got gnashed to bits - after that no problem.
The main pool is being reconstructed, but as you still have 1 pool, an amazing beach and use of an AMAZING pool at Ali Baba next door, and all of the Jasmine's facilities, it really isn't a problem.
Having visited both the Ali Baba and Jasmine beach on either side, I would definitely stay here again. We spoke to people (and experienced) that because in both of the other hotels, it is a free for all, grab a table, fight the russians etc, whereas in the Alladin, it is wait to be seated, get food and waiter served drinks, the atmosphere and service is much calmer, and not like a canteen.
Above all, the Egyptians love the british and can be a bit overzealous, but if you laugh it off, and say no thanks nicely when you don't want something, they are happy to smile and be on their way and will go out of their way to be helpful.
I've been to Hurghada before, and was very pleasantly surprised with this hotel, and am already saving up to go back.
If you want to ask anymore questions, please feel free.
P.S If you fly back to Britain in the winter - Remember NOT to wear flipflops especially when it's minus 1 in the UK - Have fun and enjoy :)

5  Thank dmadlington